Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Very laid back. Primarily told me about the company and what the job would be like. The total process was 2 hours, spoke to 3/4 people. I was hired about a week or so later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter was great, followed by in person interview with direct manager and Sr. Manager. Interview lasted approx 2 hrs. and l was put at ease by the interviewer.

Contracts Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Had phone interview with recruiting person, and then several comprehensive phone interviews with potential colleagues. They were all very pleasant to speak with. However, after the last phone interview, I never heard again from any one. I followed up with the recruiting person but never got a response.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult negotiation experience and how did you manage and resolve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the company directly. Spoke with their recruiter who scheduled an interview with the project lead. Spoke with him by phone for approximately 30-45 minutes. A couple weeks went by and they contacted me to schedule an in person interview. They arranged my flight, hotel, and transportation. I arrived for a day of interviews with 5 or 6 software engineers (separately), followed by a brief meeting with HR and then the project lead (whom I initially spoke with by phone). They also provided lunch at their cafeteria (pretty good). The following week they contacted me to make a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• The two most difficult questions I had were were with regards to Multi-threading and memory management/garbage collection. Both are areas I have not had many opportunities to explore.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and relocation were negotiated. Know what salary range you are expecting, and benefits. Be honest about your needs and willing to talk with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Started off with a simple phone interview to get a sense of my technical background. We really just explored the various parts of my resume in detail so that they could get a better sense of my background.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not a position offer, but got to move on to the next stage of the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Harris in January 2009.

Interview

Received a response to a request for an interview while completing the last few terms of my computer science degree. The inteview went well. Several questions that covered software techniques and scenarios were asked. I received a response within a few weeks of the inteview and was extended an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL).

Interview

Pretty simple process. After I applied I received a call to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about twenty minutes or so and was pretty basic. About a week after that I got another call to do an in person interview which was a whole day affair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my school and my resume was forwarded to the different departments in the company. I received an email about doing a phone screening a couple months later which led to a follow up interview at the headquarters in Melbourne FL. The interview lasted from about 8:00 to 3:30 with 5 different staff members. The questions were straight forward and about what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Very unusual question by the last interviewer.

How many musical notes are played on a radio station in 24 hours?   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, followed by a 1:1 interview with a collection of different people within the engineering department. An excellent company with excellent beenefits, the offer was declined because of my wife's employment status, but, suffice to say, it would have been a good move. This seems like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

I went to the university's career fair and spoke to some people from Harris. They seemed like good people but I don't remember specifically applying with them. I don't remember getting a phone interview so they must have called me directly to Melbourne. They were very polite and the schedule was very flexible. On the before day of the interview, they put me in a nice suite. The actual interview was done by several people (4+) sequentially in 45 minute blocks (like Google). The questions they asked were mostly personality-based questions and previous experience questions (unlike Google). I have the feeling they care a lot more about the type of person they are going to work with rather than how technical they are. In any case, it was a long day but the offer was extended within the week, which means they worked fast.

Interview Questions

• Describe ____ on your resume. How did that affect your team? What did you learn from the experience?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Northridge, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview questions are very simple, just some basic OOP and C++ concepts. Also asked for socket programming, GUI experience. Not hard, but they don't like to reply for the follow-up after interview.

Interview Questions

• pro and cons between Linked List and Array   2 Answers