Harris Teeter Fresh Foods Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Teeter Fresh Foods Clerk Interview Questions

1.5

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2016.

Interview

They called me in for an interview only a couple days after I submitted my application. I was scheduled for my interview the day after they contacted me and met with the co-manager of the store.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Applied online and was called a few weeks late to schedule a face-to-face interview with HR and department manager. Department manager was late to interview, but polite and offered me a position on the spot. HR was polite

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in retail?   1 Answer

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in October 2015.

Interview

Fast interview but slow to process application, technical difficulties with new system delayed hiring by a week, wasn't sure if I would actually get the job for a few weeks. Positive interview and accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Answered a couple of really typical questions, with the store manager as the interviewee. Very simple, fast, and straightforward. The one on one interview was a breeze, however it was a couple months after I first applied until I got a call, then after I got an offer post-interview, the drug test and background check took an additional 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would make a good fit here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Originally applied for Cashier but HR called and asked if I could do Fresh Foods instead. I met with the HR guy and then was supposed to be interviewed by Fresh Foods manager but she never called. Then I just got called back for oral drug testing after the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave my previous job (Sam's Club)?
      Describe the position you held there.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What was your best and worst experience in customer service and how you handled it.
      When are you available and are there any long periods of time you'll be gone.

The rest was him describing the job to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Called me back two days after filling out online application, had an interview next day. She didn't even really interview me, it was weird. Just asked why I wanted to work there and my availability and if I wanted to do the job. Very simple. I wore khakis and a polo. She hired me the first interview and gave me a drug test right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Holly Springs, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially I applied for another position and declined because the pay rate was too low for my experience level. I had a great interview with the other store but it was during a job fair which for some is intimidating. I forgot I applied for other postions but didn't expect to get a call back for any so soon. A week later I got a call for another postions. I got a call sun and interviewed 3 hours later. Got a job offer this morning. The interview was very relaxed and quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Mooresville, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed, when I went in I spoke with a store manager, they took me to an open office upstairs and talked about my experience. I wore jeans and a t-shirt because I knew someone who worked there and they didnt seem to mind. The managers are more focused on your people skills.

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in June 2014.

Interview

The process took a long time, but I got the job.

Went on their website and applied to what seemed like a dozen different positions at a local one near my house. I was soon contacted by a hiring manager for a position I actually didn't apply for, but was happy to get the call and went in for the interview.

At the interview it was very informal (even though I dressed formally for the occasion!) I was asked some very easy questions, the usual "Where do you see yourself", "Why harris teeter and not safeway?", "What is your greatest accomplishment?"

I had to go through a background check afterwards, that took about a week or so (Depending on how many states/employers/homes you've lived or worked it can take longer or shorter)

I was cleared for the check, and then given a time to take a drug test. Mine was a saliva test, I went in and was asked to hold it under my tongue until the sensor turned blue on the test stick.

That was sent in, and within about a week I was given another call that said I was cleared and ready to work after filling out the paperwork and doing my training.

Negotiation

There was none, it's a harris teeter fresh food clerk position. Not selling stocks for a fortune 500. It's a $10 job.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview, drug test job. They actually take a couple of weeks and about twenty online tests to ascertain whether you have what it takes to be able to impale a raw chicken on a skewer repeatedly, so that the rotisserie chickens can spin around at high heat to sate the ravenous appetities of local college patrons.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it