Harvey Norman Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harvey Norman Holdings Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings.

Interview

Friendly interviewers. Asked mainly compentcy based questions, however there were a few questions that I thought were irrelevant to the role. One of the interviewers was quite distracted by people walking past as it was a glass office. Which was quite off putting for me as I felt as though they were uninterested in what I was saying. Overall it was an okay interview, I wasn't offered the position which I didn't mind, after having the interview I realised it wasn't the job for me.

Retail Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was invited for an interview in Harvey Norman Little Island (Ireland) about 2 weeks after I applied online. Got through 2 stages of interviews, first one was a short one, the manager and his apprentice asked me some simple things about computers in general since I applied for working in the Computers department. They were very satisfied with my answers and called me for a second interview that was 5 days after that and mentioned that it is going to be a longer interview, approx. an hour long. After that interview (where I believe I made a great impression, at least I saw and heard from them that they are very satisfied) they promised to contact me if not at the end of the week then next week. They said that there are 2 other people competing for the role and that they will let me know of my results whether or not I get the job or don't get it. 2 weeks have passed now and they have never contacted me, they haven't even sent me an e-mail. I won't mention any names, but the manager in that Harvey Norman store is a disgrace to the company and that is completely unprofessional. At least they could have been honest to me, not telling me lies right in my face.

Brown Goods Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings in October 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call asking me to come in tomorrow (on a Saturday).
    Interviewer hadn't read cover letter or resume at all. Asked me when I applied then opened my file and printed it. The manager was already in a bad mood. Negative body language while I was leaning forward to try and engage them. I even did background research. They said that they just what someone to smash targets and sell add on services, warranties for every transaction. They said I didn't have transferable skills. They didn't care if I knew about TVs or not as long as I could sell the amount they wanted. At no point during the conversation was customer satisfaction mentioned or a priority. Also mentioned that other Harvey Norman stores are their competitors. Left interview not wanting to work for them and will never buy products from them either. Sales targets are more important than customer experience. Showed signs of micro management.