Harvard University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.8

SAS Programmer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA).

Interview

From the first phone (recruiter) interview to offer it took 6 months - no exaggeration. Typical get to know your technical background and provide proof of technical ability. Not only do colleges hire slowly, but this was excessive. First phone interview is not technical it is more about key words (skills) and personality. Next interview is on phone with hiring manager, not many technical questions, more about trying to understand the type of person you are and sniff out any BS. Third is an all day group and 1-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• If table A has CUSTOMER_ID, AGE, GENDER and table b has CUSTOMER_ID, ORDER_TOTAL,ORDER_NM | How would you find the sum of ORDER_TOTALs for both men and women?   1 Answer

Course Materials Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

Participated in initial phone-screening interview. The interviewer called an hour and a half ahead of the time scheduled, with was a surprise. Nonetheless, the interviewer was pleasant and friendly. I was not offered an in-person interview, unfortunately.

Systems and Applications Business Analyst, Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was directed to a meeting room prior to my arrival. No one was waiting for me and I had to contact the recruiter to let them know I had arrived. I wasn't asked any real technical questions and was unsure as to what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't ask me direct questions, more of leading me to speak about myself.   1 Answer

Library Assistant Interview

Interview

HR phone screen followed by a morning of in-person interviews: brief meeting with HR, meeting with hiring manager, panel interview with my prospective colleagues, and meeting with my manager's supervisor. Everyone was very friendly and enthusiastic. It took them awhile to respond with an offer. Much worse, the entire process took almost 6 months from application to my first day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

Total of 4 interviews, one over the phone, the other three in person. Long wait time in between, the entire process took about 3 months. But once they decided they want you, everything was really fast.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not willing to negotiate at all

Administrative Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University in July 2016.

Interview

Straightforward questions about resume, some behavioral questions about past experience working in a team. There were also some questions about how I found out about the position, and what attracted me to apply. The people interviewing were very friendly, non-intimidating, and professional. I took some time to think before answering the questions, and they were ok with that too.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvard University (Remote, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewing with a PhD student in HBS. He sent me a data task and also asked me to conduct independent research on a given dataset. I completed both tasks in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Basic dataset operations like sort, left join, right join.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was first told is was over the phone, but was later changed to in person. Interview was done in a conference room. The manager interviewing me was very pleasant and easy to talk to. She was very understanding of my lateness due to trouble on the train. The interview went very well, however she seemed a bit rushed at the end and almost hurried the farewell and thank you.

Development Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had two or three rounds of interviews. The 2nd interview included a panel interview with 3 interviewers. I was also asked to write an overview profile of a potential donor (just an example person, not an actual new profile) while I was there.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

About 2 weeks after I submitted my application online, I was contacted for a phone screen. This asked general information about my interests and how it matched the position. No behavioral questions asked but an expected salary range was requested. A couple weeks after that, the PI contacted me for a 1:1 interview to talk more about the position.

Interview Questions

• How have your research experiences and skills prepared you for this position?   Answer Question