Harris Teeter Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

1.9

Part-time Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

First, after the application was submitted I completed an extensive pre-interview questionaire. It was timed and consisted of 69 questions. Some involved mathematics and others dealt with personality and leadership. Then a telephone interview was scheduled. This lasted approximately 10 minutes and a background check was run while I was on the phone. Lastly, a personal interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• One question was 'why do you want to work for Harris Teeter'?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day from a recruiter with a link to complete a "pre recorded online video interview" within 3 days. I had to use a web cam and it was a little awkward taping myself answering 5 questions. The questions popped up and you were given 60 seconds to read them and prepare an answer before recording started, and you could not redo your answer. Each question had a time limit of ~1-4 minutes. I followed up the following Monday and was told I would be contacted if I qualified... I unfortunately did not hear back, possibly because I am a recent graduate, I was nervous with the format of having to watch myself, and I spoke really fast because of the timer countdown on the screen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose retail Pharmacy?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Harris Teeter over of community pharmacies?   Answer Question
    • What would your last employer/teacher say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were involved in a difficult situation/conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The supervisor was very nice and she asked good questions. She was very positive and encouraging as this is my first job interview and job. I was hired that day.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Harris Teeter?   1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Asked general questions to get a feel of who you are and if you are a hard worker. They ask about customer service experience and talk to about the training program.

Back-Up Scanning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview ever. After repeated emails and text messages from the corporate recruiter, telling me to be well prepared and enthusiastic, I walked into a vacant beauty shop store away from the HT store filled with folding chairs and HT employees who dressed like they were on their day off. The person I sat down with, was not enthusiastic about what she was doing and she acted like she had not conducted an interview before. I have dressed accordingly and was very cheerful and outgoing. The interviewer asked me what position I applied for and she asked about my experience in performing the duties of that position of Scanning Coordinator. After 2 minutes she explained the duties and expectations to me she said would I be interested in the backup scanning coordinators jib as there was no Scanning Coordinators position available. I specifically applied for the Scanning Coordinators position and reiterated that to the recruiter before I was invited to this interview. The back up scanning coordinators position was paying 9.35 to start.
    I politely declined and walked out of the interview. I spent 25 minutes getting to this interview and was very well prepared to spend more than 5 minutes!
    It was like I was interviewing for a clerk at a mom and pop retail store. So totally unprofessional. I will no longer shop at HT and will certainly tell other job seekers to stay as far away from them as poo\ssible!

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking for?   1 Answer

Grocery Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was horrible so unprofessional, I had a scheduled interview at 5:30pm I got there 10 minutes early and they acted like they didn't even want to interview me and then told me the position was already filled. So turned out to be a complete waste of time. I honestly felt discriminated against.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I was in high school volunteering @ the Harris Teeter in the Arboreteum for community service hours & the manager noticed my work ethic and seen something special in me & & gave me a chance. I've been there for 10 years now

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If your just looking for some pocket change this is a great company to work for, but take full advantage of the opportunities to advance and move If you plan on making a long run.

Part Time Floral Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (New Bern, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

"Interviewed" at a hiring event for a new location being built. I talked to 3 people in about 2 minutes because I kept getting handed off to someone else.It was very unprofessional to be interviewed in a room with 10 other people also being interviewed. It seemed they really had no interest in my skills just that I'd be able to be a cashier when not doing floral work (I know I'd get stuck cashiering all the time) and I needed to be able to work any day. I specifically told the phone interviewer that I could only work certain days and she said it would be no problem so I drove 40 minutes to the Harris Teeter they were doing the interviews in and was told no we need you at any time on any day. It's quite clear Harris Teeter has no problem wasting people's time. I used to shop at Harris Teeter but this experience has really put me off and I'll be going to the new Publix across the street from now on because it's clear they don't value people unless you're handing them money.

PT Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application, emailed soon after for interview, and was hired on the spot. Interview process was quick and effortless. Took only about one week to get through process. The interview was one on one and involved the standard interview questions

Home Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed twice with both the manager and a customer service manager. Short interview with few questions asked and minimal job duty description. This should have told me something. Basically they were looking for a body.