Harris Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Health System Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2016

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris Health System.

Interview

Quickly moved through HR to interview directly with the Rehab Manager. The manager was very easy to talk with and transparent. The job requirements and expectations were provided, a tour of the facility was given, as well as short introductions to other employees. Time was given for me to share my professional goals and professional history. I was told the pay rate during the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your biggest challenges professionally and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

RN Residency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the Nursing Director and two other nurse managers. I was asked some basic interview questions, some behavioral, and some scenarios. The interview lasted about one hour and each person took turn asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experience a conflict and how did you handled it?   Answer Question

EVS Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

right to the point loved it ask question about the job right away how do i do the job and how much experience i had doing it and asked me test question

Interview Questions

• show me how what would you do to this floor   1 Answer

Platform Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Health System (South Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted bi Harris HR as they liked my Resume, I was phone screened by the IT manager and we were both excited to do the face to face interview. The Interview was panel type, with HR, IT manger and team leads, the line of Interrogation started out easy enough, and most of the interviewers were cordial and about my skills and experience. Until we came to the lead server guy with an enormous EGO, that's when things went downhill. I found his line of questioning was ambushing, abusive, and extremely uncomfortable. If that was the guy to be my lead glad I did not get chosen. As a mater of fact my impression is that they all ready had a buddy in mind, so the interview I felt was a dog & pony show. Months later they were still looking for an admin. No diversity here. Dont expect it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here?
      2. If your previous co-workers were here, what would they say about you?
      3. Explain why we should hire you?
      1 Answer

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Health System.

Interview

Not difficult at all. It was a panel interview with four people. Each person asked different situational questions. I made sure to make eye contact with each person on the panel. I smiled and became mre personal.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Health System.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 supervisors that asked mostly hypothetical work scenario questions. It lasted about 45 minutes. Both would go back and forth asking the questions. It was not really hard, but i was very nervous.

Interview Questions

• if money was not an issue, what would i be doing right now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

IT Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Health System in July 2015.

Interview

The process is primarily geared to fill the applicant pool to complete only cursory requirements for compliance to regulated reporting. The final determination is not based on a comparison of your qualifications, experience, skills, or performance. It is a subjective decision of "comfortable familiarity" with the applicant. So obviously, Harris is populated with a team of former vendors. Any conversation with HR is only geared to keep you in the applicant pool for stat reporting.

As far as the process is concerned, the hiring manager and assigned HR resource have already worked through the strategy to hit all the check points for moving on the targeted vendor applicant. The panel you will be interviewing with is comprised of the hiring manager and subordinates to assure that the voting/decision adheres to the predetermined outcome. So I would advise that potential applicants refrain from entering the process, and consequently helping to implement a strategy that so obviously goes against best practices, and likely legal guidelines. From the outside, the execution of said, leads to doubts about the internal execution, reporting, and outcomes of this group towards any HQ stated strategy or goals.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of your experience handling departmental budgets.   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewer did not project interest in hiring. It appeared that he only interviewed me because I was referred to him by his boss. He was late and did not apologize for his tardiness then when we started to talk, he pretended to be listening but instead was reading a document that he was given by one of the staff members.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your future plans? Do you have goals? Do you believe in our values, mission statement?   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a callback to take the dosing test, which was really easy, then I got set up for the location that I wanted to work at. The interview is intimidating since two people were interviewing me and had a packet of questions. You are graded on how you answer the questions, which are mostly situational.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone wasn't pulling their weight at work?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Health System (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. First, there was a simple phone interview which goes over the resume. The face-face interview was with the manager, director of the unit, and the educator. It was very smooth and provided strong questions. After the interview, the manager provided a tour of the unit.