Harris Teeter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

1.9

Meatcutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

it went great i answer all the questions they ask respectful like how would person walk in the store and couldn't find anything my answer i would them.

Interview Questions

• how well do you work with other people   1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Asked general questions to get a feel of who you are and if you are a hard worker. They ask about customer service experience and talk to about the training program.

Back-Up Scanning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview ever. After repeated emails and text messages from the corporate recruiter, telling me to be well prepared and enthusiastic, I walked into a vacant beauty shop store away from the HT store filled with folding chairs and HT employees who dressed like they were on their day off. The person I sat down with, was not enthusiastic about what she was doing and she acted like she had not conducted an interview before. I have dressed accordingly and was very cheerful and outgoing. The interviewer asked me what position I applied for and she asked about my experience in performing the duties of that position of Scanning Coordinator. After 2 minutes she explained the duties and expectations to me she said would I be interested in the backup scanning coordinators jib as there was no Scanning Coordinators position available. I specifically applied for the Scanning Coordinators position and reiterated that to the recruiter before I was invited to this interview. The back up scanning coordinators position was paying 9.35 to start.
    I politely declined and walked out of the interview. I spent 25 minutes getting to this interview and was very well prepared to spend more than 5 minutes!
    It was like I was interviewing for a clerk at a mom and pop retail store. So totally unprofessional. I will no longer shop at HT and will certainly tell other job seekers to stay as far away from them as poo\ssible!

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking for?   1 Answer

Grocery Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was horrible so unprofessional, I had a scheduled interview at 5:30pm I got there 10 minutes early and they acted like they didn't even want to interview me and then told me the position was already filled. So turned out to be a complete waste of time. I honestly felt discriminated against.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Newport News, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I called the store near where I live when I am at college and asked if they were hiring for cashier positions. I talked to the manager on duty and she instructed me to go on their website and apply.

I applied online and then I called back to let her know I applied. I did not hear anything after a few days so I called again and was informed that I should call when the hiring manager would be in. So I waited a day and called when I knew she would be there. The hiring manager told me when she would be looking at applications.

Instead of calling on that day, iI decided to drive over there and bring my resume into the store and meet the hiring manager. It was a good thing that I did because she took a look at my resume and interviewed me right on the spot.

We basically had a conversation about what the responsibilities would be and how things work and then she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harris Teeter   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was started at a higher pay rate because of the experience I already had as a cashier.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I was in high school volunteering @ the Harris Teeter in the Arboreteum for community service hours & the manager noticed my work ethic and seen something special in me & & gave me a chance. I've been there for 10 years now

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If your just looking for some pocket change this is a great company to work for, but take full advantage of the opportunities to advance and move If you plan on making a long run.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

My 1st interview was by phone. I was interviewed by Ashley Andes. The process was simple & I enjoyed talking with her. That was my first time doing a phone interview. Apparently, I impressed her; my second interview is tomorrow (face to face). I applied for 3 different positions. One those positions is mine. I already believe it & claimed it.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job openings?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took about a week and half I applied on Aug 2. And got on phone interview on Aug 5. Which was very easy and simple interview questions. Then was told to come in for a in person interview on Aug 11. I was very nervous I did not get the job then in about 15 mins I have received a email stating I'm hired and gave me a offer to see if I accept the job and pay rate and have to go through a background check!! It also states I will start Aug 25. Or sooner!! I'm waiting on my backroad check to clear then hopefully I can go to training very soon!

Part Time Floral Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (New Bern, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

"Interviewed" at a hiring event for a new location being built. I talked to 3 people in about 2 minutes because I kept getting handed off to someone else.It was very unprofessional to be interviewed in a room with 10 other people also being interviewed. It seemed they really had no interest in my skills just that I'd be able to be a cashier when not doing floral work (I know I'd get stuck cashiering all the time) and I needed to be able to work any day. I specifically told the phone interviewer that I could only work certain days and she said it would be no problem so I drove 40 minutes to the Harris Teeter they were doing the interviews in and was told no we need you at any time on any day. It's quite clear Harris Teeter has no problem wasting people's time. I used to shop at Harris Teeter but this experience has really put me off and I'll be going to the new Publix across the street from now on because it's clear they don't value people unless you're handing them money.

PT Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application, emailed soon after for interview, and was hired on the spot. Interview process was quick and effortless. Took only about one week to get through process. The interview was one on one and involved the standard interview questions