Harvey Norman Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harvey Norman Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings.

Interview

Its just norman talk.
    They want to know , you ok with 20$ per hour. And you gonna last long.
    Then warehouse manager take you tour around warehouse.
    Then next day the admin manager will call and ask we can you start.
    You can said 2-3 weeks they ok to wait.

Interview Questions

• Its not serius questions at all, just like have a chat with manager .   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings.

Interview

Friendly interviewers. Asked mainly compentcy based questions, however there were a few questions that I thought were irrelevant to the role. One of the interviewers was quite distracted by people walking past as it was a glass office. Which was quite off putting for me as I felt as though they were uninterested in what I was saying. Overall it was an okay interview, I wasn't offered the position which I didn't mind, after having the interview I realised it wasn't the job for me.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2016.

Interview

Just go iv with HR. Took around 2 hours. HR just explain all about company. Basic interview question. Ask whether interested or not. Decided to join later. Its a wonderful day. To meet with all the employee. Such a dream came true.

Retail Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was invited for an interview in Harvey Norman Little Island (Ireland) about 2 weeks after I applied online. Got through 2 stages of interviews, first one was a short one, the manager and his apprentice asked me some simple things about computers in general since I applied for working in the Computers department. They were very satisfied with my answers and called me for a second interview that was 5 days after that and mentioned that it is going to be a longer interview, approx. an hour long. After that interview (where I believe I made a great impression, at least I saw and heard from them that they are very satisfied) they promised to contact me if not at the end of the week then next week. They said that there are 2 other people competing for the role and that they will let me know of my results whether or not I get the job or don't get it. 2 weeks have passed now and they have never contacted me, they haven't even sent me an e-mail. I won't mention any names, but the manager in that Harvey Norman store is a disgrace to the company and that is completely unprofessional. At least they could have been honest to me, not telling me lies right in my face.

Assistant Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

Detailed interview starting with a telephone interview and followed by a face to face meeting. Friendly, informative and professional with a quick turn around time. The interviewer didn't only ask me questions but also gave me relevant information regarding the role and the company.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience in the field.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I was aware of the package associated with the role and I was happy to accept.

Brown Goods Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings in October 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call asking me to come in tomorrow (on a Saturday).
    Interviewer hadn't read cover letter or resume at all. Asked me when I applied then opened my file and printed it. The manager was already in a bad mood. Negative body language while I was leaning forward to try and engage them. I even did background research. They said that they just what someone to smash targets and sell add on services, warranties for every transaction. They said I didn't have transferable skills. They didn't care if I knew about TVs or not as long as I could sell the amount they wanted. At no point during the conversation was customer satisfaction mentioned or a priority. Also mentioned that other Harvey Norman stores are their competitors. Left interview not wanting to work for them and will never buy products from them either. Sales targets are more important than customer experience. Showed signs of micro management.

Salesman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Brisbane (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

One interview with the franchisee for about 30minutes. Usual questions plus a quick test on your arithmetic ability in working out margins and commission amounts with a single on the spot example.

Online Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2014.

Interview

Saw the job advertisement and submitted a CV. Got a phone call a day or two later, had a brief chat with the hiring manager and was asked a few general background questions, then arranged an interview in head office for the following week. After the interview they made an offer by email within the next day or two and had a follow up phone call after that.

Interview Questions

• Education background, why retail/why Harvey Norman, career goals.   Answer Question

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gold Coast (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Gold Coast (Australia)) in December 2013.

Interview

general questions regarding work experience with regard to resume; what if any is your sales experience; what do you know of the company and it's beliefs; and what are you future goals if you have any? What is your experience dealing with customers; and how would you go about in providing a customer a product; and how would you deal with a difficult customer?

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Adelaide (Australia)) in August 2012.

Interview

I came in and dropped off a Resume, and I got hired because I knew somebody there already. It was good because my friend ended up helping me throughout the process, and if I did not know him I believe the process of getting hired would have possibly been a little bit harder.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I was able to work autonomously and whether or not I had sales experience   Answer Question