Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.2

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates.

Interview

These people are weird, their human resource people to be more specific. A month ago I returned a voicemail by a human resource worker, that same day I returned the call and left a voicemail. Waited a week, didn't hear back, so I called again and left another vm, never heard from that woman again. A few weeks ago I completed a phone interview, went well, man over the phone told me that he'd forward my information to the hiring manager, and regardless of the outcome, I'd be getting a phone call. No phone call has been made. Two weeks ago I received a voicemail from another woman to set up an interview, I call her back, leave a vm, days passed by and I leave another vm. Have I received a phone call back? Nope! This place needs to stop messing with people who are on the job search. It is extremely rude, and time consuming.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Needham, MA).

Interview

Started with corporate recruiter who did phone screen then moved to managers. I initially met with associate manager for case managers then the site leaders which included nurse leaders and medical director

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied back in June for a Medical Secretary position and I ended up no getting it. I was called once again 3 months later for a job in the same department (which I did not apply for) because the manager thought I would be a good fit for the position. After meeting with HR (which by the way the lady was so bad, she spoke badly about the position and the other team members) I never heard back until 3 weeks later when I was told I didn't get the job. I didn't get mad about not getting the job, but honestly this company is bad and have no respect for your time. Also, they never get back to you on questions or concerns you might have.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I was contacted for an interview within 3 weeks. Interviews was personable and interviewer was friendly. I heard back about 3-4 weeks later. I accepted the position and have been working there since.

Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule interview about 2 weeks later. Meet with three people for the first interview. I was contacted the next day to come in and interview with two more people. I was told someone would contact me soon after the second one but it's been three weeks I have heard nothing back. One thing I thought was weird is that one of the interviewers asked me if I had a family. I thought everyone knew they are not supposed to ask that kind of question. If a person answered yes and then wasn't hired, that person could assume she was not hired because she answered yes to that question. I think HR needs to remind people to stay away from those types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a family?
      Where do you live?
      How do you handle conflict with others?
      How does this job fit into your career path?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates.

Interview

Great interview for about half an hour. Interviewer was very personable and easy to talk to. They wanted to know a lot about my prior experience and how I typically handled myself in a situation. The only negative thing is that the interviewer wasn't too prepared in terms of having the physician there for me to meet that day.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (Somerville, MA).

Interview

Pretty easy interview. Not cut throat or intimidating. They had me meet with operations manager, nursing supervisor, and medical director. Meeting the doctor was unexpected but went well and they were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Furutre career plans. This can be tough if you aren't sure   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to Negotiate with MNA. Pay is calculated based on experience.

Medical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in April 2014.

Interview

Took forever. The process began in April and I ended up accepting and starting the job in May. Supervisor wasn't exactly clear about the job description. What was drafted as the job description was only a small piece of my actual duties. The interview itself was very easy. The supervisor asked simple questions that were very straightforward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary. The offer was fair.

Clinician Interview

Interview

Friendly, not too detailed, not too demanding. If you are breathing, ambulating, have a degree, can speak in full sentences and mor or less grammatically correct - you are in.

Medical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates in May 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a Harvard Vanguard Recruiter out of their Newton Office and spoke with her twice. She connected me to the Lab Manager who I met with once and then interviewed with the new Radiology Manager a week later. Was contacted one week later with the job offer. Turned down first offer and got second offer. Had to wait almost a month to start.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. New Radiology Supervisor felt it necessary to tell me about all his dead sisters, his dead male lover and how there would never be another. How wonderful his whole family is. Asked very little about me. Should have been my clue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted $18, they said they could only do $17 I said let's meet in the middle at $17.50 which was approved only to find out other's in the same position started at $18 so they lied about how high they could go.