Harris Teeter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harris Teeter Interview Questions

2.1

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Norfolk, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had two managers interviewing me one at a time. The first one was lady that only asked one question. The other was a guy that took like ten minutes to even get there to interview me. Asked basically the same questions and I thought I did well. Was asked really silly questions considering the job I was applying for. Even looked at as if my responses were stupid. Even though the manager repeated basically what I said back to me. Just really annoying.

Part-time Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

First, after the application was submitted I completed an extensive pre-interview questionaire. It was timed and consisted of 69 questions. Some involved mathematics and others dealt with personality and leadership. Then a telephone interview was scheduled. This lasted approximately 10 minutes and a background check was run while I was on the phone. Lastly, a personal interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• One question was 'why do you want to work for Harris Teeter'?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day from a recruiter with a link to complete a "pre recorded online video interview" within 3 days. I had to use a web cam and it was a little awkward taping myself answering 5 questions. The questions popped up and you were given 60 seconds to read them and prepare an answer before recording started, and you could not redo your answer. Each question had a time limit of ~1-4 minutes. I followed up the following Monday and was told I would be contacted if I qualified... I unfortunately did not hear back, possibly because I am a recent graduate, I was nervous with the format of having to watch myself, and I spoke really fast because of the timer countdown on the screen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose retail Pharmacy?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Harris Teeter over of community pharmacies?   Answer Question
    • What would your last employer/teacher say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were involved in a difficult situation/conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Back-Up Scanning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview ever. After repeated emails and text messages from the corporate recruiter, telling me to be well prepared and enthusiastic, I walked into a vacant beauty shop store away from the HT store filled with folding chairs and HT employees who dressed like they were on their day off. The person I sat down with, was not enthusiastic about what she was doing and she acted like she had not conducted an interview before. I have dressed accordingly and was very cheerful and outgoing. The interviewer asked me what position I applied for and she asked about my experience in performing the duties of that position of Scanning Coordinator. After 2 minutes she explained the duties and expectations to me she said would I be interested in the backup scanning coordinators jib as there was no Scanning Coordinators position available. I specifically applied for the Scanning Coordinators position and reiterated that to the recruiter before I was invited to this interview. The back up scanning coordinators position was paying 9.35 to start.
    I politely declined and walked out of the interview. I spent 25 minutes getting to this interview and was very well prepared to spend more than 5 minutes!
    It was like I was interviewing for a clerk at a mom and pop retail store. So totally unprofessional. I will no longer shop at HT and will certainly tell other job seekers to stay as far away from them as poo\ssible!

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking for?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

My 1st interview was by phone. I was interviewed by Ashley Andes. The process was simple & I enjoyed talking with her. That was my first time doing a phone interview. Apparently, I impressed her; my second interview is tomorrow (face to face). I applied for 3 different positions. One those positions is mine. I already believe it & claimed it.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job openings?   1 Answer

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Bowie, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I waited in a hotel lobby for my interview no more than five minutes. I was brought into a room with multiple interviews going on and it was just my luck my interview was at the same table as another. the women who intervsiewed me did not acknowledge me for about five minutes as she was talking to the other interviewer and interviewee. When she finally acknowledged me she looked over my application and says oh we already filled that position (as if she wasn't going to interview me) I proceeded to ask her what other positions were open and she replies all of them. I ask her about the cashier position she says we have enough of those, so i asked her again what is open. overall she did not pay me any attention and I felt like I waisted my time.

Bakery/Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Gaithersburg, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a new store opening, so there were a lot of one-on-one interviews occurring in the same room.

The interviewer that I was lucky enough to speak with was exceedingly unprofessional. Two words into the first question and his eyes are darting around the room, painfully disinterested. I could tell the interview wasn't going to go anywhere from the moment I sat down. Perhaps I didn't pass an initial visual inspection despite the fact that I was the only interviewee there who actually dressed business casual.

I've interviewed people before. I know that even if you know right away that you're not going to hire them, you should at least possess the good graces to feign interest in what they're saying.

Interview Questions

• Why Harris Teeter?
      What are two of your biggest accomplishments?
      How do you deal with people that don't like you?
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (High Point, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

There was no interview they made you apply online and that was it. It was very informal there was nobody to help you with any of your questions and it was all based on personality test and not on skills

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave Harris Teeter before   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in November 2015.

Interview

Done through third party recruiter. They were great, very informative. Started with a preliminary call with recruiter and then one onsite interview with hiring manager and one other team member. That part was the easy, fast part.

Interview Questions

• All Technical questions, mostly irrelevant textbook style question drilling for an hour. No conversation or small talk.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2015.

Interview

It was a virtual interview with pre-recorded questions. There were about 6-8 of them and each question was given a different time allotment. Overall it was a really positive experience, and the ability to interview without leaving the comfort of home was pretty cool. The questions were fair and behavioral-based, so I was able to prepare pretty easily prior to recording.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and why have you chosen to interview with us over other retail pharmacies?   Answer Question