Harris Interview Questions in Melbourne, FL | Glassdoor

2.6

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Power Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at the Georgia Tech career fair. He quickly set me up with an interview the next morning. That one went well so they decided to give me an on site interview 2 weeks later. The on site interview was an all day thing, from 8 to 3. I had to give a presentation on one of my old projects and after that the panel asked me a whole bunch of technical questions. Wasn't too bad. Since this was a power engineering position, you can be sure they will ask about bucks, boosts, maybe LDOs.

Interview Questions

• Draw a Buck and Boost converter, tell me how it works.   Answer Question
    • Draw a non inverting and inverting amplifier.   Answer Question
    • Draw a block diagram control loop and derive its transfer function.   Answer Question
    • What is a transistor and how does it work? What is a bjt and what in a MOSFET?   Answer Question

Systems Integration and Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

I applied online and received an E-mail from a manager about 1 month later. We had a phone screen later that same day. A few days later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a Skype interview with a panel of engineers. I also completed an online official job application prior to the interview. In interview day, the recruiter contacted me to make sure I was still available and able to join the video conference. The recruiter kept me well informed throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with testing customer requirements?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see your engineering career in 5 years?   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

7 Person interview; each person responsible for different vectors. Each person was incredibly nice and I didn't feel pressured and was able to relax. There were technical questions for the first 5 interviewers,

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was good, they did have quite a lot of people who were knowledgeable and interesting. I talked to security and HR as well as the departments. I unfortunately got the feeling that they did not have any engineers over the age of 35.... The people that interviewed me were all younger than I was and when It came to talking to HR, the guy gave me a 20 minute speech on why and how they came up with people's salary.
    In my experience, they only do this when they are planning on underpaying extensively, and based upon what people said and pervious employees, yes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about frequency analysis, design and generation and development of parts for projects.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The Interview was a in person and was two day process. No one on one interviews, but rather a panel interview. Really focused on interpersonal skills and how to adapt to a group setting.

Interview Questions

• If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Met a manager at a conference and he asked if I would like to interview, of course I said yes. It was an excellent interview at the conference, and then I was asked to come to their headquarters in Melbourne, FL, which I did. I liked that the company did a specific hiring event that they geared towards women engineers.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about polymorphism and how it relates of OOP?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Had 1-on-1 technical interviews w/ several (5) team members. Each member had a series of questions and scenarios to review and answer. Then talked with Harris Corp FSO (via phone bridge) and went over process of background check and clearance needed. Finally talked with Technical Manager on other aspects of the role, along with relocation and benefits. After feedback gotten from recruiter, was sent Harris application w/ salary history to fill out. Talk about an absolute nightmare. After FOUR (4) renegotiation letters later, still have not been given a realistic offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe RAID and the aspects of each type.
      What is awk and sed used for?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Showed interest to recruiter at job fair. Got an email about a month later, set up a typical phone interview. Phone interview lasted around an hour. Was asked what I was looking for, what experience I had through work and school. This transitioned into the guy explaining to me what he was working on, what other projects the company has going, and how the company operates. Last part involved technical questions focused around classes I had recently took and a few problems. Liked how the guy handled these, it was apparent he was more interested in how I approached the problem.

I was then flown down to the Palm Bay campus for an interview, all expenses paid. HR interaction and logistics were smooth. First few hours were procedural stuff/tours. This was followed by three 45 minute interviews and a follow up with department manager. Most of these interview questions were of a nontechnical nature, they mainly seemed focus on gauging interpersonal skills, ability to learn, and ones work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Explain synchronization and some methods of achieving it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I had about 6 interviews, during the last stages they asked me to solve a case. Each interviewer was efficient with the time and prepared. The recruiters were great at following up throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, Examples from past experiences (situation, problem, what did you do)   Answer Question

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen with a headhunter, then an internal Harris recruiter, then the hiring manager. Next I was asked to do an in-person interview in Florida at the corporate headquarters where I was scheduled to meet with 6 interviewers. I had problems with my travel arrangements and then I was unable to meet with all of the interviewers. Lastly I was promised to be reimbursed for my expenses but that did not happen. I asked for the form twice but never received it. On a positive note, they did welcome me with a gift basket in my hotel room.

I ended up telling the recruiter I was not interested in the role or the company before any further decisions could be made. The environment at HQ is too stuffy. No flexibility whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly about my experience in talent management, compensation, succession planning, and analytics.   Answer Question