Harris Teeter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

1.9

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Greenville, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, not very lengthy., did not feel pressured or very strict. Discussed prior experience and other companies procedures and how I could change or improve. One of the easier interviews I have experienced but I also applied with a good deal of prior work history relevant to my desired position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this company over "x"amount of years.   1 Answer

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Fulton, MD).

Interview

Applied online via the Harris Teeter website. Called back after 3 days. Spoke with an assistant manager. Got an interview the next day. Went in for the interview. It was a 1:1 with the store director.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and I think a week later I got a call for an interview. I actually applied to 2 stores and interviewed at the second store 2 days after. I found out later that this is a no-no at Harris Teeter. You can only work at one store at a time and once you get an offer for one store, you cant accept a second offer, even if you reject the first, or some nonsense, which is too bad because the second store saw my experience and potential and offered me 75cents per hour more. A good bump.

Anyway, I first got a phone call to set up an interview time and they asked some questions, like a mini interview. No big deal there.
    At the interview I was asked the usual questions, but its been awhile, I cant remember them. Its a low level job so you shouldnt have any problems. They hire all kinds of people, even those that can barely do the job.

Though I originally applied for 1 position, but they asked me to apply online to another position that they wanted me to work on. So after the interview I did, and I got an offer I believe 3 days later.
    Once I accepted the offer, you have the dreaded wait while they do a background check. I wasnt worried about it, just irritated that it takes 2 weeks and you feel like you cant do anything else and your life is on hold for 2 weeks work-wise.

Once the background check was completed, they called me and asked me when I can start.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2016.

Interview

First had a phone interview with a awesome recruiter so nice. Then I met someone at there home office then district manager all great people. Had an offer for Assistant Customer Service Mgr in which I had to turn down because I needed more money then they seen what they can do and set me up an interview with the VP. Good guy nice interview

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Norfolk, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had two managers interviewing me one at a time. The first one was lady that only asked one question. The other was a guy that took like ten minutes to even get there to interview me. Asked basically the same questions and I thought I did well. Was asked really silly questions considering the job I was applying for. Even looked at as if my responses were stupid. Even though the manager repeated basically what I said back to me. Just really annoying.

Part-time Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

First, after the application was submitted I completed an extensive pre-interview questionaire. It was timed and consisted of 69 questions. Some involved mathematics and others dealt with personality and leadership. Then a telephone interview was scheduled. This lasted approximately 10 minutes and a background check was run while I was on the phone. Lastly, a personal interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• One question was 'why do you want to work for Harris Teeter'?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day from a recruiter with a link to complete a "pre recorded online video interview" within 3 days. I had to use a web cam and it was a little awkward taping myself answering 5 questions. The questions popped up and you were given 60 seconds to read them and prepare an answer before recording started, and you could not redo your answer. Each question had a time limit of ~1-4 minutes. I followed up the following Monday and was told I would be contacted if I qualified... I unfortunately did not hear back, possibly because I am a recent graduate, I was nervous with the format of having to watch myself, and I spoke really fast because of the timer countdown on the screen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose retail Pharmacy?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Harris Teeter over of community pharmacies?   Answer Question
    • What would your last employer/teacher say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were involved in a difficult situation/conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2016.

Interview

I'm going to preface this by saying that I had worked for the company previously, left, then applied again. I applied online for the produce clerk position, received a call the next day, briefly answered some questions about why I was leaving my current job and whatnot. At the end of the call we arranged a time for an Interview in person. At the in person interview I met the manager whom I had spoke with on the phone and he had brought me to an office. Basically he just looked at the documents and reminded himself of who I was, then he said he was going to give me a job offer, citing how I had worked for the company before and that this the interview mostly just a "wellness check"

Quick note for all who might be wondering, Harris Teeter drug tests, although instead of doing it at your orientation or interview, the drug test takes place randomly within first 90 days of employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real room, was just told that I would be offered "the highest allowable rate"

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The supervisor was very nice and she asked good questions. She was very positive and encouraging as this is my first job interview and job. I was hired that day.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Harris Teeter?   1 Answer

Meatcutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

it went great i answer all the questions they ask respectful like how would person walk in the store and couldn't find anything my answer i would them.

Interview Questions

• how well do you work with other people   1 Answer