Harris Teeter Fresh Foods/Deli-Bakery Customer Service Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

For me the hiring process was three steps. Set up an in person interview with basic questions i.e. Customer service experience (waiting tables, bar tending, catering, fine dining). Take a drug screen (swab gums) . Set up a second interview to meet with Department manager and determine eligibility. Come back for a final meeting with a job offer and pay proposal. Set up training schedule and get uniform order.

Interview Questions

• What was I expecting if was offered a job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very light & easy. Went through a couple of interviews to get the job. First with lower level manager, then with store manger for brand new store. Not difficult questions, but beware, you willed be drug tested on site (orally, at least in my area).

Fresh Foods/Deli-Bakery Customer Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in November 2013.

Interview

I thought I was coming in for an interview for a Cashier or Customer Service clerk position. Instead, I was interviewed for a deli/bakery position that I had no interest in. The interview didn't take place in a private office like I expected;rather, over near Starbucks where people could have easily walked up within your eyesight. The interview was somewhat unprofessional as they asked about my current wage at other jobs and the number of hours that I have been receiving at those places.

Interview Questions

Not enough guaranteed hours and the position wasn't full time.

Fresh Foods/Deli-Bakery Customer Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Was asked typical questions on first interview, on second interview (if you get one) did a quick drug test and background test

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

The initial contact was a phone call within 1 day of applying quick phone interview and then setup a date for the 1 on 1 interview. Went in and was asked why i would be good for this position, what are my strengths and weaknesses. It was a relatively quick interview got and offer took it and immediately started on the cbt training (computer based training). My interviewer were great they saw i was nervous and accommodated me perfectly made me feel very comfortable while being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• The only question that i though was difficult was why should we hire you. Keep in mind I had no experience at the time. But im a quick learner and i was motivated to work that got me the job .   Answer Question

Negotiation

For me it was, were offering you this because you have no experience in the field take it or leave it. If you have experience you could probably get close to what you want but the offer will usually be on the low side.