Harrods Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.8

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Christmas Temporary Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through indeed, got invited for a video interview, then an interview with an assistant manager. The day after my second interview I got called with an offer of employment and asked when I was available to work. I had to attend a two day compulsory induction.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you provided exceptional customer service   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked at Harrods before?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this department?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved their problem   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I went through the application part, it was easy. You just add your cv, ask was languages you can speak etc. Then you have an online assessment, and I found that easy. Imagine, I’ve never worked for a retail company apart from a little independent shop and I passed the assessment. Just remember, the customer always comes first. I passed the assessment and they requested me to do a video interview. I was going to do the video interview but I didn’t do it. These are the questions that I can remember from the online assessment

Interview Questions

• You’re with a customer and they’re trying on an expensive watch, another customer comes and says they ordered something and they have come to pick it up. What do you do   1 Answer

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to complete a video interview online. Told me to prepare reading about harrods and why I would be suitable for the role. The video interview gives a certain amount of time to answer each questions but only once, they do give a practice interview question to see how you look on camera.

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online via the Harrods website which required some personal details, then took an initial questionnaire about different scenarios all relating to customer service, and what I would do in the various situations.

Within a few days, I received an email with a link to complete a video interview which consisted of several standard questions.

After around 1.5 weeks, I was then invited to attend their group assessment centre where there were around 10 other candidates. The group assessment was enjoyable which started with an introduction of the company, list of staff benefits, then went straight into an icebreaker activity to introduce ourselves one by one including our favourite department at Harrods. We then broke up into groups where there was an assessor on each table, observing and taking notes on our discussion as a group as each person took turns to contribute their answer. There were several scenarios we had to discuss as a group which took up the longest portion of the assessment centre.

Finally, we were assigned with the individual task to talk about a time when we had to provide exceptional service to a customer with efficiency, which was followed by a short 1:1 interview around my experience, passion for Harrods and customer service.

Overall, it was a very interactive and fun learning experience - and one that was well organised and efficiently run.

Interview Questions

• What draws you to Harrods and how do you see yourself sharing this passion with other colleagues?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Introduction of Harrods culture for 10 mins.
     Then introduction yourself: your name, work experience, the thing you like to do.
    2 group interviews for 30mins: how to provide unique experience?
    1 individual face-to-face interview for 10 mins.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was called a little over a week later and had a quick phone interview. Was then asked to come in for a group assessment. In the group assessment, there were a total of 4 managers and assistant managers and an HR person that were taking notes. They were really nice so it wasn't too intimidating. We were asked questions and were given a few short tasks/presentations that we had to do individually. We were also given a few tasks/presentations that we did as groups. Overall I had a pretty good experience with this interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced great customer service.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have had a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • You have 1 minute to think of how to sell an item that is given to you and 30 seconds to present to the group how you would sell this item.   Answer Question

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online, and was invited to do a video interview, this involved answering 6 questions such as avaliability, previous job role, customer experience skills etc. Within 4 days i recieved an email stating that I was successful and was invited to the AC for a group interview. The AC was definitely easier than I expected! We worked in a group of 4 and discussed 4 situations together while the assessors watched us and made notes. We were then called individually for a one on one interview with the assessor, this included roughly 7/8 questions. I was quite nervous and did trip up on my words, but I tried my best to answer the questions as best as possible. I recieved a phone call 5 days later with an offer to work in womenswear. Definitely prepare your answers to these questions before you start your interview. Goodluck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have given magical customer service
      What is your work experience?
      What do you love doing?
      What passion can you share about Harrods with the customers?
      How can you deliver quality customer service while being time efficient?
      What is your favourite department in Harrods?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was put forward by the brand for a Store Approval interview. I supposed to be contacted within 3 working days now over 2 weeks latter still no respond. I have tried to call several times nobody picks up ever it just say we are experiencing high call volume, so please email us etc. I have emailed several times also with no respond. I understand that they are very busy but at least they can email you back 2 weeks is more then enough to sand you a standard email that you have been unsuccessful rather then keeping you in the dark, and keep you waiting. Also interview was not even dressed smart or looked like she works for Harrods.

Interview Questions

Harrods Response

Oct 19, 2017 – Store Approvals Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
    I am sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to your expectations. I would very much like to speak to you about your experience in... More

Transaction Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Online application, video interview, face to face.
    Such a joke, interviewers were late. I was interviewed in a loud, busy area so I could barely hear anyone and feedback was just ridiculous. Could've saved time by actually reading my CV properly

Interview Questions

Harrods Response

Aug 21, 2017 – Resourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value your feedback and are disappointed that your interview experience did not live up to expectation.
    We want our line managers to ensure a... More

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

video interview followed by face to face interview

The video interview involved videoing yourself via your webcam and answering a set questions, as opposed to a skype interview. In an automated email after this I was told it would take about 10 days to hear back. For me it was closer to 20 when I got invited to an interview the week after.
    In email correspondences for this, I was told the face to face interview would be competency based and last roughly 45minutes. It was neither of these. The interview lasted about 20minutes and it wasn't competency based leaving me feeling a little nervous as I had prepared for that type of interview technique. As I was shown out the interviewer said that I'd hear from them within a week as to whether I had been successful or not.
    I waited a week and heard nothing back, so I chose to wait another week in case the process was just a little slow like it had been before the face to face interview. After this second week, I emailed and received a reply from recruitment saying they'd chase it up. Another week on and it had not been followed up so I emailed again, this time I was completely ignored and even now have not had any response (about 2 months on). Of course, now I have assumed the worst but I do find it a little disappointing that one of the 'UK's best employers' can't even send out a quick email to say thanks but you haven't been successful etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself....
      Why PR? / What experience do you have?
      What do you know about Harrods as an employer?
      What Lifestyle and Fashion bloggers and social media accounts do you follow?   Answer Question