Harvard Pilgrim Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.4

Health Edu Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted via email to schedule a phone screening. The person that called me was very amenable to my work schedule at the time and very friendly. She provided a lot of information about the job and the timeline for when I could expect to be contacted for an in-person interview. Very impressed.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview that asked basic interview questions. They were friendly and personable and I heard back relatively quick. The questions they asked were directly related to the position. Overall was a positive experience and would recommend.

Interview Questions

• What was an issue you had at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Quincy, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through 3rd party website and recieved an email about a week later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I was invited to an upcoming open house.

Interviewed with 2 supervisors in a group interview setting ( large room with 6 tables where others interviewed at the same time). I was then taken into another room to write a summary of a call we listened to.

I had to follow up with them weeks later to find out the status of my candidacy. They never contacted me nor have they sent any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to adapt your way of speaking to deal with a customer/client?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you made a mistake and had to own up to it. How did you fix the mistake you made?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley Hills, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Wellesley Hills, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and direct.
    Since the position l applied for involved working with two departments l was interviewed by two different people from two departments. they both took about 30n min interring me and the entire process took about an hour or so.The questions were very basic and straightforward

Informatics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Wellesley, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied using a form, then get scheduled for an interview. The process is really easy, they ask you to tell them about yourself. Then you can ask questions about the company. The whole interview took 15 minutes.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Wellesley, MA).

Interview

Several nurses asking questions about your employment history, what interested you about this job,what qualifications did you bring to the job. Situational clinical questions.Each nurse had a list of questions and it went round robin. All the questioners were part of that team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you came upon a challenging situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was made, not to my liking. Asked for a bit of an increase. Not able to come up.Many great benefits to the job so took it post them checking references/ Process took a bit less than a month.

Member Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Quincy, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I e mailed a resume, and was e mailed back an invitation to an interview fair. Once I arrived I was sent to a waiting area with a company film running, and given a number. Once my number was called I was escorted into a room with 15 interview tables. I interviewed with an HR person, while 14 other people interviewed around me. Next, I was ushered into a second room with about 15 more tables and two interviewers at each table. I interviewed with the two management people from the Members Service area, then left. It was distracting interviewing with two managers, in a small space with so many other people interviewing at the same time.

IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Wellesley, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screen by HR recruiter followed by in-person interview by hiring manager and then a second round of in-person interviews. Moved quickly with responsive communications. Questions were relatively informal during each stage of the process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Wellesley, MA).

Interview

submitted resume, received phone call by department supervisor,I was offered interview the next day, 2 days I received call from my supervisor who offered me thr position w/ job offer

Member Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harvard Pilgrim (Quincy, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and that night received an email asking to schedule a phone interview; we set up an interview for the next day. The phone interview went over the position and the starting salary and I was asked about 3 questions including why I was interested in the position. The phone interview was a basic screening the woman was extremely kind and welcoming. At the end of the call she offered an in person interview we scheduled for 2 days later.
    Anything that could have went wrong that day did! My car wouldn't start! Ultimately I ended up being an hour late to the interview and couldn't get in contact with whom I would be interviewing with so I called around in hopes of the information traveling to the correct person.
    I arrived and everyone was so understanding of the situation but I still felt as though this was just too unprofessional and I was going to be black listed. I was interviewed by two women at the same time both very kind and understanding they asked basic situational and behavioral questions such as "Explain a time you had to say no to a customer or wasn't able to give them the answer they wanted to hear?" "What does "follow through" me to you?" The interviewers and myself shared a few laughs they were so personable and truly a pleasure to be interviewed by! The next step was to go into another room and type on a computer why you are the ideal candidate for this position. Then that is it; she walked me out showed me a few places in the building along the way and met with her next candidate.

An hour later I received a call from the woman who had interviewed me via phone to ask how my interview went; I explained to her that I felt it went very well however I was soooooo late! She spoke with me about her experiences being late we joked around and then she told me well you much have did great because I was told to call over and extend an offer to you! I was so shocked and extremely happy!

The overall process was exactly how it should be! Not intimidating to make you feel uncomfortable but down to earth and truly look for the best candidates for the job! You can tell that they want great candidates and they want you to feel comfortable so that they can decipher who is fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time you had to say no to a customer or wasn't able to give them the answer they wanted to hear?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; there is a starting salary I am not sure how often the pay increases but I feel I was compensated as I would like any company to based on my experience. They do not take advantage of their employee's they pay you well for what you are expected to do!