Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.7

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

I found out about this company at an information session at Ohio State. I got interested and sent my resume to the recruiter. Then two weeks later I got a phone interview. This was a 30 minute telephone interview and they asked me about one of the projects that I worked on. They also asked me one technical question about inheritance in Java.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

They did a phone interview, in-person with the team and a final interview with upper management and the hiring manager who resides out of state. They were good about letting you know where they were at in the process, how many other applicants were in the running and how soon they were looking to fill the role.

Interview Questions

• What is something you like about your current job?   Answer Question
    • If you could work with a company that is well established in the way it operates verses a company that is still developing, which would you choose?   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I have twice interviewed with Harris with two different processes with the same outcome. The first interview consisted of a phone interview followed by a panel interview with five supervisors and then a meeting with security personnel to discuss security clearance preparations. After this, I heard nothing.

My second interview experience was a one-on-one interview with a supervisor and then I was taken on a tour of the facility. After being told that I was more than qualified for the position and would be contacted, I heard nothing.

Both times I reached out to their HR department and directly to the interviewing manager and both times I didn't hear anything back.

I've personally interviewed over a 1,000 people and have hired a few hundred. Please, if you are inviting a person in for a face-to-face interview, have the professionalism to at least send an e-mail saying that the person has not been selected.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

They had me come in for an all-day interview at their Palm Bay facility. I met with four engineers, a manager, an HR person and a security guy. There were a mixture of technical questions and behavioral questions. None of them were particularly hard. They took me to lunch in their very nice on-site cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of the volatile keyword in C-language?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Clifton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The telephone screening was originally for a different position. They didn't bring me forward for that position, but recommended me for another. I had an in-person interview late on a Friday afternoon. I could see who else had signed in, so I looked them up. Gave me a clear idea of the strengths I should emphasize.
    The interview was in a conference room with three guys in-person and one on the phone (HQ). I immediately sensed that this was a tough audience. I'm also pretty sure that being female was a disadvantage. I made my case and was able to connect with two of the three in the room. Unfortunately, it was my possible future manager who displayed the body language of dislike. In the end, his objections to my candidacy were things they knew from my resume. I had counters to these objections, but it didn't work. I found out later who they hired, and this guy didn't meet requirements like having a masters degree. But he was from within the defense industry and I was not.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

Non Technical questions, mostly character questions. The interview was less about your skills, and more about how you would fit in with the culture. This is most likely different for a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

On campus recruitment and next day interview. The on campus interview took 30 minutes and involved 8 technical OO programming questions. Recruiter was very nice and mentioned I woudl hear back within the next few weeks to a month.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process took a total of approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. This consists of 30 minutes for each of the HR Manager and two software engineers. They were very welcoming and tell you a history of their company before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about Linux, and a basic coding problem that involves a arithmetic and a single for loop. Other than that, you'd get asked about projects on your resume and how you have worked with a team in the past.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was good, they did have quite a lot of people who were knowledgeable and interesting. I talked to security and HR as well as the departments. I unfortunately got the feeling that they did not have any engineers over the age of 35.... The people that interviewed me were all younger than I was and when It came to talking to HR, the guy gave me a 20 minute speech on why and how they came up with people's salary.
    In my experience, they only do this when they are planning on underpaying extensively, and based upon what people said and pervious employees, yes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about frequency analysis, design and generation and development of parts for projects.   Answer Question

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Operations Manager and two Group Leaders. The interview lasted about one hour and did not require any preparation. I attended a job fair and was selected from among thousands of employees.

Interview Questions

• What MRP system had I used in the past?   1 Answer

See What Harris Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “Been at Harris for almost a year coming from another larger defense contractor. Overall, the company has exceeded my expectations. Really enjoy going to work each day. Very hard working...”“Been at Harris for almost a year coming from another larger defense contractor. Overall, the company has exceeded my expectations. Really enjoy going to work each day. Very hard working culture yet still have the flexibility to work remotely and spend time with family. The smaller size has allowed me to meet nearly all members of the major executive staff (something that seemed taboo at my last company). Harris has reshaped in recent years and seems ready for growth and opportunity for employees. Management is very engaged and focused on the Harris' mission. Leadership is talented and moving the company in a positive direction.” – Full Review