Harris Interview Questions in Melbourne, FL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Met a manager at a conference and he asked if I would like to interview, of course I said yes. It was an excellent interview at the conference, and then I was asked to come to their headquarters in Melbourne, FL, which I did. I liked that the company did a specific hiring event that they geared towards women engineers.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about polymorphism and how it relates of OOP?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Had 1-on-1 technical interviews w/ several (5) team members. Each member had a series of questions and scenarios to review and answer. Then talked with Harris Corp FSO (via phone bridge) and went over process of background check and clearance needed. Finally talked with Technical Manager on other aspects of the role, along with relocation and benefits. After feedback gotten from recruiter, was sent Harris application w/ salary history to fill out. Talk about an absolute nightmare. After FOUR (4) renegotiation letters later, still have not been given a realistic offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe RAID and the aspects of each type.
      What is awk and sed used for?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Showed interest to recruiter at job fair. Got an email about a month later, set up a typical phone interview. Phone interview lasted around an hour. Was asked what I was looking for, what experience I had through work and school. This transitioned into the guy explaining to me what he was working on, what other projects the company has going, and how the company operates. Last part involved technical questions focused around classes I had recently took and a few problems. Liked how the guy handled these, it was apparent he was more interested in how I approached the problem.

I was then flown down to the Palm Bay campus for an interview, all expenses paid. HR interaction and logistics were smooth. First few hours were procedural stuff/tours. This was followed by three 45 minute interviews and a follow up with department manager. Most of these interview questions were of a nontechnical nature, they mainly seemed focus on gauging interpersonal skills, ability to learn, and ones work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Explain synchronization and some methods of achieving it.   Answer Question

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen with a headhunter, then an internal Harris recruiter, then the hiring manager. Next I was asked to do an in-person interview in Florida at the corporate headquarters where I was scheduled to meet with 6 interviewers. I had problems with my travel arrangements and then I was unable to meet with all of the interviewers. Lastly I was promised to be reimbursed for my expenses but that did not happen. I asked for the form twice but never received it. On a positive note, they did welcome me with a gift basket in my hotel room.

I ended up telling the recruiter I was not interested in the role or the company before any further decisions could be made. The environment at HQ is too stuffy. No flexibility whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly about my experience in talent management, compensation, succession planning, and analytics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It took a long time but it was worth the investment in time. Several phone screenings and three months later I received notification that Harris would fly me down for my final interview. The interview lasted from 0800 - 1400 but half of it was geared toward me. The gave me a tour of facility and allowed me to talk to employees, allowing me to interview the company. This is what sold me on the company. I have done so many interviews where I was just there to fill a company short fall. Don't get me wrong Harris was doing the same thing but they treated me as an investment not just someone to fill a gap.

Most of the reason for the delay was I not available immediately and they were moving through the college grads first.

Interview Questions

• Standard screening questions with a few programming questions nothing hard.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR talent manager and scheduled a one-on-one phone interview with the engineering manager that made the requisition. The phone interview was scheduled for a morning slot and lasted 45 minutes, wherein I explained parts of my resume. A week later I had the face-to-face panel interview. I was not a local hire, and had to travel on my own expense unfortunately. The face-to-face interview was scheduled in the afternoon and proceeded promptly. Present at the interview were some of the relevant engineering managers. There were no typical HR questions (e.g. "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" or "Describe your best qualities.") The interview remained mostly technical, with emphasis on my past education and work experience. There was no formal technical interview. Entire face-to-face interview lasted 2 hours.

Systems Integration & Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

It is an all day event starting from 8am with orientation and soon followed by consecutive interviews with various interviewers through out the day ending around 3 pm. There were up to 4 or 5 one on one interviews, all asking behavioral questions. Lunch is provided.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

It was purely a personality based interview. They did not ask any experience related questions. I was pulled in through the New Grad program. They do not expect any experience. I've been interviewed at multiple companies throughout my life and this was by far the easiest interview I've ever been through.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I submit my resume at a career fair and was interviewed the next day. I left that interview with an impression that they were impressed with me. Afterwards I was invited to Melbourne for an on-site interview. At the end of the interview I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I knew about geometric tolerancing, what design projects I'd done, and to tell them about my work experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a bit of an odd interview where it turns out I was being interviewed for both a Critical Networks position and a General Software position. The interview for the Software Engineer I was 4 guys asking me questions about my resume/coursework. It was a little uncomfortable, as I saw one of the interviewers just drawing pictures on my resume. It did not feel very professional.