Harvard University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process started in November, I had to interview with about 6 people. Very little updating (weeks went by without hearing anything from HR). I actually accepted another job offer because I figured they weren't going to hire me. Then, when they finally called me to let me know that I got the job (on a Friday Morning in February), they told me I was expected to start the following Monday. I was able to ask them for two weeks so that I could at least give a two weeks notice to my current employer.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Enjoy it, Such a good experience! There are 4 People in the group. They are all nice to talk to me and make me feel good!Enjoy it, Such a good experience! There are 4 People in the group. They are all nice to talk to me and make me feel good!Enjoy it, Such a good experience! There are 4 People in the group. They are all nice to talk to me and make me feel good!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then 3 or 4 more interviews with the department and HR. Intense and somewhat long process. Be prepared and know about the company and the department. They will ask every interview question you could expect so if you're only half prepared, it will be difficult. You will meet one on one, as well as in a group with the department. Have questions ready and make sure you know why Harvard is a place you would want to work.

Fundraising Manager Interview

Interview

I met with dean, colleagues, senior management; the process in my case did not take long because I already knew many of the parties, but later as a manager I found the hiting process took a very long time in many cases.

Interview Questions

• Isn't a law degree necessary for your position?   1 Answer

Staff Assistant, Harvard College Fund Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University in January 2017.

Interview

Was rescheduled because the interviewer was too busy, then at the exact moment my interview was scheduled for the second time, I received an email that they were no longer interviewing new candidates for the position.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by interview with director, followed by interview with Associate Professor. It was a pretty standard interview for the position and apparently there is a lot of competition.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Depending on the department the interview process can take a long time. In my case I was contacted about the job at the end of November and did not complete the process until the second week of January. But it was worth it, and everyone I met was friendly. Typically you speak with a hiring manager or hr person on the phone first for vetting. Then you receive an email inviting you for an interview, or call. In my first interview I met with the hiring manager and then the person I would be reporting to. In my second interview I met with some of the dept. heads and other personnel I would be working with. I met 5 people plus the hiring manager. Heads up..if you have visible tattoos, cover them. Even if they are small.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where you had to handle working with a difficult personality
      How do you organize yourself when you have multiple projects going on
      What is a strength and a weakness
      Why are you interested in this position
      1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

It started with a phone screening then a series of in person interviews over the course of 9 weeks. The interviews ranged from meeting individually with very senior influential people, then meeting with potential co-workers (who were less skilled at interviewing). two interviews were with 2-3 people. Also got calls from hiring manager checking in with me as I went through interview process.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a situation where".... and then stated a problem that predecessor had experienced in job I was applying for and asked how I dealt with it.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harvard University (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a brief interview about my experience and asked what I want to do. It was a great experience and I had a wonderful time speaking with them. It was friendly and I thought it was an easy interview

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harvard University (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Very quick and to the point: we met and had an hour long discussion about my choice of profession and choice of major. It was not something to sweat over and worry about.