Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Very laid back. Primarily told me about the company and what the job would be like. The total process was 2 hours, spoke to 3/4 people. I was hired about a week or so later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter was great, followed by in person interview with direct manager and Sr. Manager. Interview lasted approx 2 hrs. and l was put at ease by the interviewer.

Contracts Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Had phone interview with recruiting person, and then several comprehensive phone interviews with potential colleagues. They were all very pleasant to speak with. However, after the last phone interview, I never heard again from any one. I followed up with the recruiting person but never got a response.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult negotiation experience and how did you manage and resolve?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview were more like desperate attempts to get you to come there. No technical questions. A lot of casual talk but really nothing challenging. Nice for a first interview because it is so easy. Also, it is a free trip to the beach.

Interview Questions

• Questions were like "Are you a leader or follower?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", and "Do you work well in teams?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee so I had a short phone screen after which they invited me for an onsite interview in Melbourne, FL. As is standard they covered all expenses for the trip (reimbursement came in a reasonable amount of time too).

The interview process was not at all technical, it instead dealt almost exclusively with background and experiences. They seem much more concerned about having someone that will be able to fit in and work there than raw technical ability.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which someone in a group wasn't pulling their weight and how did you handle that situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and about a month later was contacted for a phone interview, this was very simple, no technical just questions about favorite classes and some behavioral stuff. Was flown out to Melbourne in Florida for the in person interview, which lasted from 8 to 1:30, including lunch. Pretty easy for me, but a lot of questions about past group stuff, and though I was told there would be no technical questions, be prepared for some simple stuff, especially if you claim to know Unix at all. You will fist be given a schedule of whom you will meet with, the first generally being someone to tell you about how the secret clearance thing works. Then you will meet with 6 people from the team that you are interviewing with, again the technical questions were not standard, it appears that some of the engineers will take the initiative to ask you for their own benefit so your don't count on the questions I gave you to be standard or anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you failed.   1 Answer
    • What is grep?   1 Answer
    • How to free a pointer from memory in C++?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris in October 2015.

Interview

phone interview, conference call, technical questions as well as inter-personal questions. talked briefly about the company and its operations. went in depth about the work and duties. Talked about stack technologies and work flow (Agile, scrum etc). Discussed strengths and weaknesses about technologies and plans for innovation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris in April 2016.

Interview

The company kept in touch with me via email and phone before flying me to their campus for an on site interview. The representatives of the company were very friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my level of experience and specific challenges I have encountered.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Herndon, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with different people on the team about the company also talked about previous employment and past projects. Also talked about the kind of work I will do if hired.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the company directly. Spoke with their recruiter who scheduled an interview with the project lead. Spoke with him by phone for approximately 30-45 minutes. A couple weeks went by and they contacted me to schedule an in person interview. They arranged my flight, hotel, and transportation. I arrived for a day of interviews with 5 or 6 software engineers (separately), followed by a brief meeting with HR and then the project lead (whom I initially spoke with by phone). They also provided lunch at their cafeteria (pretty good). The following week they contacted me to make a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• The two most difficult questions I had were were with regards to Multi-threading and memory management/garbage collection. Both are areas I have not had many opportunities to explore.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and relocation were negotiated. Know what salary range you are expecting, and benefits. Be honest about your needs and willing to talk with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Started off with a simple phone interview to get a sense of my technical background. We really just explored the various parts of my resume in detail so that they could get a better sense of my background.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not a position offer, but got to move on to the next stage of the interview.