Harvard University Program Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Took part in numerous interviews with everyone who would be on my team as well as the program director and associate director. The process took two days and the questions were primarily focused on qualifications garnered from previous experience. There were a few questions pertaining to my ability to solve complicated situations independently; how well did I think outside the box to solve problems/stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Name something you did wrong at a previous job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Harvard University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

6 weeks after I submitted the application I received an email for a phone interview the next day. Grueling 45 minute phone interview that I thought went well. Manager then didn't bother to tell me that they decided not to hire me and ignored my email asking about the hiring process. Shame on them.

Interview Questions

• Picked apart my cover letter and resume with probing questions.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University in February 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with HR and one with the group. The HR interview was very basic, asking if I had questions about the benefits of working at Harvard, briefly talked about my resume. The actual job interview was with a panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about my career path and justifying my previous positions. A few behavioral/hypothetical scenarios, how would I react etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

After I submitted my resume, I was contacted by the hiring manager for an interview. After speaking with her, I met and spoke with the rest of the employees. My manager later contacted my references, and I later learned I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told the initial offer was the best they could do. After speaking with colleagues, negotiation does not seem to be encouraged.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University in February 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed at the Ed School. Very HR like process. First there was an initial phone call asking very basic information. Then there was a true phone interview. And then there was a face to face interview with an HR person. After that I would met with the department and essentially been given a final green light. I never got past that stage. I would not have accepted the position as it was a lateral move for very little more money, a much better title, but a LOT more work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a very specific example of when you made a very large error.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle it when people get mad at you or you are treated badly.   Answer Question

It was a lateral move and not a true promotion.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a Telephonic interview followed by a face to face interview with a panel. Later the executive director has spoken with my in my network to ask for recommendations and then mailed me the offer letter.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University in October 2009.

Interview

Was contacted by a very straightforward (read: Rude) HR director who abruptly grilled me about the job, and then asked when I could interview. After refusing my first few dates, she then scheduled me at her convenience. Meet with her and she scheduled an appointment two meet manager. Spoke to manager for 15 mins, Was a final candidate before being removed from consideration three weeks later.