Harris Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process was straightforward and much easier then I expected. I applied for the position and received a call two weeks later. The interview was straightforward with basic HR questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harris

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Non Technical questions, mostly character questions. The interview was less about your skills, and more about how you would fit in with the culture. This is most likely different for a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harris (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

The process of hiring took approximately 4 months. In that time were 6 interviews. Some on the phone and some in person. The pain of the process was that they did not pul, the the trigger until late late in the process. I had verbal agreements, but nothing on paper.

I ended up taking another job that I was less interested in, but knew it would work out well regardless. The DAY I started the job, I finally got the paperwork from HCC. I was still very interested in working for the behemoth that I decided to take the offer, which meant that I had to quit within a week of being hired by the first one.

I hated doing that, but needed to look forward to a bright future with a well known and highly regarded company.

Interview Questions

• Write an Executive Summary about myself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

The people at the company seemed very friendly. The interview was not overly intimidating and there were not many technical questions. Interviewers seemed to be interested in getting to know me as opposed to asking technical questions on the spot. Overall I enjoyed the process and felt that it was a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you design and op-amp circuit that acts as an integrator?   Answer Question

Accepted a position closer to home

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris in February 2011.

Interview

Talked to them at a college career fair, then called later that day to set up an interview for the following day. The people were very friendly but the person I interviewed with had only been working there for a couple of months so he couldn't tell me too much, although he did mention good salary and frequent pay raises (every 6 months).

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions about group work and more about the projects I've done and how I contributed..   Answer Question
    • Some questions about extra-curricular activities (ie. what do you do outside of take classes)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris in January 2011.

Interview

I had an on campus interview that was 1:1, which was mainly talking about my coursework and current employment on campus. I was then invited to their Rochester location where I had 4 1:1 interviews with different types of engineers from different groups within the company. It was recent and I haven't heard back from them yet but I believe I will.

Interview Questions

• If I pass a filter with a finite amount of frequency components through a system and get out more frequency components than when I started, what can you say about the system?   2 Answers

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris in March 2009.

Interview

Hiring process substandard; HR slow to unresponsive
    Most positions are "filled" prior to posting

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult situations you faced and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Why should we choose you to fill this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation: know salary range(s) prior to interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris in February 2009.

Interview

phone behavioral interview. technical on site interview