Harvey Nash Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.8

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very nice. I got to meet the entire team and even the CEO! The best part was that they even supplied some of their marketing materials so I had a great sense of what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in staffing? What do you do to get new business? How do you stay successful?   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Attended an assessment day in central London which comprised of a company presentation, pitching yourself to the group and finally a group debate. There were about 15 candidates in attendance each of whom were from quite different backgrounds. The presentation was fairly boring and just reinforced the companies values. The balloon debate did not really work well as people had chosen such different people.

Design Manager At DT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Darmstadt (Germany)) in June 2016.

Interview

A smooth and professional process, I learned more about the role and the company they were hiring for. It was more like a conversation between two professionals - about my professional experience, about the possible roles in company - than "catechizing" and asking common, HR-questions. A very pleasant contact.

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview was, quite simply, embarrassing. there were no questions asked, simply a mundane series of group excersizes. the other people there were just as dull and up their own behinds as the questions being asked. 0/10 would not recommend. although this is a humungous company with excessive history, i feel this process is completely pointless, and i was left with humungous regret for the £8 Oyster card bill I wasted on this.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Three stages. One interview with a consultant, interview with the team and a final presentation. The final stage was a great opportunity to get to know the company better. Very friendly along the different stages. Conversational style to check if there was cultural fit.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Geneva (Switzerland)) in August 2015.

Interview

Two interviewes , the first at phone and the second on skype, the third test is a logic test, easy but you need to be fast thinker to pass it. Before sending your cv to some possible employer they need to test you, they are an head hunting society, I think they can be very helpfull, and the continue to follow you also if you don't have the job.

Interview Questions

• what are your motivations?   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

It started with 4 of us (candidates) together in a room. The recruiters claimed that a fifth candidate was running late however they never showed up so I've no idea if that was some kinda of strategy thing on their part or if the person didn't show. We then had about 2 minutes were we all described our background in education and employment.

After this we were handed random CVs from their records with personal details removed, we were required to read the CVs for 3 or 4 minutes. Then the CVs were taken away and another candidate would interview us as though we had become the person in the CV. All 4 of us did this with each other.

Following this we had to play the balloon dilemma, whereby in advance they informed us to come up with a famous person and think of reasons why they deserve to be saved from a hot air balloon crash. In fairness I'd done this before so knew the idea but it wasn't well explained in the email and other candidates were confused on what we were supposed to do. We would then argue why our person should stay and then round by round vote each other out.

Following this the gave a 15 min presentation about Harvey Nash. At the end we were told if we were still interested to contact them, which I found odd as any other interview they inform you if you're successful but here we had to follow them up. I was unsuccessful. To be honest I haven't a clue what they look for, we were asked no real questions about our previous work aside from what we volunteered in the introduction.

Interview Questions

• The recruiters never asked specific questions per se, it was all role play and CV task between each other.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to begin with with inhouse recruiter. The next week I has an interview. I then had to present a presentation based on myself and suitability got the role. The same day I had 4 back to back interviews with separate directors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Qucik

Intern Interview

Interview

Fairly straightforward CV interview process. Most important emphasis was on what my expectations were and what I wanted to get out of the internship. Followed by a presentation on a given question 'Present about Harvey Nash Group' and of course, Q&A. Also, had a few one-to-one interviews with team leaders and directors

Interview Questions

• Your CV says you're in Consulting Society. Do you just join to make it look good?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nash Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

1st stage informal interview, then second stage interview where i met the team and directors, everyone was very welcoming and gave honest overviews of the role and made accountability very clear