Harvey Nichols Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols.

Interview

group interview of roughly people - included four stages of role play and introducing yourself. . . fairly laid back experience, just expect to be talking in front of a group of people

Style Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols in August 2017.

Interview

I had a formal 1-1 interview with the Assistant Manager and a member from HR which was really just competency based questions, and then a second with the Department Manager which was more role based. The second interview was definitely more relaxed, asking more about my interests and goals for the future. Because of the relaxed feel, it felt a bit more judgemental.

Interview Questions

• Normal Q's like: Describe a time you went above & beyond for a customer/ How would you deal with a difficult customer etc..
      Then other Q's like: How do you stay up to date with current trends?/ How would you improve your knowledge of our brands?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I saw the advertisment post online.They call me to book an interview.There are 3 stages.The first one its a small friendly chat.The second one is more formal and the third one its an interview with all the managers.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was interviewed by the restaurant manager in an informal interview with very basic questions about my personality and previous experiences related to the position.
    Then I had to stay for a trial shift and with the help and recommendation of the reception team I worked that shift together, the manager offered the position for me.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What sort of experience do I have that is related to a customer faced role?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I approached Harvey Nichols and inquired about vacancies - they prefer to use their online system for recruitment but I was lucky enough to find one in a concession store. I handed in my CV (no previous experience in retail) and was interviewed by the manager the next day. Was very relaxed, asked about what I knew of the brand etc. Was then given an interview by the floor manager to confirm I could work at Harvey Nichols and complied with its working rules. Was a good experience and not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales tactic for clients on the shop floor?   Answer Question
    • How do you prepare the shop floor for a day of trading?   Answer Question

Style Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Great questions - know your answers. I had interview with Assistant Department Manager. Very friendly person, had a great approach and made me feel relax and you can really tell, that the person wants to get to know you. Look like a superb team player and persona that will be able to help you with further career. Great interview! Received a phone call from HR the following day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal during the quite times?
      Do you know about Harvey Nichols rewards app? Would you be able to promote this type of service?   Answer Question

Learning and Development Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols in September 2016.

Interview

I didn't get through to the shortlist. This was a telephone interview with the Head of Learning and Development. The interview lasted 50 minutes. He explained the structure of the team and their approach. Then he moved on to asking standard questions, mainly going through my CV. Very friendly and not intimidating.

Sales Consultant - Womenswear Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and had an initial phone interview several days which I felt quite positive about as I was invited to attend one at the store.
    The store interview however was extremely intense and consisted of the main womenswear manager and a member of HR. It wasn't a relaxing interview at all and felt more like a personal character interrogation. I was promised a phonecall about the outcome but got an email instead which felt very interpersonal, im also taken aback by how tough my interview was compared to other people.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a brief telephone interview before being invited to an in-person interview after about a week. In the interview, they asked me to do a test which evaluated my written English. It took about 15 minutes. We then spoke for about an hour, mostly competency based questions on my current role. I wrote back to them a week later for feedback and they were very helpful. I didn't get the job, but was given personalised feedback.

SPA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grimsby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Grimsby, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Formal Process interviewed for over an hour, went through my work history on CV, then went over general questions, it was more like a drilling, I was exhausted when I came out of there.

Interview Questions

• Why HN
      Describe a time when you gave good customer service   Answer Question

Harvey Nichols Response

Apr 22, 2016 – HR Advisor

Thank you so much for taking a moment to give us feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that you feel you didn’t have a great interview experience with us. We're always looking at ways we can improve and... More