Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I went through a phone screen with a recruiter. That went well. A few days later he called again to schedule an onsite interview with 2 panels in Salt Lake City.

The onsite interview was very well done. Panel 1 was the site director and HR manager. Panel 2 was 2 of the 3 managers that this position would interact with the most.

They asked tough questions to get a thorough view of my skills and strengths. I feel that the interview went well and that I had good answers and real-world examples for their questions. I felt that I clicked well with all 4 interviewers. After the second panel, one of the interviewers asked if I had more time so he could show me one of the testing areas they have onsite. We had another really good discussion post interview.

About a week later the recruiter called me again and thanked me for my interest in the position and wondered if I would be available for a phone screen for the position. I was confused, because I had an onsite interview. I asked him if this was a follow-up interview or was perhaps for a different position at the company. He said he would contact the team in Salt Lake to clarify and call me back. 3 days went by without word from the recruiter, so I called him and left a voicemail. For the next week and a half I tried contacting the recruiter every 2 or 3 days by phone and email, but could never get a hold of him. I didn't have contact information for any of the interviewers, so I don't know what happened with the position or my status.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Brief informal interview, we had a conversation about what Harris does with cyber security and my own personal research. I was extremely tired during the interview and it was not a job I was actively pursuing. I got lucky given the academic program I was in and used this a chance to practice but I didn’t even receive a technical question.

Interview Questions

• What programming projects have you worked on and how did you solve them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

The interview was very brief and concise. My resume was reviewed and general questions asked to get a better overall view of what I've done so far. Some behavioral questions were also asked by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Apart from behavioral questions. I was asked general computing questions like: what is a node? What are the pros and cons of arrays versus linked lists.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

1st Segmented into 3 , 1sr 1 primary lead, 2nd Project Mgr and QA, 3rd HR. Seemed disinterested in interview, primary interviewers were not scheduled properly, so we're not available to interview

Interview Questions

• How many lines of code have you written   1 Answer

Structural Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the req in mid-August and received a phone call from HR within 2 weeks. 2-3 days later I interviewed with a panel of 4 people. It was a quick turn around too with the decision (2 days after interview).

Interview Questions

• How were you judge with your failure at your last company?   Answer Question

Integration and Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL).

Interview

The interview lasted about 5 hours. Spoke with 4 different groups of people: Human Resources, Security, interview team, Quality Assurance team. It was asked that I used the S.T.A.R. method for answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us a situation in which you were able to overcome/fix a complex technical issue...   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

7 Person interview; each person responsible for different vectors. Each person was incredibly nice and I didn't feel pressured and was able to relax. There were technical questions for the first 5 interviewers,

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL).

Interview

Was called in and given a brief tour of the facility. Once the tour was completed I was taken to the room in which I was to be interviewed in and met with 4 different individuals, 2 at a time. The process lasted for 2 to 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your present place of employment   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

I applied directly to the company website and it took a while to hear back from someone with regards to the application. When I did hear back from someone, it wasn't about a pending application, but I was happy to find I could network with him through mutual friends. We hit it off and he was pretty excited about bringing me in for an interview. He raved about how impressed he was with my resume. We ended up having a phone conversation and everything had gone very well for me, up to that point. Unfortunately, the experience took a turn.

After this conversation the process definitely slowed down. It turned out that this individual had found my resume on the company's network, and never even had a requisition in place to interview me, much less invite me to campus. We exchanged emails a few times before the requisition was available for me to apply to on their website. This hiring manager acknowledged that the hiring role which he had had been stripped from him and new person was reviewing applicants - a newly hired CFO.

When I applied for this requisition, once it was available, the hiring manager also suggested I apply to any other positions available. I thought this was a thoughtful suggestion on his part. As it appears to have turned out, he seemed to have made the suggestion in order to keep me from focusing on his open position. I was later contacted by HR for the other position I had applied for, very similar to the other position but a different office.

I was brought in for an interview, and as I was a candidate from out of town, they offered me a hotel room to stay in. This offer, as it turns out, was probably the best experience I had with Harris. On the way to my interview, I bought a coffee from a local chain and got to the office with plenty of time to spare. I was scheduled to interview with five people including a new CFO at the Lynchburg office. As with normal interview experiences, I would expect to be offered some coffee or water or both, especially considering I would be with them the entirety of the morning - over four hours. However, I was not offered anything by the interviewers.

I was scheduled to meet with the CFO in the middle of the morning, but I guess the schedule was a little mixed up or the CFO had not recognized day light savings, because he thought the other interviewer had run over. To begin the interview he commented that he was confused by my resume (if you remember the previous hiring manager loved my resume). When all was said and done, I was able to get through the interview, having met with one less person than intended because the CFO took over the interview - which can be expected. I have a feeling the same occurred with the original position I applied for when contacted by the original hiring manager.

Overall, my experience was sour. I wanted to work for the company, but now that I look back, I feel like I was not even in the running for a position and rather brought in after a decision had been made on who to hire.

Interview Questions

• From the CFO- in your own terms describe the following words: Leadership, strengths, developmental needs, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

I found out about this company at an information session at Ohio State. I got interested and sent my resume to the recruiter. Then two weeks later I got a phone interview. This was a 30 minute telephone interview and they asked me about one of the projects that I worked on. They also asked me one technical question about inheritance in Java.