Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Very laid back. Primarily told me about the company and what the job would be like. The total process was 2 hours, spoke to 3/4 people. I was hired about a week or so later.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

First stage of Hiring Process, they would match me with a group that was looking for an engineer with what I was focused on. Was asked several questions related to resume, coursework and expected career goals.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Did brief phone screen and was quickly invited for an on-site interview. Interview conducted of the usual three rounds, pretty standard questions.

However, the interview itself was an awful experience. The three managers I interviewed with were clearly new to the company and didn't appear to be interested in interviewing anybody. There was evidence of a lot of turnover in the department and they didn't even try to mitigate that fact. They gave no indication of the direction that the company or department was going into. Basically it gave me the impression that this would be a miserable place to work. Didn't even give me tour of the place despite spending my entire day trying to get here. I couldn't think of a single reason why I would actually want this job, other than the location.

Building itself seems like its been lacking basic maintenance for decades. Walls and floors are stained, conference chairs and tables look to be decades old. They claim it's because its a leased building, but really its because they don't care to spend money on decent working conditions.

The real kicker is when I inquired about their "unlimited vacation" policy. For those who are unaware this is basically a scheme now where companies advertise that you get "unlimited" vacation (...with manager approval...) but you do not get to bank any of those days or carry them over to the next year. They pretty much told me that vacation time requires very high levels of approval, not just your immediate manager. So basically your requests are going to get caught in Outlook for months until they are finally rejected. I directly asked how much vacation time I could expect to use in a given year, and was told that "Well, it's up to your manager and the business schedule, but you should understand that we are busy people." As if there wasn't already enough red flags....

Ultimately it was a waste of a vacation day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harris?   1 Answer

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Contacted After Applying Online. On Site Interview in Melbourne, FL. Staff were very friendly and courteous. Kept most of the conversation about what they do at Harris and their contracts/programs.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had meeting a strict deadline?   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe your experience in the GIS field working on projects.   Answer Question
    • Describe your role on a team working on a GIS project.   Answer Question

Interview

Spoke with the hiring manager for a thirty minute phone screen. He asked a few behavioral questions, such as why this position/ company. Then a few basic java syntax questions and a few questions about object oriented programming.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Interview was fair and standard, but the lack of follow up was shocking. Note to Harris: when you spend company dollars to fly in a candidate - who takes three days from their life to see you - you RESPOND, The lack of consideration towards your candidates is shockingly bad and leaves them with the perception that you have a poorly run and classless organization. Happy I stayed where I am.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harris (Clifton, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

1. Talk to the Harris Corporation Recruiter in Clinton, NJ(Be careful the recruiter lied and said I will get reimbursed for travel expenses to and from the interview.)
    2. Phone Screeing
    3. Onsite interview

Interview Questions

• General past work experience questions.
      OOP programming questions.
      Behavior/Work situation questions.   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I went through a phone screen with a recruiter. That went well. A few days later he called again to schedule an onsite interview with 2 panels in Salt Lake City.

The onsite interview was very well done. Panel 1 was the site director and HR manager. Panel 2 was 2 of the 3 managers that this position would interact with the most.

They asked tough questions to get a thorough view of my skills and strengths. I feel that the interview went well and that I had good answers and real-world examples for their questions. I felt that I clicked well with all 4 interviewers. After the second panel, one of the interviewers asked if I had more time so he could show me one of the testing areas they have onsite. We had another really good discussion post interview.

About a week later the recruiter called me again and thanked me for my interest in the position and wondered if I would be available for a phone screen for the position. I was confused, because I had an onsite interview. I asked him if this was a follow-up interview or was perhaps for a different position at the company. He said he would contact the team in Salt Lake to clarify and call me back. 3 days went by without word from the recruiter, so I called him and left a voicemail. For the next week and a half I tried contacting the recruiter every 2 or 3 days by phone and email, but could never get a hold of him. I didn't have contact information for any of the interviewers, so I don't know what happened with the position or my status.

Systems Integration and Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Met one-on-one with multiple engineers. There was not much interaction with HR which I liked. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. More of a conversational interview. Toured one of the labs

Interview Questions

• List 3 things you're really good at and 3 things you're really bad at. Tell about your experience with...   Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview then flew on-site to Florida and did 4 in-person interviews. This company truly provided a wonderful candidate experience and were eager to find top talent and treat them well.

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

During a resume critic section at my university, a Harris manager read my resume and asked me for a copy. She took my resume and then passed it on to another manager who called me 4 weeks later for a phone interview. He also invited me to a job fair which was a week away. I went to the job fair and I talked to him for a minute. then, I asked me to come to an info section he would have after the job fair. I did... surprisingly, he went on to interview me after the info section. A month later, I received an onsite interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• Because I was a Ph. D student, my interview was very analytical.
      I had a panel of 3 people.
      1- Behavior questions
      2- Technical questions
      3- Solving problems
      I had to derive multiple equations for a very complex vibration system. Solved a vibration problem and plotted the approximated time response.

Some of the problems were very hard, but I was able to solved them because I was a TA for that class during my graduate school years
      Please revised any technical materials pertinent to that position...Be PREPARED   Answer Question