Harris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

14 years ago. It was OK. Responded to online job boards (forget which....Career Builder?). In person interview with project lead, other project engineers, and future first level supervisor. Congenial and professional interview process and quite personable individuals. Response with offer letter took probably a couple of weeks at the most. There were no surprises. The offer was most fair and the job itself did not disappoint; expectations were pretty well met and the job turned out to be a good fit when compared to what was explained during the interview process. Good transparency on the part of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Systems Integration & Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Came in at 8am checked in then did a tour of their new building with a beatiful rooms to work in. Excellent atmosphere has a very sort of 'google-like' vibe to some of the brainstorming rooms, however if you're in Systems Integration you will be sent to another building off campus from this one where it's the complete opposite. The overall interview process was very easy, most of the questions were behavioral i.e "Tell about a time you did something?" Very stress free and the interviewers were very nice.

Overall an enjoyable and easy interview process it.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harris (Herndon, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

The in person interview was really simple. They asked the basic questions pertaining to your skills and your interpersonal skills. It felt like we were just having a regular conversation.

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris (Alexandria, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

They were very disorganized. I had to reschedule my interview 3 times because they didn't seem to know who was available and when, which was extremely inconvenient for me since I was working a full-time job at the time. They were very unprofessional, and this became more apparent when I accepted the job offer and began working for them.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

The phone interview:
    First was the phone interview where I spoke to a team member about myself and my resume and what it's like to work at Harris. This was very basic with just the usual questions about my resume and behavioral questions. I was able to ask questions at the end. About 2 weeks later Harris offered to fly me down to Florida to participate in an interviewing day.

The in-person Interview:
    First was an hour and a half long panel interview where the first half consisted of me giving a presentation which they asked me to create ahead of time. This presentation was about myself and basically included information such as what are my career goals, what is my past work experience, etc. as well as more technical examples of work I had done. The next half of this was to sit down with the same panel and they asked me questions (mostly technical) and then had me ask any questions I had. The environment was mostly friendly and I liked the majority of the people there. Second, I had a half hour interview with an HR representative about relocation, salary requirements, etc. Next, I had lunch with a member of the team and he took me on a tour of the facilities. This part was very casual. Next I had a half hour interview with the manager of the team I would have become a part of. The manager was clearly having a bad day as I had seen him briefly before the interview. He hammered me with technical questions about every course listed on my resume and every project I had mentioned during my presentation (which he had neglected to attend). Finally, I spoke with the head of the entire department. He was very friendly and welcoming and asked a large mix of questions ranging from behavioral questions to technical questions to how I would go about solving a given technical issue. I then had a chance to ask questions of my own. Here the day ended.

Interview Questions

• What would be the use of a state machine which outputs a 1 only when it has received the same input several times in a row.   1 Answer

Interview

Typical interview with a sit down meet and great. It was in an offsite office environment where the PM asked about prior experiences and what I was looking for with my next job.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris.

Interview

I applied online. The next day a recruiter reached out to me and told me that they received my application. Said they had my resume and would send it off to the hiring manager. Said she would reach out to me in the next couple a days.

Few days later a new recruiter reaches out to me about the same position. We spoke about my resume, just like I did with the other recruiter and she said that the hiring manager had my resume. Also said she would contact me to let me know when the hiring manager would want to speak to me because the hiring manager went over my resume as well.

Weeks go by and I have still yet to get the date of my interview. So I called and emailed and got no reply. Waited a few days to make another attempt and the 2nd recruiter said that I didn't have enough "experience". I was confused because I did this job at this very location with another contractor. If I didn't have enough experience then why did you all reach out to me in the first place? So when I pointed out my experience on my resume. The recruiter said she would point it out to the hiring manager and would get back with me soon for an update. I haven't heard from either them til this day.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris in November 2015.

Interview

One of the worst interviews I've ever done. The first call was a typical phone screen. Then the tech interview. So it starts out okay just going over my resume and stuff until we get to a my personal projects. Normally this is an easy part but for some reason the interviewer wanted me to name off functions that were part of the project I did over 1.5 years ago. And he wanted me remember specific code lines I wrote. He started to get angry that I couldn't remember. It was one of the worst experiences I have had interviewing. I don't know if I got a follow up email after the interview because I was so done with the company after that.

Interview Questions

• Remember specific lines of code you wrote in past projects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Harris in November 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. After the Hiring Manger read my resume, a few days later, (like 3), he sent me an email for schedule a pre-screening interview via phone. He ask me questions about my resume, experience and a few about my personality. It went very well. The next step took a week, it was a panel of 4 people interview via Skype. The panel ask me like 3-5 questions each. Some were technical, some were about my experience and about what kind of difficult situations that I had encounter in the past. It went very well, very polite and professional. The next step was another interview with some of the team members. Same thing, technical questions, etc.. This one was more brief. After the interview process it took a week to get an offer. The entire process took 7 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you felt that the task was over your head.   Answer Question
    • If you were hired, how soon can you start?   Answer Question

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cavalier AFS, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Cavalier AFS, ND) in November 2015.

Interview

This process for me was very streamlined. I didn't personally have much of an interview. I didn't have any hassles with getting into the job. They were very good at communicating what the next steps were, and would be expected of me going forward. I was very impressed, and excited when they told me that I had the position if I wanted it.

Negotiation

I have not negotiated yet.