Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

1.8

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charleston, SC).

Interview

The interview was very easy. The manager only really asked about my availability. She was very friendly. She also wanted to make sure that I could provide great customer service and that was it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Baltimore, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online about 2 weeks ago. I was called on 08/14/17 for an interview and I then interviewed 2 days later. The interview experience was very easy going. The manager asked basic questions and I was offered the job on the spot. We then proceeded to take the drug test and filled out paperwork for the test. He told me I would receive an email to accept the offer and then go forward with a background check.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Harris Teeter?   2 Answers
    • What do you notice that's different about Harris Teeter from other stores?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Baltimore, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

Very fast interview. Talked about my availability and what did I know about the store. Took about 20 mins. Very friendly and made me laugh a lot. It didn't feel like an interview . Was offered a job and completed my drug test there.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the Virginia Beach, Virginia store.

I heard back about two weeks after I had submitted my application, and scheduled to come in the next day for an interview. The manager was very nice, and was very easy to talk to. Being my first interview I was nervous, but that quickly washed away. We talked about my responsibilities for the job and I was given an offer on the spot. Went home and got a formal email offer, and had to go through a quick agreement to allow a background check to start the process of employment.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

It was very simple, its a two part. You basically talk to hiring manager and then store manager. If the hiring manager likes you then he will call you back. If you dont hear back, keep calling because they will not call back.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Super relaxed and friendly. Very personable and you could relate to the people there easily. First interview was very easy and I laughed a lot! They make jokes about being late and everything. Highly suggest!

Interview Questions

• How is your school schedule looking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fernandina Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Fernandina Beach, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online a week ago, had a phone interview yesterday where they just asked me basic questions about my experience (I have none) and were very helpful and understanding, asking about my volunteering and school leadership positions instead.
    The in-person interviewer was very nice and friendly, although sometimes I was talking and he would just stare at me so I was scared I wasn't saying the right responses, but it worked out for the best! He hired me for part-time on spot, I have to go back for a drug test and some paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

They had me walk in and they asked me what my availability was. Wasn't even really an interview. They did use a background check though. They also made me do a drug test

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Very easy. More of just telling me what the duties of the job were. Said they would call me the next day and they called 2days later for me to accept offer and agree to background check. (which was sent through email)

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Very quick, got the job on the spot. I sat with the hiring manager; she would interview me. I didn't get a tour of the store but she did lead me to another manager who explained to me about the job.

Interview Questions

• What should you do if a cusomter is complaining?   1 Answer