Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

2.9

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL).

Interview

Was called in and given a brief tour of the facility. Once the tour was completed I was taken to the room in which I was to be interviewed in and met with 4 different individuals, 2 at a time. The process lasted for 2 to 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your present place of employment   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

I applied directly to the company website and it took a while to hear back from someone with regards to the application. When I did hear back from someone, it wasn't about a pending application, but I was happy to find I could network with him through mutual friends. We hit it off and he was pretty excited about bringing me in for an interview. He raved about how impressed he was with my resume. We ended up having a phone conversation and everything had gone very well for me, up to that point. Unfortunately, the experience took a turn.

After this conversation the process definitely slowed down. It turned out that this individual had found my resume on the company's network, and never even had a requisition in place to interview me, much less invite me to campus. We exchanged emails a few times before the requisition was available for me to apply to on their website. This hiring manager acknowledged that the hiring role which he had had been stripped from him and new person was reviewing applicants - a newly hired CFO.

When I applied for this requisition, once it was available, the hiring manager also suggested I apply to any other positions available. I thought this was a thoughtful suggestion on his part. As it appears to have turned out, he seemed to have made the suggestion in order to keep me from focusing on his open position. I was later contacted by HR for the other position I had applied for, very similar to the other position but a different office.

I was brought in for an interview, and as I was a candidate from out of town, they offered me a hotel room to stay in. This offer, as it turns out, was probably the best experience I had with Harris. On the way to my interview, I bought a coffee from a local chain and got to the office with plenty of time to spare. I was scheduled to interview with five people including a new CFO at the Lynchburg office. As with normal interview experiences, I would expect to be offered some coffee or water or both, especially considering I would be with them the entirety of the morning - over four hours. However, I was not offered anything by the interviewers.

I was scheduled to meet with the CFO in the middle of the morning, but I guess the schedule was a little mixed up or the CFO had not recognized day light savings, because he thought the other interviewer had run over. To begin the interview he commented that he was confused by my resume (if you remember the previous hiring manager loved my resume). When all was said and done, I was able to get through the interview, having met with one less person than intended because the CFO took over the interview - which can be expected. I have a feeling the same occurred with the original position I applied for when contacted by the original hiring manager.

Overall, my experience was sour. I wanted to work for the company, but now that I look back, I feel like I was not even in the running for a position and rather brought in after a decision had been made on who to hire.

Interview Questions

• From the CFO- in your own terms describe the following words: Leadership, strengths, developmental needs, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

I found out about this company at an information session at Ohio State. I got interested and sent my resume to the recruiter. Then two weeks later I got a phone interview. This was a 30 minute telephone interview and they asked me about one of the projects that I worked on. They also asked me one technical question about inheritance in Java.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

They did a phone interview, in-person with the team and a final interview with upper management and the hiring manager who resides out of state. They were good about letting you know where they were at in the process, how many other applicants were in the running and how soon they were looking to fill the role.

Interview Questions

• What is something you like about your current job?   Answer Question
    • If you could work with a company that is well established in the way it operates verses a company that is still developing, which would you choose?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Non Technical questions, mostly character questions. The interview was less about your skills, and more about how you would fit in with the culture. This is most likely different for a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

On campus recruitment and next day interview. The on campus interview took 30 minutes and involved 8 technical OO programming questions. Recruiter was very nice and mentioned I woudl hear back within the next few weeks to a month.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was good, they did have quite a lot of people who were knowledgeable and interesting. I talked to security and HR as well as the departments. I unfortunately got the feeling that they did not have any engineers over the age of 35.... The people that interviewed me were all younger than I was and when It came to talking to HR, the guy gave me a 20 minute speech on why and how they came up with people's salary.
    In my experience, they only do this when they are planning on underpaying extensively, and based upon what people said and pervious employees, yes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about frequency analysis, design and generation and development of parts for projects.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris (Columbia, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I was glad to have been requested and to be able to engage in an interview via phone call. During the course of the interview, I was asked questions relating to the position advertised. In addition, I fielded questions clarifying content from my resume. Details of the position being filled were shared and discussed.

Procurement New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round consisted of two interviewers. Most of the questions were your standard behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was a recent graduate of my school who had been with the company for about two years. The other interviewer was the Senior Manager for Supply Chain at Harris. Both were very polite and inviting.

Interview Questions

• Some people are natural negotiators and others have to be taught. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you describe yourself as a negotiator?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris (Mayaguez, PR) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied in a college career fair. The interviewer was very interested. I got a call on the same day and was interviewed the next day. I talked about my resume, work experiences, the interview was completely behavioral, didn't received a call even though they said I was to be recommended for the position.