Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Very laid back. Primarily told me about the company and what the job would be like. The total process was 2 hours, spoke to 3/4 people. I was hired about a week or so later.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Simple and straightforward, but very lengthy. Many team members were involved and there is a heavy emphasis on MS Office Skills and attention to detail. Interviewees may be given a sample document to review.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward, but - "How have your past work and education experiences contributed to your current abilities to perform the job as described?"   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Harris (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interview process was a face to face meeting with my now boss at an airport that I flew into. We discussed the people that we both knew, what the company was looking for when they were hiring me, and what their plans were once they decided if I would be a good fit.

Systems Integration and Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

I applied online and received an E-mail from a manager about 1 month later. We had a phone screen later that same day. A few days later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a Skype interview with a panel of engineers. I also completed an online official job application prior to the interview. In interview day, the recruiter contacted me to make sure I was still available and able to join the video conference. The recruiter kept me well informed throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with testing customer requirements?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see your engineering career in 5 years?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with a group of managers from Harris. They were easy to talk to and they asked me many questions about the projects I have worked on in the past, especially technical questions, such as how I would use software to solve a specific problem. The managers were also able to answer whatever questions I had about the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter was great, followed by in person interview with direct manager and Sr. Manager. Interview lasted approx 2 hrs. and l was put at ease by the interviewer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process was straightforward and much easier then I expected. I applied for the position and received a call two weeks later. The interview was straightforward with basic HR questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Was first contacted by engineering manager via email to schedule a phone screen. Then moved onto onsite interview at the HTC in Palm Bay. Onsite consisted of two panels with two software leads each, with lunch in between at the cafeteria. Closing interview was with engineering manager. Heavily focused on behavioral questions (using STAR approach). There were barely any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• FizzBuzz   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where someone wasn't pulling their weight, and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • How did you go about learning something that you used in your previous job?   Answer Question
    • If you were in a position to cut features in order to meet a deadline, how would you do it?   Answer Question
    • Add exception handling to this code snippet.   Answer Question
    • Given an array of integers where only one integer is unique, return the unique integer.   Answer Question
    • Explain the software development process used at your company.   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

7 Person interview; each person responsible for different vectors. Each person was incredibly nice and I didn't feel pressured and was able to relax. There were technical questions for the first 5 interviewers,

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL).

Interview

Was called in and given a brief tour of the facility. Once the tour was completed I was taken to the room in which I was to be interviewed in and met with 4 different individuals, 2 at a time. The process lasted for 2 to 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your present place of employment   1 Answer