Harris Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

3.1

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews. First was typical screening on the phone. Second was with the hiring manager and third was to meet the rest of the team. I thought it was great to meet the team as it gave me an opportunity to see who will I be working with and understand the projects.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions and some data relevant questions.   Answer Question

Project Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Harris Interactive.

Interview

These people are truly ridiculous. As everyone else has mentioned, you talk with HR on the phone first, and they have no idea how to answer any actual job function questions. They first make you do a 'writing sample' in which you are supposed to interpret 25+ pages of nonsensical data with no context whatsoever. I have worked in research for quite awhile and this took me 7+ hours. I'm sure it could be completed faster but I thought it might get me an interview so I spent some more time on it... and then I never heard from them again.

If they're going to ask for 'writing samples' they should really do something more sensitive to candidates' time. And they should do them AFTER meeting them. I knew almost nothing about the job (aside from the job listing) and didn't even talk to anyone I would be working with so I really had no way of knowing whether completing the assignment would be a good use of time. Spoiler alert: it definitely wasn't!

Oh, and their salary ranges are pitiful.

Interview Questions

• Make sense of these 25+ pages of statistical output. Sorry, no context allowed.   1 Answer

Assistant Project Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Harris Interactive in August 2013.

Interview

Applied some time in the summer after being referred to the company. Was contacted soon after by HR. They emailed me and gave me 36 hours to complete a writing sample and 5 slide powerpoint that was impossible to comprehend or try to summarize about some kind of medical disorder. It look about 4 hours to complete.
    I handed in the sample before the deadline and followed up. I was informed that there was movement in the company and to try back in a few weeks. I've since gotten back in touch with Harris to have no response or acknowledgement for completion of the project.

Interview Questions

• multiple page case study about a medical disorder. Had to write a 2 page memo about fake information long with a powerpoint to summarize the fake information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Interactive (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I was given a phone interview by a HR representative and then required to do a writing sample. I had to analyze answers from a survey and create a memo and a short powerpoint based on that information within a 36 hr time frame. I then had to follow up interviews with 3 managers at Harris who asked general questions and questions about the writing sample.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Interactive in September 2010.

Interview

Three phone calls and then travel to New York and Rochester for in person meetings. Process was straight forward and professional. Everyone was fair and straight forward with what they wanted and how I may fit into their system.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out as out the ordinary. More concerned with my personality and how it would fit with company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

straight forward and fair

Senior Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Interactive (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

1:1 interview followed by a brief telephone interview.
    1:1 interview included a 30 minute assessment and short presentation. The assessment was a data set which was to be analysed and results fed back to interviewer. Rest of interview was focussed around competency questions.
    Phone interview was brief and to follow up on some of the questions and discussions at 1:1 stage.

Interview Questions

• what research methods do you currently use or have experience of using?   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Interactive (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

A bit disjointed, but followed the same process most of the industry conducts interviews. First interview was informal, second was with upper management and involved a presentation. They were in the middle of moving offices so it required a phone interview first and the HR person I dealt with was not at the company once they merged with Toulona

Interview Questions

• Stock standard, what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Interactive (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Couple of initial question about application: why this job etc
    Did a 30 minute assessment on the interview day consisting of some analysis and presentation checking.
    Main interview consisted of general competency questions and a short 5 minute presentation about myself.

Project Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harris Interactive in November 2011.

Interview

Interview process was very drawn out. First interview was with HR, which was pretty standard. Then the next step was a phone interview with 3 Managers which was a bit strange. The questions asked were pretty standard about past projects I've worked on and my experience. I didn't feel I did that well on the interview, but did get a call back for another interview with a Director. This was yet again another phone interview. This interview was very pleasant and was more of a conversation than an interview and went very well. HR confirmed that the Director really liked me and the next step would be the take home assignment. So I spent many hours writing up findings based on some tables they sent me and creating charts in PowerPoint. (Hint: they have reports on their websites so you can see what kind of conclusions they typically make from their studies).

After all of this I don't hear anything from them for at least 3 weeks. HR finally called me and told me they decided to hire from within. So that was a bit frustrating as I had put a lot of time and effort into the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Take me through a favorite project of yours and the conclusion and recommendations that were made to the client.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Interactive (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2011.

Interview

One time interview. Met with manager and HR. They asked me if I could communicate well in French and English, how I did under pressure. Had to submit a CV and cover letter. They let me know I got the job shortly after via phone.