Harris Teeter Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Teeter Harris Teeter Cashier Interview Questions

1.5

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

I just kept coming in asking for a job until they hired me. Then there was a week of computer training and a background check. There was also I personality test. Most of the question were pretty unremarkable.

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Summerville, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Harris Teeter manager on a Tuesday, but I missed the call because I was in school so I called back the next day and spoke with a customer service manager and she scheduled an interview for that Saturday. I was interviewed by one person and she only asked 3 questions, it was very quick. She asked for my phone number and what hours I would be able to work and took consideration that I was still in high school. After the interview was finished she asked if I had any questions and told me to be on the look out for an email.. its now Monday and I'm still waiting on the email.

Anonymous Employee in Kernersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Kernersville, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I later made a call to show my interest. My phone call was later returned, and I was offered a time to interview. At the interview, I was given the option of 2 different positions, based on my experience.

Interview Questions

• Is this a position you would be interested in, and how flexible are you? Are you able to work various hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I was very impressed with their screening questionnaire and then met with Assistant Store Director who explained why I was chosen to interview but did not broach pay. Only stated next steps would be a background check then in-house drug screen.

Interview Questions

• What food service experience do you have?
      What shifts can you work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very brief, an overview of why I wanted to work there, the reason I apllied to the location, and my availability. A simple drug test, a a week later I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Newport News, VA).

Interview

Applied online at snag a job and had an interview less than a week later. They did not tell me it was a job fair type deal. They pulled everyone back one by one and you spoke to the manager directly. They ask a lot of problem solving and personality questions. They drug test you with a swab under your tongue the same day and call you in a week with your results from that and the background check and you begin training within the week.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about problem solving a lot. What Harris Teeter wants to hear is that you're competent enough to figure things out on your own. Make good decisions. This is because customer service basically ignores you when anything goes wrong at your register and you just make your own decision. Harris Teeter "trusts you to make the right decision for the company" they say. The manager will also ask you a lot of questions pertaining to personality. They want someone who loves interacting with other people and is outgoing and happy.   Answer Question

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

It took three weeks all the process took 4 weeks. Applied on line then received confirmation email from Harris teeter human resource Telling me that they received my application and is being reviewed . Two weeks later they called me for face to face interview.

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Rocky Mount, NC).

Interview

One interview, process in total took about 2-3 weeks for interview, drug test and background check. No over the top questions, just the basics. It was a pretty straight forward process, only real problem were the test after actually being hired, they're actually quite difficult but if you have a good memory you'll be fine. if u can in your interview ask about training and if it's okay to take notes while watching the videos

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a difficult situation? how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was okay. The first initial interview didn't happen because the hiring manager didn't show up. Went through multiple managers at other stores to get an interview. After a week, I finally got an interview and was eventually hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was kind of shaky in the beginning, but then I was told what I'd be making and I was offered a set amount of hours.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Cary, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I started my application process online and then had to wait about 2 weeks for anyone to contact me. I was scheduled to have a phone interview but when the guy called me, he said he wanted me to come in for a face-to-face interview instead. The interview lasted about 2 minutes. I had prepared for the worst and was surprised that they didn't ask me...well, anything! They just asked what position I was applying for and then told me I was hired. I guess they are really desperate for employees at the moment. I had to take a drug test and then wait for the results to come back. They told me it would only take a week. It took 2 weeks. I started my onboarding and training. I am currently doing my hands-on training and can't believe how thorough the training is. I thought I was applying to an easy part time job and now I've been stuck doing this intense training program for over a week (I go in 5 days a week for at least 4 hours!!) It's been stressful, but I hope it's worth it. I do have to say the people I am working with and the people in charge of my interview(s) are absolutely amazing! They've truly made me feel like a part of the Harris Teeter family!

Interview Questions

• Like I said...they didn't ask me anything apart from what job I was applying for and a little bit about where I'm from (I'm not originally from NC)   Answer Question