Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Very quick, got the job on the spot. I sat with the hiring manager; she would interview me. I didn't get a tour of the store but she did lead me to another manager who explained to me about the job.

Interview Questions

• What should you do if a cusomter is complaining?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Williamsburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Though a little behind schedule the phone interview was comfortable and not stressful. The interviewer was apologetic for calling late. And I felt that she actually listened when I gave my answers as opposed to just writing notes down.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Harris teeter over other grocery stores?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Hiring was easy. Like every other interview. Took about 3 weeks from my interview. The interview was in the Starbucks. Took maybe 10 minutes. Afterwards they emailed me for an offer

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • Where and what did you do at your other jobs   1 Answer
    • What did you like and didn't like at your other jobs   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Placed an application online and for the next week or two frequently followed up in-store. Shortly thereafter received a call asking if I could come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• My interview was basically just an inquiry of my availability, after which they hired me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Newport News, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I called the store near where I live when I am at college and asked if they were hiring for cashier positions. I talked to the manager on duty and she instructed me to go on their website and apply.

I applied online and then I called back to let her know I applied. I did not hear anything after a few days so I called again and was informed that I should call when the hiring manager would be in. So I waited a day and called when I knew she would be there. The hiring manager told me when she would be looking at applications.

Instead of calling on that day, iI decided to drive over there and bring my resume into the store and meet the hiring manager. It was a good thing that I did because she took a look at my resume and interviewed me right on the spot.

We basically had a conversation about what the responsibilities would be and how things work and then she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harris Teeter   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was started at a higher pay rate because of the experience I already had as a cashier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (High Point, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

There was no interview they made you apply online and that was it. It was very informal there was nobody to help you with any of your questions and it was all based on personality test and not on skills

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave Harris Teeter before   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

It was super easy and the management were friendly. I really liked the atmosphere and the interview questions were totally easy. I think the managers don't really care about your values they only want you to finish job and that's it.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in this location?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Holly Springs, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Very Brief and to the point, I was pretty much already hired when I was called in for the interview because they were doing an influx of hiring at the time.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

One interview where they ask your previous job history. Then they'll call you back if you were a good fit and start with the drug testing and training. The interview was with the customer service manager and she is the one who started and finished the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harris Teeter?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick easy and hired on the spot. Applied online called in for interview asked about 3 questions then hired on the spot. Interview held with manger one on one. once getting offer was asked to accept it online within 3 days.