Harvard University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.4

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Employee referral to an email and then phone interview. It was not a difficult process whatsoever and it has been a great privilege to work here. Apply if you can! I highly recommend it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Harvard University

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvard University (Remote, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewing with a PhD student in HBS. He sent me a data task and also asked me to conduct independent research on a given dataset. I completed both tasks in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Basic dataset operations like sort, left join, right join.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

About 2 weeks after I submitted my application online, I was contacted for a phone screen. This asked general information about my interests and how it matched the position. No behavioral questions asked but an expected salary range was requested. A couple weeks after that, the PI contacted me for a 1:1 interview to talk more about the position.

Interview Questions

• How have your research experiences and skills prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

Contacted by email first and then a phone interview with the potential advisor that you would like to work with. Bascialy, if you receive the phone call, it means that the advisor is very interested in you. So you do not need to be too nervous. Just refresh the projects that you have done and papers that you have published.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous research and project experience in detail. Basic questions about the course works.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smooth since the beginning. I had the chance to liaise previously with others working in the same research centres. Thus, I was well prepared to answering the questions asked.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard University.

Interview

Current research assistants conducted screening interview for position opening. Asked standard questions regarding previous research experience, future goals, why you are interested in position, etc. Lab environment was described and interviewers (the current RAs) were friendly however they didn't appear to have experience interviewing making the situation a little awkward at times.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard - a single interview with the PI and less formal discussions with postdoctoral colleagues. All questions were technical, about previous research experience and skills that would be relevant for the project.

Interview Questions

• How does the alternative complement pathway contribute to retinal neovascularization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process here was very casual. Knowing someone who works here will definitely help you get your foot in the company. The questions were very basic, more like a casual conversation than anything

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a casual conversation about your background and life experiences that would apply to the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Framingham, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

HAd a phone interview intially and then had a check with references.It was an easy process adn we had like a discussion about the projects in the lab.The proff was friendly..And then had the next round of interview after almost a month and got the offer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

I had an in-person interview a research manager; then an in-person interview with one of my potential bosses (a professor), and then a phone interview with the other (a professor).

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to switch from a career in natural science research to a career in social science research.   1 Answer