Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Very laid back. Primarily told me about the company and what the job would be like. The total process was 2 hours, spoke to 3/4 people. I was hired about a week or so later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked about experience with various languages, project/coursework, describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict. Overall entirely behavioral, no technical questions, definitely need to know your resume well.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Put my resume in a database then they reached out to me.
    Had a brief phone screen then had an unperson interview in Pittsburgh.
    After in person interview they flew me out to FL. Hotel was nice and they provided a rental car. They gave me a personal tour of the facility and they provided lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What experience do you have?
      University course history?
      2 technical questions   Answer Question

Supply Chain/Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

Meet recruiters at Career Fair on campus. Interviewed on campus. A few weeks later received call and was invited down to Melbourne for a dinner with recent graduate employees followed by a day of presentations and interviews. Harris provided lodging and food. There was 3 one on one interviews. Interview questions were resume based and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/ Resume questions   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process took about a month. 30+ minute with recruiter, 1hr+ phone interview, and an all day interview at the plant site. I was treated to lunch, there was 1 interview with an addition to a panel interview of 3 engineers.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

First stage of Hiring Process, they would match me with a group that was looking for an engineer with what I was focused on. Was asked several questions related to resume, coursework and expected career goals.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Did brief phone screen and was quickly invited for an on-site interview. Interview conducted of the usual three rounds, pretty standard questions.

However, the interview itself was an awful experience. The three managers I interviewed with were clearly new to the company and didn't appear to be interested in interviewing anybody. There was evidence of a lot of turnover in the department and they didn't even try to mitigate that fact. They gave no indication of the direction that the company or department was going into. Basically it gave me the impression that this would be a miserable place to work. Didn't even give me tour of the place despite spending my entire day trying to get here. I couldn't think of a single reason why I would actually want this job, other than the location.

Building itself seems like its been lacking basic maintenance for decades. Walls and floors are stained, conference chairs and tables look to be decades old. They claim it's because its a leased building, but really its because they don't care to spend money on decent working conditions.

The real kicker is when I inquired about their "unlimited vacation" policy. For those who are unaware this is basically a scheme now where companies advertise that you get "unlimited" vacation (...with manager approval...) but you do not get to bank any of those days or carry them over to the next year. They pretty much told me that vacation time requires very high levels of approval, not just your immediate manager. So basically your requests are going to get caught in Outlook for months until they are finally rejected. I directly asked how much vacation time I could expect to use in a given year, and was told that "Well, it's up to your manager and the business schedule, but you should understand that we are busy people." As if there wasn't already enough red flags....

Ultimately it was a waste of a vacation day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harris?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Rochester, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial 30 minute technical phone screen with an engineering manager. Later invited to an onsite interview that was resume-based on getting to know more about me and my ability to work in groups. Received verbal offer from HR shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard OOP questions such as polymorphism and threading. Small behavioral stuff about how well I worked in groups and how to handle troubles encountered in group dynamics. Onsite interview was straightforward and was resume-based questions.   Answer Question

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Contacted After Applying Online. On Site Interview in Melbourne, FL. Staff were very friendly and courteous. Kept most of the conversation about what they do at Harris and their contracts/programs.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had meeting a strict deadline?   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe your experience in the GIS field working on projects.   Answer Question
    • Describe your role on a team working on a GIS project.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Herndon, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with the 3 Engineers and the Hiring Manager. Of the engineers two were technical, one was behavioral. The hiring manager was technical. They all asked me about items on my resume and overall java syntax and time complexity questions. One interviewer had me debug sample code by hand and there were two white-boarding code exercises

Interview Questions

Interview

Spoke with the hiring manager for a thirty minute phone screen. He asked a few behavioral questions, such as why this position/ company. Then a few basic java syntax questions and a few questions about object oriented programming.