Harvard University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

bad experience - recruiter was unprofessional and not prepared to speak about the role, didn't hear back for over a month, the questions asked were unusual - the whole thing felt drawn out and i didn't walk away feeling good about the experience at all

Interview Questions

• what are three words your former manager would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interview process began with a phone call with Harvard HR, initial phone screening with hiring manager for the department, interview with PI (who would be my immediate boss) and interview with department head, as the PI was also the Chairman of the department and some support to the department would also be required

Interview Questions

• What might separate you from other candidates applying for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate initially, as I had been laid off at the time, and was thankful for an offer. In hindsight, I wish I had, as new hires are certainly "low-balled" in the salary range with their offers.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then 3 or 4 more interviews with the department and HR. Intense and somewhat long process. Be prepared and know about the company and the department. They will ask every interview question you could expect so if you're only half prepared, it will be difficult. You will meet one on one, as well as in a group with the department. Have questions ready and make sure you know why Harvard is a place you would want to work.

Senior Technology Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 4-5 people including the hiring manager. Behavioral type questions, "describe a time when you...." and "what was the biggest challenge". Etc. Also met with human resources people and was asked to return for a second interview with a group again and higher-up HR director.

Interview Questions

• describe experiences working with difficult and challenging people   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

You submit application, then they call you in for a 30 minute interview. A week later, I received a reply that I got the job, with a description of the expectations.

Interview Questions

• If you had trouble getting in contact with this person, what would you do?   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took months for them to interview me by phone then in person. It was a long tedious process and I was promised this position as a temp and leadership in this particular lab told me it would be a quick process. They were wrong.

Interview Questions

• What my personality was like and if I fit in with a progressive office.   1 Answer

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief meetings with the associate dean and another employee. Fairly easy. If selected for an interview, DO NOT pay out of pocket! They have taken two months to reimburse and don't seem to care.

Interview Questions

• So, you want to make a "difference"?   1 Answer

Berktern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

I submitted a cover letter and filled out an online application that discussed my skills and past experience in the field, as well as willingness to work on certain projects. I also had to give contact information for references.

After a few days I was contacted by the people running one of the projects in which I had expressed interest. I was asked to send in a number of writing samples. I was also asked to commit to a video conference interview. The interview was casual; I got the sense that the two interviewers just wanted to get a feel for my interest in the field, as well as my experience, while also gauging whether or not I'd be easy to work with over the summer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working on the Student Privacy Initiative?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Summer interns take a fixed Research Assistant salary. They were very nice about discussing hours and start and end dates.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

Current research assistants conducted screening interview for position opening. Asked standard questions regarding previous research experience, future goals, why you are interested in position, etc. Lab environment was described and interviewers (the current RAs) were friendly however they didn't appear to have experience interviewing making the situation a little awkward at times.

Great Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard University in March 2015.

Interview

I was not asked many questions. if your not qualified then they will ignore your application all together. I was grateful for the chance and experience. I was interesting to learn about the new job I would be doing.