Harris Teeter Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

1.9

Part-time Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

First, after the application was submitted I completed an extensive pre-interview questionaire. It was timed and consisted of 69 questions. Some involved mathematics and others dealt with personality and leadership. Then a telephone interview was scheduled. This lasted approximately 10 minutes and a background check was run while I was on the phone. Lastly, a personal interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• One question was 'why do you want to work for Harris Teeter'?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day from a recruiter with a link to complete a "pre recorded online video interview" within 3 days. I had to use a web cam and it was a little awkward taping myself answering 5 questions. The questions popped up and you were given 60 seconds to read them and prepare an answer before recording started, and you could not redo your answer. Each question had a time limit of ~1-4 minutes. I followed up the following Monday and was told I would be contacted if I qualified... I unfortunately did not hear back, possibly because I am a recent graduate, I was nervous with the format of having to watch myself, and I spoke really fast because of the timer countdown on the screen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose retail Pharmacy?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Harris Teeter over of community pharmacies?   Answer Question
    • What would your last employer/teacher say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were involved in a difficult situation/conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Asked general questions to get a feel of who you are and if you are a hard worker. They ask about customer service experience and talk to about the training program.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I was in high school volunteering @ the Harris Teeter in the Arboreteum for community service hours & the manager noticed my work ethic and seen something special in me & & gave me a chance. I've been there for 10 years now

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If your just looking for some pocket change this is a great company to work for, but take full advantage of the opportunities to advance and move If you plan on making a long run.

Home Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed twice with both the manager and a customer service manager. Short interview with few questions asked and minimal job duty description. This should have told me something. Basically they were looking for a body.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waxhaw, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Waxhaw, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

They asked short typical questions that reflect how you work and what kind of motivation you have. For the most part, if you get invited for a face to face interview you've received the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced great customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Went in and asked to speak to the manager. They said they would give me a call to set up an interview within that week. After a few days they called me to come in for an interview and I came in dressed in business casual attire. I met some of the managers and workers and began the interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you went out of the way to help someone   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

wasn't given an interview the store was so short staffed that i was hired without having to go through the interview process. I was asked to come in to the store and meet the manager then he told me i had the job because they really needed the help.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I arrived early for my interview which was scheduled for 3pm on a Monday. An associate informed me that the manager would be with me momentarily and I could wait on a nearby bench inside the store. The interview was short and informative. The manager was looking for a friendly person who would work well in a team and had open availability. She put a lot of emphasis on availability and good customer service.

Interview Questions

• What are three words to describe yourself besides "hardworking"?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I interview 1st over the phone.. Then was called in for a interview with HR at charlotte home office. The interview last a hour. Depending how that go you would then be interview by DM. I was push passed the DM interview. I had a panel interview with the HR manager, Vice President , Regional Operations, please study up on your numbers know about the company. you field question from all 3 for a hour to a hour an half. know you sales know your customer score