Harvey Norman Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Harvey Norman Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.5

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was quite informal. They don't really go through your CV and aren't looking to hiring an overly intelligent person, just someone who is hungry to make SALES. This can be an advantage to some. It does however reflect the professionalism of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Sydney, NS (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

walked in, sat down, had some small talk, introduced one another, spoke about achievements and goals, future, etc. laughs laughs laughs, a few questions and some more questions about me personally

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings.

Interview

Its just norman talk.
    They want to know , you ok with 20$ per hour. And you gonna last long.
    Then warehouse manager take you tour around warehouse.
    Then next day the admin manager will call and ask we can you start.
    You can said 2-3 weeks they ok to wait.

Interview Questions

• Its not serius questions at all, just like have a chat with manager .   Answer Question

Sales Person In Computers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Gate (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Fountain Gate (Australia)) in February 2011.

Interview

Very traditional process. Best to walk in and speak to a manager. Dress well (suit) and bring a resume.

The interview is very much sales orientated. They want to know if you can hit the numbers, especially Flexirent. Research Flexirent before you apply - know the benefits and show willingness to push it. Other products that are important are the add- ons like product care (replacement guarantee), Internet security and surge protection.

As a sales person you will also be doing stock takes, merchandising and bringing stock from the back, which means they want to know if you are willing to help out maintaining the store. Your hours need to be flexible too.

Each store will have a different proprietor with an individual style and hence the interview will have a different feel with each place. The fundamentals remain the same though. Ultimately they want profit.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions were ever asked. They just need to see your enthusiasm and willingness to get out on the floor and smash it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The pay is largely fixed especially for part timers.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2016.

Interview

Just go iv with HR. Took around 2 hours. HR just explain all about company. Basic interview question. Ask whether interested or not. Decided to join later. Its a wonderful day. To meet with all the employee. Such a dream came true.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingaroy (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Kingaroy (Australia)) in February 2009.

Interview

hiring process consists of online application, then return email, then phonecall. after the phonecall there was an interview date set. the interview took place in the boss his office and i had to do a presentation. i had to describe a product to sell to him and answer all the standard jargon

Interview Questions

• can you pretend to sell me this screw and how would you convince me to buy this dearer one over the cheaper one   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chadstone (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Chadstone (Australia)) in January 2011.

Interview

Meeting with franchisee and the 2IC or PA.

Negotiation

I'd like to give you this role.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very casual and insightful. I got a feel for what the job would entail. The store owner was very down to earth and easy to talk to. I also got a day trial where I was watched by the owner to see how I work. As long as you are confident and not afraid to approach customers, you have a good shot.

Brown Goods Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings in October 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call asking me to come in tomorrow (on a Saturday).
    Interviewer hadn't read cover letter or resume at all. Asked me when I applied then opened my file and printed it. The manager was already in a bad mood. Negative body language while I was leaning forward to try and engage them. I even did background research. They said that they just what someone to smash targets and sell add on services, warranties for every transaction. They said I didn't have transferable skills. They didn't care if I knew about TVs or not as long as I could sell the amount they wanted. At no point during the conversation was customer satisfaction mentioned or a priority. Also mentioned that other Harvey Norman stores are their competitors. Left interview not wanting to work for them and will never buy products from them either. Sales targets are more important than customer experience. Showed signs of micro management.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gold Coast (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvey Norman Holdings (Gold Coast (Australia)) in December 2013.

Interview

general questions regarding work experience with regard to resume; what if any is your sales experience; what do you know of the company and it's beliefs; and what are you future goals if you have any? What is your experience dealing with customers; and how would you go about in providing a customer a product; and how would you deal with a difficult customer?