Harris Teeter Produce Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

Interview was very unprofessional. Hiring manager kept pulling out her phone but overall questions were very easy and i got hired on the spot. They also ask a lot of interview questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harris Teeter

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and I think a week later I got a call for an interview. I actually applied to 2 stores and interviewed at the second store 2 days after. I found out later that this is a no-no at Harris Teeter. You can only work at one store at a time and once you get an offer for one store, you cant accept a second offer, even if you reject the first, or some nonsense, which is too bad because the second store saw my experience and potential and offered me 75cents per hour more. A good bump.

Anyway, I first got a phone call to set up an interview time and they asked some questions, like a mini interview. No big deal there.
    At the interview I was asked the usual questions, but its been awhile, I cant remember them. Its a low level job so you shouldnt have any problems. They hire all kinds of people, even those that can barely do the job.

Though I originally applied for 1 position, but they asked me to apply online to another position that they wanted me to work on. So after the interview I did, and I got an offer I believe 3 days later.
    Once I accepted the offer, you have the dreaded wait while they do a background check. I wasnt worried about it, just irritated that it takes 2 weeks and you feel like you cant do anything else and your life is on hold for 2 weeks work-wise.

Once the background check was completed, they called me and asked me when I can start.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in September 2016.

Interview

I'm going to preface this by saying that I had worked for the company previously, left, then applied again. I applied online for the produce clerk position, received a call the next day, briefly answered some questions about why I was leaving my current job and whatnot. At the end of the call we arranged a time for an Interview in person. At the in person interview I met the manager whom I had spoke with on the phone and he had brought me to an office. Basically he just looked at the documents and reminded himself of who I was, then he said he was going to give me a job offer, citing how I had worked for the company before and that this the interview mostly just a "wellness check"

Quick note for all who might be wondering, Harris Teeter drug tests, although instead of doing it at your orientation or interview, the drug test takes place randomly within first 90 days of employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real room, was just told that I would be offered "the highest allowable rate"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

My 1st interview was by phone. I was interviewed by Ashley Andes. The process was simple & I enjoyed talking with her. That was my first time doing a phone interview. Apparently, I impressed her; my second interview is tomorrow (face to face). I applied for 3 different positions. One those positions is mine. I already believe it & claimed it.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job openings?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took about a week and half I applied on Aug 2. And got on phone interview on Aug 5. Which was very easy and simple interview questions. Then was told to come in for a in person interview on Aug 11. I was very nervous I did not get the job then in about 15 mins I have received a email stating I'm hired and gave me a offer to see if I accept the job and pay rate and have to go through a background check!! It also states I will start Aug 25. Or sooner!! I'm waiting on my backroad check to clear then hopefully I can go to training very soon!

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

I applied online and almost immediately had a phone interview scheduled. The whole process took about a week. Over the phone they were helpful in letting me know what to expect for the in person interview. The interview was very relaxed and mainly about background and what to expect in the position I was interviewing for.

Produce Clerk Interview

Interview

Comfortable, friendly didn't ask many questions. I just kept calling asking for a job until they hired me. Then there was a week of computer training and a background check.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. Started with a quick five or ten minute phone interview. It then went to an in person interview with one of the store managers where standard interview questions were asked. After that I was offered a position pending a background check and drug screening.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Mount Pleasant, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

It was very slow moving and disorganized. It took a much longer period of time to hear back from management regarding my possible employment than is even considered average for such a basic level position. The computer system that was being used in order to process my application was basically garbage and honestly I had to resubmit my application multiple times. I was pretty unsatisfied.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied and received a phone call several days later for an interview. I arrived to the store and was surprised the hiring manager was not available. I spoke with he store director for a brief moment. . Was asked where I could worked and answered any department. Was given job immediately. The whole process