Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Harris Teeter

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in January 2017.

Interview

talk a for a minute, asked why harris teeter, do i have any experience with cashier, go over what you do, discuss pay, took a swab drug test, did a background check, had to do computer training, and cashier training

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Boone, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with Hiring Manager. Asked simple customer service questions. Was told that I would need to start a 12 hour training process before I could start on the cash register.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Bowie, MD) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview went well to my knowledge. However, there were a lot of interruptions throughout which made me feel sort of uncomfortable with answering the interviewer questions. If I do not get hired, I know I did my best and cannot blame myself for not answering at my best because of the interruptions.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Norfolk, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick and easy. My interview was at 4:30 and I arrived 15 minutes early. The wait time was about 7 minutes. My interviewer asked my questions about how me and how I can contribute to the store. Overall, I was very nervous, but I ended up with a great job with a great starting salary.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite teacher and why?   1 Answer
    • What is your best from of communication?   1 Answer
    • How can you show good customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very swift, time frame of about 5 days. First conducted a phone interview, then moved on to the in-person interview. Was offered a great starting hourly rate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Applied for the job online, waited for a week or two and got called to come in for an in-person interview. I heard back that day. The questions were simple and straight to the point. The manager interviewed me in the back office and made me feel comfortable. They also gave me the ability to take pauses to answer the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Holly Springs, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

simple online application and call from store manager. Simple interview with basic questions. I feel that it was a very streamlined process and very simple except for a very long online test. I feel that they need to try to be more personal

Interview Questions

• Are you passionate about customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waxhaw, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Waxhaw, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very quick. I was a high school student at the time with no prior experience, so the manager simply asked me questions about my personality, then proceeded to tell me about the position offered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I waited a few minutes for the manager which is fine because I needed to prepare myself. Interview lasted only about 30 minutes. Interviewer asked only the basis questions such as your background, what's your availability, why do you want to work at harris teeter.

Interview Questions

• What made you decided that you wanted to work for Harris Teeter?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in July 2017.

Interview

It was a mass hiring event. Didn't take them very long to decide if they were hiring me or not and moved me on to the onboarding paper work quickly.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you're a good fit for Harris Teeter?   1 Answer