Harvard University Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harvard University Research Associate Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a speedy! The questions were fair; they ranged from questions about experience level to questions about general interests. I would recommend applying to be an RA to anyone interested!

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience as an RA?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Harvard University

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

A friendly, in-person interview asking about my motivations and relevant experiences. I received an e-mail to set up a one-on-one interview within two weeks of applying. The director of the research center ascertained whether I had done onsite interviews and data collection, and about what kind of research I planned to undertake during my year in the role. And I received a congratulations email less than a week after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with narratives which disparage a particular ethnic or religious community?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter to discuss the RA position and long term career interests as well as my areas of interest. This was followed with a skills test which consisted of being given pieces of material (i.e., press releases, news articles, etc.) and then being asked to write specific sections of a hypothetical business case. A few days later I heard back from the recruiter indicated that everything went very well, and that I would hear from him if an RA positions in my area became available. I heard back from him twice with different opportunities to come in for interviews with the faculty members with which I would be working.

I think the recruiters at HBS do their best to match the right RA with the right Faculty member. They take the matching process very seriously and it seems to work based on my conversations with other RAs.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was actually the skills test. It was time consuming and required incredible focus, but was also kind of fun too (in a very dorky sort of way).   Answer Question

I received another job offer from a different organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Harvard University (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

There was one position available and had the impression it had already been earmarked. Took months to respond to me before and after interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

Applied by email in November 2008, was phone interviewed by PI in February 2009 for 90 minutes. Mainly informal discussion about job responsibilities and general questions about my research. Some questions about related research done by others to check that I followed the current research. Also a few hypothetical questions about what I would want (or be able) to do if hired.

Interview Questions

• What kind of research project do you think is feasible to accomplish within a year of you being hired?   Answer Question