Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Was first contacted by engineering manager via email to schedule a phone screen. Then moved onto onsite interview at the HTC in Palm Bay. Onsite consisted of two panels with two software leads each, with lunch in between at the cafeteria. Closing interview was with engineering manager. Heavily focused on behavioral questions (using STAR approach). There were barely any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• FizzBuzz   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where someone wasn't pulling their weight, and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • How did you go about learning something that you used in your previous job?   Answer Question
    • If you were in a position to cut features in order to meet a deadline, how would you do it?   Answer Question
    • Add exception handling to this code snippet.   Answer Question
    • Given an array of integers where only one integer is unique, return the unique integer.   Answer Question
    • Explain the software development process used at your company.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process was straightforward and much easier then I expected. I applied for the position and received a call two weeks later. The interview was straightforward with basic HR questions.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

7 Person interview; each person responsible for different vectors. Each person was incredibly nice and I didn't feel pressured and was able to relax. There were technical questions for the first 5 interviewers,

Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malabar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harris (Malabar, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

1. HR phone screen with HR recruiter
    2. Phone interview with Harris HR
    3. In-person interview (panel, example presentation of a situation, 1-on-1 with HM)
    4. Offer extended 2 days after interview
    5. Negotiations
    6. Accept formal offer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL).

Interview

Was called in and given a brief tour of the facility. Once the tour was completed I was taken to the room in which I was to be interviewed in and met with 4 different individuals, 2 at a time. The process lasted for 2 to 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your present place of employment   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

I applied directly to the company website and it took a while to hear back from someone with regards to the application. When I did hear back from someone, it wasn't about a pending application, but I was happy to find I could network with him through mutual friends. We hit it off and he was pretty excited about bringing me in for an interview. He raved about how impressed he was with my resume. We ended up having a phone conversation and everything had gone very well for me, up to that point. Unfortunately, the experience took a turn.

After this conversation the process definitely slowed down. It turned out that this individual had found my resume on the company's network, and never even had a requisition in place to interview me, much less invite me to campus. We exchanged emails a few times before the requisition was available for me to apply to on their website. This hiring manager acknowledged that the hiring role which he had had been stripped from him and new person was reviewing applicants - a newly hired CFO.

When I applied for this requisition, once it was available, the hiring manager also suggested I apply to any other positions available. I thought this was a thoughtful suggestion on his part. As it appears to have turned out, he seemed to have made the suggestion in order to keep me from focusing on his open position. I was later contacted by HR for the other position I had applied for, very similar to the other position but a different office.

I was brought in for an interview, and as I was a candidate from out of town, they offered me a hotel room to stay in. This offer, as it turns out, was probably the best experience I had with Harris. On the way to my interview, I bought a coffee from a local chain and got to the office with plenty of time to spare. I was scheduled to interview with five people including a new CFO at the Lynchburg office. As with normal interview experiences, I would expect to be offered some coffee or water or both, especially considering I would be with them the entirety of the morning - over four hours. However, I was not offered anything by the interviewers.

I was scheduled to meet with the CFO in the middle of the morning, but I guess the schedule was a little mixed up or the CFO had not recognized day light savings, because he thought the other interviewer had run over. To begin the interview he commented that he was confused by my resume (if you remember the previous hiring manager loved my resume). When all was said and done, I was able to get through the interview, having met with one less person than intended because the CFO took over the interview - which can be expected. I have a feeling the same occurred with the original position I applied for when contacted by the original hiring manager.

Overall, my experience was sour. I wanted to work for the company, but now that I look back, I feel like I was not even in the running for a position and rather brought in after a decision had been made on who to hire.

Interview Questions

• From the CFO- in your own terms describe the following words: Leadership, strengths, developmental needs, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

I found out about this company at an information session at Ohio State. I got interested and sent my resume to the recruiter. Then two weeks later I got a phone interview. This was a 30 minute telephone interview and they asked me about one of the projects that I worked on. They also asked me one technical question about inheritance in Java.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

They did a phone interview, in-person with the team and a final interview with upper management and the hiring manager who resides out of state. They were good about letting you know where they were at in the process, how many other applicants were in the running and how soon they were looking to fill the role.

Interview Questions

• What is something you like about your current job?   Answer Question
    • If you could work with a company that is well established in the way it operates verses a company that is still developing, which would you choose?   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I have twice interviewed with Harris with two different processes with the same outcome. The first interview consisted of a phone interview followed by a panel interview with five supervisors and then a meeting with security personnel to discuss security clearance preparations. After this, I heard nothing.

My second interview experience was a one-on-one interview with a supervisor and then I was taken on a tour of the facility. After being told that I was more than qualified for the position and would be contacted, I heard nothing.

Both times I reached out to their HR department and directly to the interviewing manager and both times I didn't hear anything back.

I've personally interviewed over a 1,000 people and have hired a few hundred. Please, if you are inviting a person in for a face-to-face interview, have the professionalism to at least send an e-mail saying that the person has not been selected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris (Palm Bay, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

They had me come in for an all-day interview at their Palm Bay facility. I met with four engineers, a manager, an HR person and a security guy. There were a mixture of technical questions and behavioral questions. None of them were particularly hard. They took me to lunch in their very nice on-site cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of the volatile keyword in C-language?   Answer Question