Harris Teeter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

I was called for an interview on a Monday to come in on a Friday. Interview process was easy. Don’t be nervous just be yourself. This is where I messed up. I believe I would have got a job offer if I didn’t let my nerves get the best me. Team member only receive part-time hours and since you would technically work for Harris Teeter there aren’t any benefits included.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager of Customer Service/Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the customer service manager for about 30 minutes. It was very interesting talking to him and learning how the company works. I was asked to take a drug test and he said I'd hear something in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a 5-minute interview over the phone and was invited to participate in an in-person interview scheduled for two days later. It the in-person interview I was ask many behavioral questions to which I thought I answered well. The manage that interviewed me told me to stick around and speak to another manager. That's when it all went down hill. The manager came and called my name, said his name and then said, "tell me about yourself". There was to preface to the question and I must say I was caught off guard by his coldness. I told them I could work 5 out of 7 days overnight (with the caveat that I could be flexible). He hardly looked at me and just said, "oh you can't work two days"... I was quite put off. I've been a recruiter and have never treated an interviewee like this. Thinking that the job was promising after my first interview, he continued to explain, "we have a lot of applicants, well give you a call". This has been the worst interview I ever had. I was quite disappointed because I felt as if he had no type of interview skills and was looking for a way not to hiring me. I plan on making a compliant because I did feel disrespected. Though things happen for a reason so I am glad that I do not have to work in a store with this guy as the manager.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in August 2017.

Interview

Some questions from me and questions from interviewer . I'm a people person and always try to be a happy person. I'm helpful when needed always willing to help in any department at any time . Thank you for the interview. Irene Bledsoe

Interview Questions

• What days and hours I can work most anytime .   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Williamsburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Though a little behind schedule the phone interview was comfortable and not stressful. The interviewer was apologetic for calling late. And I felt that she actually listened when I gave my answers as opposed to just writing notes down.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Harris teeter over other grocery stores?   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Norfolk, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had two managers interviewing me one at a time. The first one was lady that only asked one question. The other was a guy that took like ten minutes to even get there to interview me. Asked basically the same questions and I thought I did well. Was asked really silly questions considering the job I was applying for. Even looked at as if my responses were stupid. Even though the manager repeated basically what I said back to me. Just really annoying.

Part-time Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

First, after the application was submitted I completed an extensive pre-interview questionaire. It was timed and consisted of 69 questions. Some involved mathematics and others dealt with personality and leadership. Then a telephone interview was scheduled. This lasted approximately 10 minutes and a background check was run while I was on the phone. Lastly, a personal interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• One question was 'why do you want to work for Harris Teeter'?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day from a recruiter with a link to complete a "pre recorded online video interview" within 3 days. I had to use a web cam and it was a little awkward taping myself answering 5 questions. The questions popped up and you were given 60 seconds to read them and prepare an answer before recording started, and you could not redo your answer. Each question had a time limit of ~1-4 minutes. I followed up the following Monday and was told I would be contacted if I qualified... I unfortunately did not hear back, possibly because I am a recent graduate, I was nervous with the format of having to watch myself, and I spoke really fast because of the timer countdown on the screen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose retail Pharmacy?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Harris Teeter over of community pharmacies?   Answer Question
    • What would your last employer/teacher say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were involved in a difficult situation/conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Back-Up Scanning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview ever. After repeated emails and text messages from the corporate recruiter, telling me to be well prepared and enthusiastic, I walked into a vacant beauty shop store away from the HT store filled with folding chairs and HT employees who dressed like they were on their day off. The person I sat down with, was not enthusiastic about what she was doing and she acted like she had not conducted an interview before. I have dressed accordingly and was very cheerful and outgoing. The interviewer asked me what position I applied for and she asked about my experience in performing the duties of that position of Scanning Coordinator. After 2 minutes she explained the duties and expectations to me she said would I be interested in the backup scanning coordinators jib as there was no Scanning Coordinators position available. I specifically applied for the Scanning Coordinators position and reiterated that to the recruiter before I was invited to this interview. The back up scanning coordinators position was paying 9.35 to start.
    I politely declined and walked out of the interview. I spent 25 minutes getting to this interview and was very well prepared to spend more than 5 minutes!
    It was like I was interviewing for a clerk at a mom and pop retail store. So totally unprofessional. I will no longer shop at HT and will certainly tell other job seekers to stay as far away from them as poo\ssible!

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking for?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

My 1st interview was by phone. I was interviewed by Ashley Andes. The process was simple & I enjoyed talking with her. That was my first time doing a phone interview. Apparently, I impressed her; my second interview is tomorrow (face to face). I applied for 3 different positions. One those positions is mine. I already believe it & claimed it.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job openings?   1 Answer