Harris Teeter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

1.9

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

It was super easy and the management were friendly. I really liked the atmosphere and the interview questions were totally easy. I think the managers don't really care about your values they only want you to finish job and that's it.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in this location?   1 Answer

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Went in and asked to speak to the manager. They said they would give me a call to set up an interview within that week. After a few days they called me to come in for an interview and I came in dressed in business casual attire. I met some of the managers and workers and began the interview.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you went out of the way to help someone   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Interview

Comfortable, friendly didn't ask many questions. I just kept calling asking for a job until they hired me. Then there was a week of computer training and a background check.

Store Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later. Came in for an interview with 2 managers who were pretty friendly and was told a run down of the position. Not many questions asked, told me they'd give me a call back. I ended up calling them and was told they'd like to offer me a job. Had to consent for a background check, once that came in I took a drug test in store. Signed paper work & began training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked what I made at my previous job and gave me close to that. Considering their pay scale I thought what they offered was good.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Ashburn, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions, got offered the job and waited for 3 weeks for the background check to go thru and by that time I already had two other offers. It is unfortunate that the background check took so long and I know the staff there is frustrated with it.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Starbucks Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I arrived about ten minutes early and was led down to the staff break room to wait for my interview. Most of the people there were other workers and there was one other person interviewing. The TV was on and it was very distracting. I had to wait a really long time for my interview - the other person went in first, and my interviewer said the delay was because she was eating her lunch... the whole thing seemed rather unprofessional to me. When I finally went in, I was surprised that the interviews were in the same room. I was sitting right next to the guy who went in before me, and it was difficult to focus with another interview right next to me.

My interviewer writes slowly, so there were lots of breaks in between my answers and the next question while she was writing my answers down. I did not like that I could hear the other interview going on. My interviewer seemed to be acting unprofessional at moments to see if I would respond in an unprofessional way, which I expected but did not like. The interview took a really long time - I didn't leave the store until 2:30 for my 1:00 interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude customer?   Answer Question
    • Harris Teeter gives raises based on a merit system. Do you think this is fair?   Answer Question

Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online , got a call for first interview, then after that I got a second interview with the district manager.
    I got a call the next with a job offer follow by an email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary.

Harris Teeter Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

I just kept coming in asking for a job until they hired me. Then there was a week of computer training and a background check. There was also I personality test. Most of the question were pretty unremarkable.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

One interview where they ask your previous job history. Then they'll call you back if you were a good fit and start with the drug testing and training. The interview was with the customer service manager and she is the one who started and finished the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harris Teeter?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Went to interview, was hired on the spot by the general manager, negotiated wage, was checked for background check. Got an email a week later to report for hiring paperwork

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions, what are your strengths and weaknesses, how you see yourself in the company and what goals do you have. very easy   Answer Question