Harris Teeter Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

1.9

169 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Very quick interview process. It began with a 5 minute phone interview where they asked me a single question. Then there was an in person interview which lasted 20 minutes, mostly regarding my previous work experience. I was offered the job on the spot and then went straight to take a drug test and accept the job offer. This was done as part of a hiring event where most candidates I saw were hired for various positions.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward. Interviewer was very friendly and positive. I did my best to project my love of food and the interviewer very quickly picked up on this. From that point on, the entire interview was a breeze!

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Super relaxed and friendly. Very personable and you could relate to the people there easily. First interview was very easy and I laughed a lot! They make jokes about being late and everything. Highly suggest!

Interview Questions

• How is your school schedule looking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

They had me walk in and they asked me what my availability was. Wasn't even really an interview. They did use a background check though. They also made me do a drug test

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Getting a simple job like a stock clerk should not be anywhere near this difficult. After completing the online application and the company's online assessment, I was invited for an interview with the store manager at the location where I would be working. The interview itself was not difficult, and was I given a conditional job offer (based upon my passing a background check and drug test) at the end of the interview. The background check took over a week for HT to complete, and I was asked to come to the store for a drug test. At this time, I met the man who would be my direct supervisor (who I had not met at my interview). He asked me to produce my driver's license for identification purposes before giving me the drug test . He said it would take about a day to get the results back, and that I could probably start working that Wednesday. When I didn't hear anything back the following day, I called the store on Wednesday to find out the status of my drug test. The man who administered the test was off that day, so my call was given to the store manager. He said he didn't know anything about my drug test, and would have to ask someone else and call me back. He didn't call me back - not that day, not the next day, or the day after that. No one from the store called me back. I know I could not have failed the drug test because I don't use drugs and never have. I couldn't help but wonder if the sudden lack of interest in hiring me had anything to do with the man who would have been my boss realizing my age (by my showing him my driver's license). Just about everyone in that store, with the exception of the store manager, a woman at the customer service desk and the man who gave me the drug test, looked like they were under 25. I'm over 50. Perhaps my future boss didn't think I'd fit in with the rest of the employees? At any rate, it took an entire month after my initial interview before the store manager finally called and left me a voicemail asking me to call him back. In my view, if someone really wants you to work for them, they'll get you working as quickly as possible. Having to wait an entire month to start working in such a simple job as a stock clerk was not a good sign in my opinion.
    After this happened, I was shopping at another local HT store one day and asked the young cashier there who was ringing up my purchase how long it took him to start working after his interview for his job. He told me it took two weeks. Like I said, if someone really wants you to work for them, they'll get you working as quickly as possible and won't be dragging their feet through the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC).

Interview

The online application was not too long and the interview was not difficult. It felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. We discussed the duties of being a personal shopper for a lot of the time.

Interview Questions

• Why did yo up choose to apply to Harris Teeter?   1 Answer
    • As a personal shopper, are you willing to help out at the cash registers from time to time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Very easy. More of just telling me what the duties of the job were. Said they would call me the next day and they called 2days later for me to accept offer and agree to background check. (which was sent through email)

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leland, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Leland, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Fantastic interview. It was professional, but friendly. Very informative. A positive experience. It was relatively informal, in a good way. My interviewer was very likeable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have?   1 Answer

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted application online. Called within 2 days. Went in for interview with Manager. Pleasant. He called me after 2 days and said I needed to return to do a "bench test". Offered position.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my current position   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple they asked me what clubs I was in at school then they asked the store of my choice and my availability. Then I accepted my offer (but for another position) and took a drug test, everybody got in a left pretty quickly.