Harte Hanks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harte Hanks Interview Questions

2.8

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume for the open position and received an email from the internal recruiter the following week. Had a phone interview with the recruiter the following week and she promptly followed up to schedule a phone interview with the hiring VP.

A few days before the call the recruiter sent me an email saying that the VP had a conflict and needed to reschedule. We then scheduled the VP phone interview for the following week. A few days before the call, the the recruiter sent me an email saying that the VP had a conflict and needed to reschedule. This went on for three weeks in a row and I finally told them I was no longer interested in the role.

Although Harte Hanks has a negative industry reputation, I gave them the benefit of doubt and they proved just how bad they are at attracting quality talent. The recruiter was very nice and apologetic, but the rescheduling experience was in excusable, especially when you're trying to attract VP level Fortune 500 talent.

Head of Contact Center Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harte Hanks in March 2016.

Interview

The process was very frustrating due to complete lack of communication and respect. Original interview set up through a headhunter never came through. Second interview with internal recruiter also did not happen, supposedly due to her thinking it was for the following day, even after she confirmed the day of the week, date and time. I took time off to be available for the confirmed date and time. When the recruiter never called, I emailed and called her to no avail. I followed up multiple times via email and voicemail with no return calls.

I finally got a response a week later, only after I had reached out through another site to a higher up to follow up on my interview.

When I did finally get an interview that went through, I was told the position needed a relocation. This was despite being told previously this could be a remote position.

Overall a very poor experience for a potential candidate.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Feasterville Trevose, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Series of 3 rounds of interviews in one day. Interviewed by 2 staff members during each round. Each round was about 30-40 minutes. They are confused as to whether they want a Business Analyst or Programmer. Perhaps they want one person to fulfill both roles!

Interview Questions

• Questions were primarily about technical skills. More interested in having candidate recite relational database theory than assessing the candidate's business analysis or systems analysis skills or experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, from Philippines, very difficult to understand her. I asked about the compensation and was advised they don't provide that information until later in the hiring process.... Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, easier to understand but also a heavy accent. The phone interview went well, the position was exactly what I was looking for and I felt I would be a good fit. Had over 3y analysis experience at the time of interview. 3rd interview was on-site, drove from Houston to Austin.

The building was older, in a questionable area. When I walked inside I was shocked at the flow of people coming in for CSR interviews dressed in street/club wear, completely unprofessional. I found out there was a call center on the lower floor for the company. Upstairs was dark, like they didn't have enough funds to maintain the lighting; and very unorganized. My interview consisted of a verbal one-on-one for 15m, an hour of reviewing a case study and then providing analysis on it, then approximately 20-30m of a review of the analysis.

Had issues getting Excel to work properly, it was discovered 30m into my allotted time it wasn't setup correctly. But I had already begun manually analyzing the data anyway. It was definitely not finished the way I would have been comfortable with presenting it, but presented to a sr business analyst on the team, the hiring manager, and his manager. They apparently expected me to just put the data into a chart and analyze the chart, they weren't impressed with my method and it was understandable. But they were condescending to the process I used to formulate the analysis. I had worked for a bad manager in the past, so I wasn't impressed with them and their methods either. I knew at that point it wasn't the place for me. Didn't receive any response back, no appreciation for my time or driving 3 hours out there. I looked up the salary on Glassdoor and found I wasn't missing anything.

Interview Questions

• What suggestion would you provide for the case study analyzed?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Grueling writing tests all conducted via email overtook any formal interview process. Providing massive amounts of "free" copy with curt, illogical feedback that makes one wonder why big financial institutions are utilizing these so called skilled "marketing professionals." Found the entire process dehumanizing, manipulative, and a massive waste of time. The writing tests are poorly thought out and terribly communicated. Also, very disturbing how very little they know about mobile marketing. Also, begs the question is this a writing test or way to get free labor.

Vice President, Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yardley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Yardley, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview with HR. Called in to meet with 5 different people. Then asked to prepare a detailed presentation to solve a client marketing issue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you have sold recently.   1 Answer

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The recruiter first reached me by email through job boarding site (monster.com).

I applied online through the link on the email (Just for note, their system kindly remind you to finish application if you leave in middle of applying),

I finished my online application involving technical supporting examples, IQ test, typing test, and voice audition.

Then, they called me to verify my relevant experience on my resume, and let me know they decided to do in-person interview next day.

I got to the place and told the front desk lady that I was for the interview, and she gave me technical questions to solve. It was testing for basic computer and networking knowledge. It had 10 questions about IP address, email client, how-tos, Active Directory, etc.

Then a manager came out and interviewed me asking, what do I know about the company.

Be sure to research the company beforehand, and prepare about two questions about the company because he will ask you if you have any question.

Also, he asked me technical questions about Exchange and Outlook which I didn't really expected.

After the interview, the manager guided me to the front door.

Manager and front office lady were nice, but atmosphere was not so much of energetic. I was kind of intimidated as I was entering the building because there's only little space in between the building entrance and office that you need ID to get in, and the security is always watching in the front.

Interview Questions

• Technical Question: If the customer calls you, and he say he do not receive email in Exchange, how would you troubleshoot this?   1 Answer
    • Technical Question: If someone is having trouble because in Outlook when he creates one event, two duplicate calender event appear, what would you say?   1 Answer

Social Media Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I received a quick phone call a day or two after submitting the application. I was not very clear on the salary available for the job. The hiring manager was very friendly and the interview was a breeze however I was not happy with the starting salary discussed in the interview.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Shawnee, KS) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied over Craigslist, where I was directed to an online survey that took about an hour to complete.
    I was then contacted over the phone for a brief interview, then was asked to come in for a face to face interview.
    I was interviewed by two people, and that took about twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Because it was a typing job, I was expected to know the names of shortcuts on a PC computer, then I was given a spelling test and a grammar test where I had to dissect two articles from popular magazines.   Answer Question

Fedex International Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Texarkana, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The process was great. I later found out I knew the hiring managers husband and didn't know it was her husband.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any. A job is about being willing to take on any challenge.   Answer Question