Harte Hanks Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Through process is longer than usual. However, they do inform you over and over again about the job requirements. You will have to complete the application and test at home prior to the interview to save time. When you get there, after the regular interview, they will let you wire jack with one employee on site. If you feel comfortable with the job, they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Description one occasion when the customer was unreasonable and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Harte Hanks

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Walked in the door during one of their regular hiring events with a standard form filled out. I was interviewed briefly, approved, and then filled out all the legally required documents at a later date. You have to walk in to a urine testing facility to get the screening done on your own time within a few day's window.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer was mainly concerned with making sure I knew how to operate a computer and that I had an a nice personality. Making a personal connection seemed more important than the skill set. As long as you have previous experience to substantiate what you claim your skill level to be, it isn't likely to come under scrutiny.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX).

Interview

Fun, interactive, informative. It was a great experience over all. I interviewed 2 years ago and the interview process is completely different now. Whatever has changed weather supervisors or customers they are supporting I am a fan

Interview Questions

• where I see myself in 2 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I felt the interview process was very underwhelming and terse. There seemed to be no organization in collectively communicating the companies future vision for the job role. There wasn't much assurance given that the role would still be around 6 months or a year out. The questions were not applicable to the job either.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a deadline to complete but you weren't sure you were going to meet it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Langhorne, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter who said I'd be a great match. He asked me to come back in 2 hours to meet with a supervisor. I came back and waited almost 2 hours to be told they are too busy and short staffed.
    I was then scheduled the following week for my 2nd interview which was extremely easy. I took a 20 question written test about smart phones, can't remember the questions exactly but scored 100%.
    Immediately after that the recruiter took me back to another office for a spit drug test where
    I was left alone to spit in a cup. The who process took like 15 minutes.
    I was called back and told I was being hired on directly and to come in to fill out paperwork. That was the longest part of the whole process, a ridiculous amount of paperwork, I sat around a table with 6 other people filling it out.

Interview Questions

• Do you have knowledge of smartphones? Can you clear your browsers cookies/cache?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Show up dressed nice. Show that you care about how you look, and they will hire you there isnt much difficulty getting in the door if you take it upon yourself to leave your highschool drama at the door. The only con, is that working here can feel dehumanizing as they micromanage you and forbid you from doing anything other than reading or staring at the computer screen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

First they let me shadow a customer service representative to give me an idea about what the job would be like. After shadowing for about 30 minutes I was then given the interview. In my application I put that I did not want to work with frustrated customers. The interviewer challenged me on that and asked me why I thought I would be good at this job if I did not want to work with frustrated customers.

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Texarkana, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process was easy. You interview with one of the supervisor and they ask basic interview questions, you get a feel of what the job is like, most likely you know on the spot if you got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Mission, KS) in November 2011.

Interview

Position was sourced through a temp agency and went to full time when you began to meet performance standards. If you made it thru the first round, you interviewed with senior supervisors from the phone room.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a very displeased or angry customer.
      We expect availability for any schedule and no part - time jobs in addition to this one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very typical. Made sure you were availble when they needed you. Salary was not negotiated. take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Took a while to get an interview. Once you get in the door the process goes quickly. They asked alot of personal questions before professional questions. Left me in interview several times to do other things

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They low ball, so stay stern on what you need