Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

On campus recruitment and next day interview. The on campus interview took 30 minutes and involved 8 technical OO programming questions. Recruiter was very nice and mentioned I woudl hear back within the next few weeks to a month.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Non Technical questions, mostly character questions. The interview was less about your skills, and more about how you would fit in with the culture. This is most likely different for a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process took a total of approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. This consists of 30 minutes for each of the HR Manager and two software engineers. They were very welcoming and tell you a history of their company before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about Linux, and a basic coding problem that involves a arithmetic and a single for loop. Other than that, you'd get asked about projects on your resume and how you have worked with a team in the past.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

The human resource recruiter from Harris called and we had a phone interview which basically ran through my resume and my past job history. Then I got another phone call to set up a in person interview which was a group/panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail top risks and key technical/business issues on your projects/audits.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris (Columbia, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I was glad to have been requested and to be able to engage in an interview via phone call. During the course of the interview, I was asked questions relating to the position advertised. In addition, I fielded questions clarifying content from my resume. Details of the position being filled were shared and discussed.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I first heard of Harris when I was at my college's career fair. I spoke to one of the developers the next day, heard back from about three weeks later that they wanted a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly centered on what I've done as a computer science student, there was behavioral questions too. I heard back from them a month later that they wanted to bring me down to their Palm Bay location for an in person interview. The interview lasted about 8 hours, I spoke to 7 different engineers, some technical questions, lots of behavioral questions. I liked how they wanted to know about my experiences, they understood I was just graduating and they I will be learning on the job. I accepted their job offer a little less than a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Met a manager at a conference and he asked if I would like to interview, of course I said yes. It was an excellent interview at the conference, and then I was asked to come to their headquarters in Melbourne, FL, which I did. I liked that the company did a specific hiring event that they geared towards women engineers.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about polymorphism and how it relates of OOP?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Had 1-on-1 technical interviews w/ several (5) team members. Each member had a series of questions and scenarios to review and answer. Then talked with Harris Corp FSO (via phone bridge) and went over process of background check and clearance needed. Finally talked with Technical Manager on other aspects of the role, along with relocation and benefits. After feedback gotten from recruiter, was sent Harris application w/ salary history to fill out. Talk about an absolute nightmare. After FOUR (4) renegotiation letters later, still have not been given a realistic offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe RAID and the aspects of each type.
      What is awk and sed used for?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Showed interest to recruiter at job fair. Got an email about a month later, set up a typical phone interview. Phone interview lasted around an hour. Was asked what I was looking for, what experience I had through work and school. This transitioned into the guy explaining to me what he was working on, what other projects the company has going, and how the company operates. Last part involved technical questions focused around classes I had recently took and a few problems. Liked how the guy handled these, it was apparent he was more interested in how I approached the problem.

I was then flown down to the Palm Bay campus for an interview, all expenses paid. HR interaction and logistics were smooth. First few hours were procedural stuff/tours. This was followed by three 45 minute interviews and a follow up with department manager. Most of these interview questions were of a nontechnical nature, they mainly seemed focus on gauging interpersonal skills, ability to learn, and ones work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Explain synchronization and some methods of achieving it.   Answer Question

Procurement New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round consisted of two interviewers. Most of the questions were your standard behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was a recent graduate of my school who had been with the company for about two years. The other interviewer was the Senior Manager for Supply Chain at Harris. Both were very polite and inviting.

Interview Questions

• Some people are natural negotiators and others have to be taught. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you describe yourself as a negotiator?   Answer Question