Harvard University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harvard University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.8

Research Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University in February 2017.

Interview

30 min phone interview. Standard questions regarding technical abilities and prior experience as well as some about topics related to the position. Done over the phone. Was a human resources person screening to determine whether qualifications warranted an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the top three skills needed to be an effective communicator?   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Depending on the department the interview process can take a long time. In my case I was contacted about the job at the end of November and did not complete the process until the second week of January. But it was worth it, and everyone I met was friendly. Typically you speak with a hiring manager or hr person on the phone first for vetting. Then you receive an email inviting you for an interview, or call. In my first interview I met with the hiring manager and then the person I would be reporting to. In my second interview I met with some of the dept. heads and other personnel I would be working with. I met 5 people plus the hiring manager. Heads up..if you have visible tattoos, cover them. Even if they are small.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where you had to handle working with a difficult personality
      How do you organize yourself when you have multiple projects going on
      What is a strength and a weakness
      Why are you interested in this position   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University in January 2017.

Interview

Was rescheduled because the interviewer was too busy, then at the exact moment my interview was scheduled for the second time, I received an email that they were no longer interviewing new candidates for the position.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Enjoy it, Such a good experience! There are 4 People in the group. They are all nice to talk to me and make me feel good!Enjoy it, Such a good experience! There are 4 People in the group. They are all nice to talk to me and make me feel good!Enjoy it, Such a good experience! There are 4 People in the group. They are all nice to talk to me and make me feel good!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harvard University (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a brief interview about my experience and asked what I want to do. It was a great experience and I had a wonderful time speaking with them. It was friendly and I thought it was an easy interview

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Employee referral to an email and then phone interview. It was not a difficult process whatsoever and it has been a great privilege to work here. Apply if you can! I highly recommend it.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions. Also, had to take a 30 minute test on using excel to analyze data. I am not sure if they still do the test. I haven't heard of many other departments doing it. Either way it wasnt difficult. if you have experience in financial analysis you should already have some basic excel skills.

IRB Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they asked me to interview. Problems started when they (after I filled out the online application) sent me a scan of an old employment application and told me to fill it out. It was done by hand- they didn't have a fillable pdf and were annoyed that I asked.
    To prepare for the interview, I asked if they had any specific projects/research focus that I could study. They never answered.
    They started the interview fashionably late and their questions revealed that they have never read my resume. Although they promised to get in touch within a week, they never did. Call to HR went unanswered. I sent them a second follow up letter & they caughed up an automated rejection letter.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I came across the opening for an accountant on Glassdoor. Follow the instructions and applied via Harvard Aspire on July 18th. HR representative contacted me email in late July, and we set up a time for a phone interview. First in person interview was scheduled a week after with the manager and the associate director. I received a call to set up the second interview with the team. About a week or so later the third interview was set up with the director of the department and the human resource manager.

During these interviews, they asked questions to know your technical skills, personality skills how you would handle stress, and your what interest you to apply for the position.

After the interviews I was contacted (within two weeks) to submit 5 references. Three of them has to be previous supervisors or managers. After the reference check they made a conditional offer and they conducted an extensive brackground check. A week or so later I received the call confirming the offer and discussed the start date. Even though the interviews happened one after another within a week's time the whole process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer matched what I requested at the first telephone interview.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was about an hour long. Very casual, went over my resume. I was interviewed by 2 associates. They wanted someone who has a lot of experience in Excel. Took about a month to get back to me to let me know they were pursuing other candidates. Wish I knew that was going to happen,