Harris Software Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Software Engineer II Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process was a very enjoyable experience. They take care of all expenses up front including a rental car, except for meals (which you can get reimbursed). You get to stay at an oceanfront hotel, with an amazing view and beach shoreline.

The only snafu for me was that I did not receive the online employment application link via email, and had to complete it last minute after asking my HR contact. It is kind of my fault for not noticing until the day before the interview.

I stayed at the company for about 6 hours, interviewing with ~6 different people. We had lunch with current employees in the work place ground-floor restaurant. We also went on tours of the company. The interviews were not technically rigorous, and more like skills review and behavioral questions.

If not for another offer, I think I would have really enjoyed working there. They offered a competitive salary, and have good work schedules (9/80 (3-day weekends every other week) + vacation time). I also think I would have enjoyed working with the people there. There were clearly smart people there who also enjoyed their work. I interviewed with various people who have been to at the company from a few years to decades.

I really liked the management style as well. You basically get to change what you are working on by consulting with the engineering manager. You can thus guide your development of skills and expertise. They seem to have a genuine interest in meeting the employee's interests and encouraging innovation.

Overall, seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• It was non-technical. They asked about our past work, interests, etc. and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harris

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial campus screening with a 1 on 1 interview. After this interview, I was sent to interview at their facilities on site. The on site interviews consisted of 5 different people including security and hiring managers. Most questions were behavioral in nature

Interview Questions

• Describe information about team project experiences / roles taken   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

They barely care about technical skill at all. They mostly care about soft-skills like ability to work in a team. Don't get me wrong, these are important skills, but the amount they focus on these soft-skills in the interview process is ridiculous. They barely ask any technical questions at all, and even if you get some blatantly wrong they will still hire you because they are so short staffed.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you disagreed with your boss? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris (Melbourne, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

You get 4 or 5 interviewers one at a time for about 45 minutes each. You get a lunch break. Whatever language you have on your resume, know some technical questions about it. Also, for the behavioral questions, try to use the STAR method to answer them. Some whiteboard coding questions may be asked, but nothing too hard. Be able to talk about your past internships and past school projects.

Interview Questions

• Write code to detect a loop in a linked list   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris (Rochester, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

This is for new hires out of college. Usually done over a day. Four to five interview in 30 minute sections. Interview setup uses Behavioral interview style. One or two of your interviewers are going to be technical interviews. All candidates are together in a two day event, where the first is just interviews for the morning, later is all events are to make candidates fall in love with the company.

For experience hires, is seperated and is done locally. Same format, four to five interviews 30 to 45 minutes each section.

Interview Questions

• For new hires is completly behavioral. The most challenging question was: What is the prototype design pattern and how to apply it to X example.   1 Answer