Harris Teeter Applied for Cake Decorator, Offered Third Shift Uscan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Applied for Cake Decorator, Offered Third Shift Uscan Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

I walked in and handed in my application to be a Cake Decorator to the CSM, and a few days later I got a phone call to come in for an interview. I had prepped for the interview and was ready with great answers about how customer service is my specialty, why I'm great at what I do, blah blah... well, I was blindsided with questions in the opposite direction: "Tell me about a time you couldn't satisfy a customer." "How would you deal with difficult customers?" After stumbling through the interview, he said with a sigh that they were hiring for cashiers, uscan cashiers, particularly ones who could work 3rd shift. They were flexible with my hours and hired me even though I was 5 months pregnant at the time! I thought that was an admirable thing to do- because after 3 months, I'd be out for at least that long, then who knows if I would have come back! This guy (my boss) ended up being a really nice guy who was very accomodating. Unfortunately talent gets moved around a lot, so I soon had a nw CSM who wasn't so great.

Interview was followed by a drug test and background check, totalling about a week to 10 days. Then I reported to work for computer training. Maybe 4 four hour days taking computer modlues and exams? Then I got to go to the floor to be trained properly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unable to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell me how you would deal with someone who is angry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was young and dumb. I put $8-12 on my application, and he offered $8, and I took it. I needed a job immediately, but I should have negotiated wages more agressively.