Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Very laid back. Primarily told me about the company and what the job would be like. The total process was 2 hours, spoke to 3/4 people. I was hired about a week or so later.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Brief informal interview, we had a conversation about what Harris does with cyber security and my own personal research. I was extremely tired during the interview and it was not a job I was actively pursuing. I got lucky given the academic program I was in and used this a chance to practice but I didn’t even receive a technical question.

Interview Questions

• What programming projects have you worked on and how did you solve them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

The interview was very brief and concise. My resume was reviewed and general questions asked to get a better overall view of what I've done so far. Some behavioral questions were also asked by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Apart from behavioral questions. I was asked general computing questions like: what is a node? What are the pros and cons of arrays versus linked lists.   Answer Question

Power Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at the Georgia Tech career fair. He quickly set me up with an interview the next morning. That one went well so they decided to give me an on site interview 2 weeks later. The on site interview was an all day thing, from 8 to 3. I had to give a presentation on one of my old projects and after that the panel asked me a whole bunch of technical questions. Wasn't too bad. Since this was a power engineering position, you can be sure they will ask about bucks, boosts, maybe LDOs.

Interview Questions

• Draw a Buck and Boost converter, tell me how it works.   Answer Question
    • Draw a non inverting and inverting amplifier.   Answer Question
    • Draw a block diagram control loop and derive its transfer function.   Answer Question
    • What is a transistor and how does it work? What is a bjt and what in a MOSFET?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

1st Segmented into 3 , 1sr 1 primary lead, 2nd Project Mgr and QA, 3rd HR. Seemed disinterested in interview, primary interviewers were not scheduled properly, so we're not available to interview

Interview Questions

• How many lines of code have you written   1 Answer

Structural Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the req in mid-August and received a phone call from HR within 2 weeks. 2-3 days later I interviewed with a panel of 4 people. It was a quick turn around too with the decision (2 days after interview).

Interview Questions

• How were you judge with your failure at your last company?   Answer Question

Integration and Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL).

Interview

The interview lasted about 5 hours. Spoke with 4 different groups of people: Human Resources, Security, interview team, Quality Assurance team. It was asked that I used the S.T.A.R. method for answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us a situation in which you were able to overcome/fix a complex technical issue...   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Amityville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (North Amityville, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted about 2 weeks after I applied online for an in-person, 3-hour interview with 4 high-level engineers (i.e. Functional Engineer, Chief Engineer, Managers) that I would be reporting to. Each individual interview was supposed to be back-to-back and 30 mins long, however, two had semi-conflicting meetings that cut their interview short and the other two made up for the time by having longer interviews.

The interviewers mostly spoke about what the job would entail and what they're looking for in a candidate. The questions were standard "tell me about this experience on your resume", "tell me about the most difficult course you took", "how would you contribute to Harris" and one technical question.

Other than the fact that the interview was 3-hours long with no breaks (which made it kind of exhausting) I had a great time learning about what these engineers had done and what I would be expected to contribute if i got the job.

I received an offer about 3 and a half weeks after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Consider a beam that is support on one end by a journal bearing and the other end by a rigid support. If a force P acted on the beam 1/3 the distance of its length from the journal bearing, what would be the reaction forces?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Simple and straightforward, but very lengthy. Many team members were involved and there is a heavy emphasis on MS Office Skills and attention to detail. Interviewees may be given a sample document to review.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward, but - "How have your past work and education experiences contributed to your current abilities to perform the job as described?"   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Harris (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interview process was a face to face meeting with my now boss at an airport that I flew into. We discussed the people that we both knew, what the company was looking for when they were hiring me, and what their plans were once they decided if I would be a good fit.