Harris Teeter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

1.9

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Bethesda, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

A lengthy and multiple interviewers, when the position was not available. The position was posted and the recruiter called me about the poition to find out after I went to the interview that the position gets posted but is not filled. It does not exist. Its there way of filling slots for their job fair

Interview Questions

• It was less about questions and answers then the interviewers boasting about the amount of work they do in the store   1 Answer

Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Called today an was told to come in tomorrow to finish my paper work, all together it took about 3weeks .(06/23/16) to (07/07/16) an 4 interviews with the store manager /director,gm, co manager...

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Harris teeter   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I interview 1st over the phone.. Then was called in for a interview with HR at charlotte home office. The interview last a hour. Depending how that go you would then be interview by DM. I was push passed the DM interview. I had a panel interview with the HR manager, Vice President , Regional Operations, please study up on your numbers know about the company. you field question from all 3 for a hour to a hour an half. know you sales know your customer score

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wilmington, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I was called for an interview, went in and the manager took forever to come to office. When he did sit down, he was disheveled and hurried. He did not give me a good first impression.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a job fair type event. Lots of people there, some dressed to impress, others in jeans. You had to place an application online and received a call from the company. They gave you an interview time and location. When I got there I did not wait long. Process was intense but pleasant. Made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I left my former employer to go where the cash was greener so to speak. I accepted the offer and waited for the background check to clear. After that I was contacted again with a time to come in to begin the paperwork. All and all a little time consuming but worth it for what they were offering.

Interview Questions

• What is your average GP% for the Seafood dept you run now?   1 Answer

Accounting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Matthews, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, Phone Interview a week later, Group Interview a week later, Accepted Position a week later while the hiring manager called my mobile phone. After drug test and background test I started working a couple weeks later.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Ashburn, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewer looked very uninterested, and was very rude throughout the process. Couldn't care less about the person being interviewed, literally in the middle of the interview starting chit-chatting with a friend.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Long process to get hired with Harris Teeter. You will be contacted several times and moved through the system as you complete interviews. The first will be with the regional recruiters and then will eventually move to the district manager of the area.

Interview Questions

• Described a time that you had a difficult customer that was not happy with their shopping experience and tell me how you help that customer and turned the situation around.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in November 2015.

Interview

Done through third party recruiter. They were great, very informative. Started with a preliminary call with recruiter and then one onsite interview with hiring manager and one other team member. That part was the easy, fast part.

Interview Questions

• All Technical questions, mostly irrelevant textbook style question drilling for an hour. No conversation or small talk.   Answer Question

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in April 2010.

Interview

Online application, very intense to say the least, was called in for an interview within two days.They were very interested in customer service, Then after the interview and tests they said they would call me about a drug tests.

Interview Questions

Recieved a better offer from my next interview.