Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Newport News, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I called the store near where I live when I am at college and asked if they were hiring for cashier positions. I talked to the manager on duty and she instructed me to go on their website and apply.

I applied online and then I called back to let her know I applied. I did not hear anything after a few days so I called again and was informed that I should call when the hiring manager would be in. So I waited a day and called when I knew she would be there. The hiring manager told me when she would be looking at applications.

Instead of calling on that day, iI decided to drive over there and bring my resume into the store and meet the hiring manager. It was a good thing that I did because she took a look at my resume and interviewed me right on the spot.

We basically had a conversation about what the responsibilities would be and how things work and then she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harris Teeter   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was started at a higher pay rate because of the experience I already had as a cashier.

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (High Point, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

There was no interview they made you apply online and that was it. It was very informal there was nobody to help you with any of your questions and it was all based on personality test and not on skills

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave Harris Teeter before   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

It was super easy and the management were friendly. I really liked the atmosphere and the interview questions were totally easy. I think the managers don't really care about your values they only want you to finish job and that's it.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in this location?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

One interview where they ask your previous job history. Then they'll call you back if you were a good fit and start with the drug testing and training. The interview was with the customer service manager and she is the one who started and finished the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harris Teeter?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick easy and hired on the spot. Applied online called in for interview asked about 3 questions then hired on the spot. Interview held with manger one on one. once getting offer was asked to accept it online within 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in January, did not follow up via phone/e-mail. Was called in late February to schedule in-store interview. Interview was short, simple, and took place in an informal setting (a quiet sitting area near store café). I'm terribly frightened of interviews and generally do poorly, but felt at ease during this interview (at Chapel Hill, NC location). Unfortunately, I forgot to ask about pay and negotiate for higher wages.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a few years?   1 Answer
    • Do you plan on leaving your current job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Very quick and typical interview. It was in the Starbucks lounge very informal but they were in dire need of help. You also meet with head store manager if they like you during the first one

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Applied online. One week later, was e-mailed to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was less than five minutes, and led to an in-person interview later that was about 15 minutes. On the whole, all involved in the process were very friendly and amicable. Questions directly revolved around customer service.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   1 Answer
    • What is bad customer service to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday, got a call that Wednesday to come in for an interview the next day. I came in 10 minutes early but she wasn't ready so I had to wait an extra 30 minutes. She came down got me and she started asking me casual questions. She was so cool and laid back. We talked about my schooling and what I wanted to be in the future. She asked about myself and my availability. She was surprised it was my first job, but she told me that I could do it which really motivated that I would do well there.She said she would call me in Monday or Tuesday for paperwork, but then I got a email that Tuesday saying I didn't get the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

First was extremely casual, essentially I just had to make it clear I would work hard. Guy who interviewed me was very friendly and explained everything well. Came back for the drug test and they asked me a few more questions which I was unprepared for but it wasn't anything very official, still went well.