Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Very laid back. Primarily told me about the company and what the job would be like. The total process was 2 hours, spoke to 3/4 people. I was hired about a week or so later.

Systems Integration and Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Met one-on-one with multiple engineers. There was not much interaction with HR which I liked. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. More of a conversational interview. Toured one of the labs

Interview Questions

• List 3 things you're really good at and 3 things you're really bad at. Tell about your experience with...   Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview then flew on-site to Florida and did 4 in-person interviews. This company truly provided a wonderful candidate experience and were eager to find top talent and treat them well.

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

During a resume critic section at my university, a Harris manager read my resume and asked me for a copy. She took my resume and then passed it on to another manager who called me 4 weeks later for a phone interview. He also invited me to a job fair which was a week away. I went to the job fair and I talked to him for a minute. then, I asked me to come to an info section he would have after the job fair. I did... surprisingly, he went on to interview me after the info section. A month later, I received an onsite interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• Because I was a Ph. D student, my interview was very analytical.
      I had a panel of 3 people.
      1- Behavior questions
      2- Technical questions
      3- Solving problems
      I had to derive multiple equations for a very complex vibration system. Solved a vibration problem and plotted the approximated time response.

Some of the problems were very hard, but I was able to solved them because I was a TA for that class during my graduate school years
      Please revised any technical materials pertinent to that position...Be PREPARED   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Brief informal interview, we had a conversation about what Harris does with cyber security and my own personal research. I was extremely tired during the interview and it was not a job I was actively pursuing. I got lucky given the academic program I was in and used this a chance to practice but I didn’t even receive a technical question.

Interview Questions

• What programming projects have you worked on and how did you solve them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

The interview was very brief and concise. My resume was reviewed and general questions asked to get a better overall view of what I've done so far. Some behavioral questions were also asked by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Apart from behavioral questions. I was asked general computing questions like: what is a node? What are the pros and cons of arrays versus linked lists.   Answer Question

Power Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at the Georgia Tech career fair. He quickly set me up with an interview the next morning. That one went well so they decided to give me an on site interview 2 weeks later. The on site interview was an all day thing, from 8 to 3. I had to give a presentation on one of my old projects and after that the panel asked me a whole bunch of technical questions. Wasn't too bad. Since this was a power engineering position, you can be sure they will ask about bucks, boosts, maybe LDOs.

Interview Questions

• Draw a Buck and Boost converter, tell me how it works.   Answer Question
    • Draw a non inverting and inverting amplifier.   Answer Question
    • Draw a block diagram control loop and derive its transfer function.   Answer Question
    • What is a transistor and how does it work? What is a bjt and what in a MOSFET?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

1st Segmented into 3 , 1sr 1 primary lead, 2nd Project Mgr and QA, 3rd HR. Seemed disinterested in interview, primary interviewers were not scheduled properly, so we're not available to interview

Interview Questions

• How many lines of code have you written   1 Answer

Structural Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the req in mid-August and received a phone call from HR within 2 weeks. 2-3 days later I interviewed with a panel of 4 people. It was a quick turn around too with the decision (2 days after interview).

Interview Questions

• How were you judge with your failure at your last company?   Answer Question

Integration and Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL).

Interview

The interview lasted about 5 hours. Spoke with 4 different groups of people: Human Resources, Security, interview team, Quality Assurance team. It was asked that I used the S.T.A.R. method for answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us a situation in which you were able to overcome/fix a complex technical issue...   Answer Question