Harris Teeter Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.1

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a 5-minute interview over the phone and was invited to participate in an in-person interview scheduled for two days later. It the in-person interview I was ask many behavioral questions to which I thought I answered well. The manage that interviewed me told me to stick around and speak to another manager. That's when it all went down hill. The manager came and called my name, said his name and then said, "tell me about yourself". There was to preface to the question and I must say I was caught off guard by his coldness. I told them I could work 5 out of 7 days overnight (with the caveat that I could be flexible). He hardly looked at me and just said, "oh you can't work two days"... I was quite put off. I've been a recruiter and have never treated an interviewee like this. Thinking that the job was promising after my first interview, he continued to explain, "we have a lot of applicants, well give you a call". This has been the worst interview I ever had. I was quite disappointed because I felt as if he had no type of interview skills and was looking for a way not to hiring me. I plan on making a compliant because I did feel disrespected. Though things happen for a reason so I am glad that I do not have to work in a store with this guy as the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and I think a week later I got a call for an interview. I actually applied to 2 stores and interviewed at the second store 2 days after. I found out later that this is a no-no at Harris Teeter. You can only work at one store at a time and once you get an offer for one store, you cant accept a second offer, even if you reject the first, or some nonsense, which is too bad because the second store saw my experience and potential and offered me 75cents per hour more. A good bump.

Anyway, I first got a phone call to set up an interview time and they asked some questions, like a mini interview. No big deal there.
    At the interview I was asked the usual questions, but its been awhile, I cant remember them. Its a low level job so you shouldnt have any problems. They hire all kinds of people, even those that can barely do the job.

Though I originally applied for 1 position, but they asked me to apply online to another position that they wanted me to work on. So after the interview I did, and I got an offer I believe 3 days later.
    Once I accepted the offer, you have the dreaded wait while they do a background check. I wasnt worried about it, just irritated that it takes 2 weeks and you feel like you cant do anything else and your life is on hold for 2 weeks work-wise.

Once the background check was completed, they called me and asked me when I can start.

Meatcutter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Alexandria, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

it went great i answer all the questions they ask respectful like how would person walk in the store and couldn't find anything my answer i would them.

Interview Questions

• how well do you work with other people   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

My 1st interview was by phone. I was interviewed by Ashley Andes. The process was simple & I enjoyed talking with her. That was my first time doing a phone interview. Apparently, I impressed her; my second interview is tomorrow (face to face). I applied for 3 different positions. One those positions is mine. I already believe it & claimed it.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job openings?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took about a week and half I applied on Aug 2. And got on phone interview on Aug 5. Which was very easy and simple interview questions. Then was told to come in for a in person interview on Aug 11. I was very nervous I did not get the job then in about 15 mins I have received a email stating I'm hired and gave me a offer to see if I accept the job and pay rate and have to go through a background check!! It also states I will start Aug 25. Or sooner!! I'm waiting on my backroad check to clear then hopefully I can go to training very soon!

Seafood Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Called today an was told to come in tomorrow to finish my paper work, all together it took about 3weeks .(06/23/16) to (07/07/16) an 4 interviews with the store manager /director,gm, co manager...

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Harris teeter   1 Answer

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Bowie, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I waited in a hotel lobby for my interview no more than five minutes. I was brought into a room with multiple interviews going on and it was just my luck my interview was at the same table as another. the women who intervsiewed me did not acknowledge me for about five minutes as she was talking to the other interviewer and interviewee. When she finally acknowledged me she looked over my application and says oh we already filled that position (as if she wasn't going to interview me) I proceeded to ask her what other positions were open and she replies all of them. I ask her about the cashier position she says we have enough of those, so i asked her again what is open. overall she did not pay me any attention and I felt like I waisted my time.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Bethesda, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

A lengthy and multiple interviewers, when the position was not available. The position was posted and the recruiter called me about the poition to find out after I went to the interview that the position gets posted but is not filled. It does not exist. Its there way of filling slots for their job fair

Interview Questions

• It was less about questions and answers then the interviewers boasting about the amount of work they do in the store   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Bowie, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Very professional setting. I arrived 15 minutes early and signed in. I was told that there was an interviewer who was free right now and could take me even though I was scheduled for a later time. The interview room was filled with about 20 managers/assistant managers from different stores. After talking to him, he said I would be a good fit and talked about getting me hired on the spot. He then told me to wait as he went to get the manager from the store I wanted to work at. After speaking with the manager at the store I was applying to, he offered me a job in the produce department. I accepted and I will be starting once the new store opens.

Bakery/Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Gaithersburg, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a new store opening, so there were a lot of one-on-one interviews occurring in the same room.

The interviewer that I was lucky enough to speak with was exceedingly unprofessional. Two words into the first question and his eyes are darting around the room, painfully disinterested. I could tell the interview wasn't going to go anywhere from the moment I sat down. Perhaps I didn't pass an initial visual inspection despite the fact that I was the only interviewee there who actually dressed business casual.

I've interviewed people before. I know that even if you know right away that you're not going to hire them, you should at least possess the good graces to feign interest in what they're saying.

Interview Questions

• Why Harris Teeter?
      What are two of your biggest accomplishments?
      How do you deal with people that don't like you?   Answer Question