Harvard University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.8

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

6 weeks after I submitted the application I received an email for a phone interview the next day. Grueling 45 minute phone interview that I thought went well. Manager then didn't bother to tell me that they decided not to hire me and ignored my email asking about the hiring process. Shame on them.

Interview Questions

• Picked apart my cover letter and resume with probing questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smooth since the beginning. I had the chance to liaise previously with others working in the same research centres. Thus, I was well prepared to answering the questions asked.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a speedy! The questions were fair; they ranged from questions about experience level to questions about general interests. I would recommend applying to be an RA to anyone interested!

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience as an RA?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

There were many steps to the interview process. 1st was phone interview with HR, 2nd was a phone interview with hiring manager, 3rd interview was an all day interview meeting many many individuals in 30 minute intervals (Very exhausting) followed by a 4th phone interview. The interview was all hypothetical questions and I did not feel they focused on my qualifications. HU has a reputation for continually reviewing new candidates even when they have very good candidates in front of them. In my case it was looking like an offer was coming until HR decided to let one more candidate come through. The interview process is long for these senior jobs. I wasn't sure I would accept it as even though the pay scale was within my range they did not want to offer what I was currently making. It would have been a tough decision on my part as I did like the job role and I do feel the school offers a great opportunity. I just feel I was strung along

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

Took 2+ months, very friendly, great experience. Had to do a test, but it was fun! They were very professional throughout each phone interview, took a while for them to get back to me, but given that they were in the midst of a busy research month that is understandable. Hope to apply to more jobs there in the future.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

A friendly, in-person interview asking about my motivations and relevant experiences. I received an e-mail to set up a one-on-one interview within two weeks of applying. The director of the research center ascertained whether I had done onsite interviews and data collection, and about what kind of research I planned to undertake during my year in the role. And I received a congratulations email less than a week after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with narratives which disparage a particular ethnic or religious community?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

bad experience - recruiter was unprofessional and not prepared to speak about the role, didn't hear back for over a month, the questions asked were unusual - the whole thing felt drawn out and i didn't walk away feeling good about the experience at all

Interview Questions

• what are three words your former manager would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interview process began with a phone call with Harvard HR, initial phone screening with hiring manager for the department, interview with PI (who would be my immediate boss) and interview with department head, as the PI was also the Chairman of the department and some support to the department would also be required

Interview Questions

• What might separate you from other candidates applying for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate initially, as I had been laid off at the time, and was thankful for an offer. In hindsight, I wish I had, as new hires are certainly "low-balled" in the salary range with their offers.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then 3 or 4 more interviews with the department and HR. Intense and somewhat long process. Be prepared and know about the company and the department. They will ask every interview question you could expect so if you're only half prepared, it will be difficult. You will meet one on one, as well as in a group with the department. Have questions ready and make sure you know why Harvard is a place you would want to work.

Senior Technology Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 4-5 people including the hiring manager. Behavioral type questions, "describe a time when you...." and "what was the biggest challenge". Etc. Also met with human resources people and was asked to return for a second interview with a group again and higher-up HR director.

Interview Questions

• describe experiences working with difficult and challenging people   Answer Question