Harris Teeter Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

1.8

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The supervisor was very nice and she asked good questions. She was very positive and encouraging as this is my first job interview and job. I was hired that day.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Harris Teeter?   1 Answer

Back-Up Scanning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview ever. After repeated emails and text messages from the corporate recruiter, telling me to be well prepared and enthusiastic, I walked into a vacant beauty shop store away from the HT store filled with folding chairs and HT employees who dressed like they were on their day off. The person I sat down with, was not enthusiastic about what she was doing and she acted like she had not conducted an interview before. I have dressed accordingly and was very cheerful and outgoing. The interviewer asked me what position I applied for and she asked about my experience in performing the duties of that position of Scanning Coordinator. After 2 minutes she explained the duties and expectations to me she said would I be interested in the backup scanning coordinators jib as there was no Scanning Coordinators position available. I specifically applied for the Scanning Coordinators position and reiterated that to the recruiter before I was invited to this interview. The back up scanning coordinators position was paying 9.35 to start.
    I politely declined and walked out of the interview. I spent 25 minutes getting to this interview and was very well prepared to spend more than 5 minutes!
    It was like I was interviewing for a clerk at a mom and pop retail store. So totally unprofessional. I will no longer shop at HT and will certainly tell other job seekers to stay as far away from them as poo\ssible!

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking for?   1 Answer

Grocery Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Wake Forest, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was horrible so unprofessional, I had a scheduled interview at 5:30pm I got there 10 minutes early and they acted like they didn't even want to interview me and then told me the position was already filled. So turned out to be a complete waste of time. I honestly felt discriminated against.

PT Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application, emailed soon after for interview, and was hired on the spot. Interview process was quick and effortless. Took only about one week to get through process. The interview was one on one and involved the standard interview questions

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Holly Springs, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Harris Teeter will hire anyone because they are desperate for employees. If you can get past the psychological evaluation, you will get hired. You might need to lie about how you would actually respond to situations to pass the exam.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harris Teeter?   1 Answer

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Cary, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an email for a 5 min. interview that gave me a time for the main interview at a hiring event. I went there and had a 1 on 1 interview and she basically just described the job, the process (background check, etc.) I would go through after I got hired and offered me the job there.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

It was super easy and the management were friendly. I really liked the atmosphere and the interview questions were totally easy. I think the managers don't really care about your values they only want you to finish job and that's it.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in this location?   1 Answer

Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online , got a call for first interview, then after that I got a second interview with the district manager.
    I got a call the next with a job offer follow by an email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary.

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Morrisville, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point. They asked if I knew what the position was and how many hours I was available for. They were very accommodating for High School/College students.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the position?   1 Answer
    • Tell me three characteristics/attributes that make you unique as an employee.   1 Answer

Meat Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Holly Springs, NC).

Interview

Applied online, was called in for an interview about a week later. Sat down with the store director and was asked typical interview questions. Was very easy to get along with management from the start. A week later they called me in for my swab test and a week after that I was called in to start my computer training.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is most important while working for Harris Teeter.   1 Answer