Harrods Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.8

Stock Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

i applied online. i passed the first stage which is a questionary, two weeks later they invited me to record a video interview, i passed that and i have been invited to a line manager interview.
    The interview went very good to my opinion, and i was asked to answer questions about diffcult situations or how do i make priorities etc....but eventually the manager came up offering me a job that wasnt as stock controller but as customer service in the pantry department. I wasn't very happy with that and the recruiter noticed. And i think that was the rison why i didnt receive any offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then answer 18 questions about costumer service experience and after 4 days they send me a mail and invite to a video interview. It took me 10 minutes

Interview Questions

• 1. Availability
      2. Previous experience
      3. Why Harrods
      4. Working for Harrods before

Harrods Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

After competency based questionnaire online and video interview, followed the 1:1 interview in Harrods office. Must wear very formal, but interview itself was very informal, very chilled, simple questions about previous experience, customer service skills (going extra mile, dealing with difficult clients etc.). Lasted about 30 min.

Buyers Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to a line manager interview which consisted of presenting a swot analysis about the department I was applying for. Then a few competency questions and my interest in the job. Had to do a short maths test and talk about my experience and how it relates to the job e.g. what I had done in previous jobs that I will need.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond what was expected
      What do you know about the role
      How do you prioritise your time

Xmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first stage was an online questionnaire which is pretty straight forward. I then got invited to a video interview which had 8 questions. I got invited to an assessment centre where there were about 15 of us in total. Over there each person had to briefly speak about themselves and harrods in front of everyone. There was then a group exercise again about Harrods eg what customers expect and what new idea could you introduce to Harrods. There was then a role play with one of the assessors where you had to sell an alternative product to a customer as the original product was out of stock. Lastly was a 30 second sales pitch of a product they give you.

Interview Questions

• Q Why Harrods? What Department do you like best? Example of when you offered excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Luxury Beauty Retail Interview

Application

Interview

Harrods use a very strict and detailed job application and interview process for roles at all levels.
    You will first be asked to complete an online application (and to upload your CV) From this successful applicants will complete a telephone interview where you are asked questions relating to the experience you recorded on your application.
    If you pass this round you will be invited to the Harrods assessment centre to complete group and individual interview sessions.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online on their website and was contacted the following day with an invitation to an interview. It was a brief discussion of my CV, then some brief questions about my availability over the Christmas period. General questions such as why do I want to work here, where abouts I live and how I would get to and from work. Nothing too much.

Christmas Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with agency first. then, attending a half day assessment centre. It had three parts. A presentation. Following with group discussion on the scenario provided. end with one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Your understanding of magic customer service.
      If there is a customer left by your college, what will you do?
      Your example of providing magic customer service.

Christmas Temporary Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Submit an online application, followed by psychometric questions. If successful you're invited for a video interview. The next step is an interview with recruiters at Harrods in London. You'll have to show your team-work attitude through presentations, group games and role play. Once it's done you'll have to wait few days to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Why Harrods?? Motivation, Ambition...
      - Group Games
      - Role Play

Christmas Temporary Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

First had to complete online interview which was fairly straight forwards. Then received an invitation to a video interview the next day which involved 30 seconds prep for each question. I received an invitation to the assessment centre an hour after completion of the video interview