Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

1.8

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

It was very simple, its a two part. You basically talk to hiring manager and then store manager. If the hiring manager likes you then he will call you back. If you dont hear back, keep calling because they will not call back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Super relaxed and friendly. Very personable and you could relate to the people there easily. First interview was very easy and I laughed a lot! They make jokes about being late and everything. Highly suggest!

Interview Questions

• How is your school schedule looking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fernandina Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Fernandina Beach, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online a week ago, had a phone interview yesterday where they just asked me basic questions about my experience (I have none) and were very helpful and understanding, asking about my volunteering and school leadership positions instead.
    The in-person interviewer was very nice and friendly, although sometimes I was talking and he would just stare at me so I was scared I wasn't saying the right responses, but it worked out for the best! He hired me for part-time on spot, I have to go back for a drug test and some paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Very easy. More of just telling me what the duties of the job were. Said they would call me the next day and they called 2days later for me to accept offer and agree to background check. (which was sent through email)

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Very quick, got the job on the spot. I sat with the hiring manager; she would interview me. I didn't get a tour of the store but she did lead me to another manager who explained to me about the job.

Interview Questions

• What should you do if a cusomter is complaining?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Williamsburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Though a little behind schedule the phone interview was comfortable and not stressful. The interviewer was apologetic for calling late. And I felt that she actually listened when I gave my answers as opposed to just writing notes down.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Harris teeter over other grocery stores?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Hiring was easy. Like every other interview. Took about 3 weeks from my interview. The interview was in the Starbucks. Took maybe 10 minutes. Afterwards they emailed me for an offer

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • Where and what did you do at your other jobs   1 Answer
    • What did you like and didn't like at your other jobs   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Placed an application online and for the next week or two frequently followed up in-store. Shortly thereafter received a call asking if I could come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• My interview was basically just an inquiry of my availability, after which they hired me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Newport News, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I called the store near where I live when I am at college and asked if they were hiring for cashier positions. I talked to the manager on duty and she instructed me to go on their website and apply.

I applied online and then I called back to let her know I applied. I did not hear anything after a few days so I called again and was informed that I should call when the hiring manager would be in. So I waited a day and called when I knew she would be there. The hiring manager told me when she would be looking at applications.

Instead of calling on that day, iI decided to drive over there and bring my resume into the store and meet the hiring manager. It was a good thing that I did because she took a look at my resume and interviewed me right on the spot.

We basically had a conversation about what the responsibilities would be and how things work and then she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harris Teeter   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was started at a higher pay rate because of the experience I already had as a cashier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (High Point, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

There was no interview they made you apply online and that was it. It was very informal there was nobody to help you with any of your questions and it was all based on personality test and not on skills

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave Harris Teeter before   1 Answer