Harte Hanks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harte Hanks Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.3

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks.

Interview

Interview consisted of questions regarding my the expectations of my in the the position. No real interest in my experience, my skills or how I would be a good fit for the role.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Walked in the door during one of their regular hiring events with a standard form filled out. I was interviewed briefly, approved, and then filled out all the legally required documents at a later date. You have to walk in to a urine testing facility to get the screening done on your own time within a few day's window.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer was mainly concerned with making sure I knew how to operate a computer and that I had an a nice personality. Making a personal connection seemed more important than the skill set. As long as you have previous experience to substantiate what you claim your skill level to be, it isn't likely to come under scrutiny.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on indeed.com, received a call the next day from a recruiting agency, went in for the interview the next day, was offered a position on the spot, had three weeks of training. The interview was relatively easy, and the training was as good as you made it. If you go into the room half-listening, you will fail; but they grind the materials into your brain and will work with you if you're not getting it right away. Very fun and light people end up as trainers apparently. It was the most pleasant training, I can confidently say, i have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• What were your duties in your last position? How well do you work with others? What is your greatest strength/weakness? How would you ensure you provide excellent customer service? How would you deescalate an irate or frustrated customer? Why did you leave your last position?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Langhorne, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very decisive on what type of company they are and what type of expectations they have for am team player.They explained chances for growth. I was given an background about the company and the different clients they vouch for.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself becoming an asset to our company?   1 Answer

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview about your skills then a case study is given for you to give a detailed analysis of the case and highlight the undrlying causes that bring in the affects.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, from Philippines, very difficult to understand her. I asked about the compensation and was advised they don't provide that information until later in the hiring process.... Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, easier to understand but also a heavy accent. The phone interview went well, the position was exactly what I was looking for and I felt I would be a good fit. Had over 3y analysis experience at the time of interview. 3rd interview was on-site, drove from Houston to Austin.

The building was older, in a questionable area. When I walked inside I was shocked at the flow of people coming in for CSR interviews dressed in street/club wear, completely unprofessional. I found out there was a call center on the lower floor for the company. Upstairs was dark, like they didn't have enough funds to maintain the lighting; and very unorganized. My interview consisted of a verbal one-on-one for 15m, an hour of reviewing a case study and then providing analysis on it, then approximately 20-30m of a review of the analysis.

Had issues getting Excel to work properly, it was discovered 30m into my allotted time it wasn't setup correctly. But I had already begun manually analyzing the data anyway. It was definitely not finished the way I would have been comfortable with presenting it, but presented to a sr business analyst on the team, the hiring manager, and his manager. They apparently expected me to just put the data into a chart and analyze the chart, they weren't impressed with my method and it was understandable. But they were condescending to the process I used to formulate the analysis. I had worked for a bad manager in the past, so I wasn't impressed with them and their methods either. I knew at that point it wasn't the place for me. Didn't receive any response back, no appreciation for my time or driving 3 hours out there. I looked up the salary on Glassdoor and found I wasn't missing anything.

Interview Questions

• What suggestion would you provide for the case study analyzed?   Answer Question

HTML Coder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Interacted only with my recruiter throughout the entire process. They just looked at my resume and decided from there with no phone screens or interviews. For this particular contract position, they were mostly looking for HTML experience. They didn't seem to care about CSS experience. Then when they think you have enough experience, you'll electronically sign all the appropriate papers.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX).

Interview

Fun, interactive, informative. It was a great experience over all. I interviewed 2 years ago and the interview process is completely different now. Whatever has changed weather supervisors or customers they are supporting I am a fan

Interview Questions

• where I see myself in 2 years   1 Answer

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very fast, I was asked standard questions that were read from a piece of paper, it was a 10 minute interview, the questions were mostly about behavior and customer service based. I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harte Hanks (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I felt the interview process was very underwhelming and terse. There seemed to be no organization in collectively communicating the companies future vision for the job role. There wasn't much assurance given that the role would still be around 6 months or a year out. The questions were not applicable to the job either.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a deadline to complete but you weren't sure you were going to meet it?   Answer Question