Harrods Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.7

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I personally applied online through the Harrods website. You must first fill out your personal details and then complete an online situational judgement - this includes scenarios you are likely to face in your role as a sales associate at harrods. Once you pass, you are emailed details of an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harrods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was taken place in a big room with other people having interviews on their tables. The interview was taken by the department manager of Home Fragrances who looked very unprofessional i.e. no makeup and no smart clothing and one of the senior sales associates sat in the interview also, which I could say she did not look professional either! I was shocked at the standard of these 2 staff members knowing that harrods have a very respectable image

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you've had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (Hammersmith, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process is thoural and long but they go through many security checks,but when you have the patience and wait for processing,it's well worth it! I went into interview as a group inwhich I've never done before,but it made it comfortable and shows you how to work as a team. They have many different dept to work in,from maintenance to office. Harrods has something for everyone,great experience.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Harrods   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then answer 18 questions about costumer service experience and after 4 days they send me a mail and invite to a video interview. It took me 10 minutes

Interview Questions

• 1. Availability
      2. Previous experience
      3. Why Harrods
      4. Working for Harrods before   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harrods in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on the company website, filled in a questionary about how I would handle different situations at Harrods.
    After only a couple of hours I received an email saying that I was invited to complete a video interview. I prepared as well as possible and did it the following day. Basically you have to record yourself while you answer 7 very basic questions, most of them regarding your availability. They want to know if you are ready to start asap. You have 30 seconds to read the question and prepare, then it automatically starts to record, and you have one minute max to answer each question. Note that you can also keep it short - I wasn't sure if I could directly go to the next question before the one minute expired, so for the first question I just kept talking for a while saying a bit of irrelevant stuff before realising I could actually skip it. All in all a veeeery easy interview, no need to sweat it.
    After only one hour they sent me an email congratulating me as I was invited for a interview in London: I needed to book an assessment centre slot within 5 working days of receiving that email, as their system automatically removes applications after this time. The only available date at the moment was in only two days. Since I live in Italy it was really expensive for me to fly there in such a short time, and most of the flights were already fully booked. I emailed them asking for another date and they told me to wait until new slots became available. I did so, but no more slots came up, and after only 4 days the website showed that I had no invitations for interviews anymore.
    When I emailed them about the issue, they answered with the exact same email telling me to wait. Very helpful indeed. Now I guess the ship has sailed.
    I was really interested in this job and also willing to invest some good money to go for the interview and move to London in no time, but they need to be more flexible about the interview process - not only for international applicants but also for people who live in London who can be unavailable if they offer them only one date to book.

Interview Questions

• Do you confirm that you are available to work from October to January, Monday to Sunday?   Answer Question
    • What's your favourite department at Harrods?   Answer Question
    • Tell us of one time when you offered extraordinary service to a customer.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked at Harrods?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harrods.

Interview

Involves doing an application online, then doing the Situational judgement tests
    after that you get a email saying you passed or failed. After you passed you get to book a slot for a telephone interview which talks about your previous skills and motivation and also some competency questions thrown in too.

After you pass that you get a email to say you passed within a few days to a week and get to pick a slot for an assessment centre.

at the assessment centre theres around 12 other candidates that are also doing the assessment with you.

you need to present yourself and then do a small presentation as to why you want to work for Harrods and what their values are.

then you do a group exercise and need to think of good strategies for Harrods to grow and be able to adapt to new challenges.

then you do a role play with one of the assessors and you need to be able to convince them that you are able to persuade them to purchase a type of product that they initially didn't want

then you need to do the last exercise where you have to try to sell a product that they give to you and are given some preparation time to be able to try and sell it

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harrods?
      Why do you know about Harrods?
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harrods (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a christmas temp job October - December 2016. My application was processed and I was invited to video interview very quickly. Following this, approximately a week later I was invited to interview with an assistant manager of the department i'd applied to work in at the store.

Video Interview questions were as expected - my motivations for working there. Presentation is key - make sure you dress for this as you would a face to face interview. Harrods are very keen on personal presentation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knightsbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods (Knightsbridge, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Online questionnaire
    Video interview
    HR interview
    Sales floor manager interview
    The interview is fairly easy just know your brands ! Be creative! Research Harrods! Look luxurious for your interview
    Online questionnaire
    Video interview
    HR interview
    Sales floor manager interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knightsbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harrods (Knightsbridge, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Was a fairly easy process which involved a group interview. You had to tell everyone a bit about yourself and why you wanted to work for Harrods. Then you had to get into group and come up with an business idea that Harrods could implement. Then you were given a picture card with an item of clothing on it. You then had a minute to sell this product. Then you had to do a role play with a staff member where they would complain about something to see how you dealt with it

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Harrods?   1 Answer

Negotiation

To make sure you can work a lot of hours and all weekends

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harrods in May 2016.

Interview

First Stage - Interview with floor manager, information about concession given, standard interview questions asked. Phone call received 2 days later to tell me I could move on to the next stage.
    Second Stage - A "Harrods Approval" where they judged selling skills as well as your overall appropriateness for the store. Email 2 days later to give job offer and invite me to start onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• What three things do Harrods expect from their customer service?   1 Answer