Hasbro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Creative Manager - Branding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, followed by an email requesting a phone screen with the HR recruiter, which was scheduled.

At the conclusion of my phone interview, I was asked to visit for interviews the following week, since there was an upcoming company-wide event the week after.

Upon my arrival I was notified that the schedule had been changed from 6 people to 4. So instead of meeting with the VP, Director (hiring manager), one peer, two direct reports, and the HR recruiter, the one peer and HR recruiter were removed from my schedule.

The interviews went well, and I was enthusiastic about the prospect of working on some of the most iconic and exciting brands of my career. The team members were all very welcoming and my already strong interest only increased with each person I met.

Within 24 hours of my visit I sent individually-crafted thank you emails to all of the team members, receiving an unnecessary (but welcomed!) reply from one of the direct reports, along with a note from the HR recruiter that I would receive information on next steps the following week. My assumption was that this actually meant I would hear back 2 weeks later, due to the company event the following week.

When that second week came and passed without my having received an update, I again emailed the HR recruiter, understanding that people receive a lot of emails and perhaps mine might have gone unnoticed.

After waiting another week without having received a reply, rather than continuing with the HR recruiter, I decided to email the hiring person directly, reaffirming my strong interest in the position, and requesting an update on next steps. Since it's summertime, perhaps vacations overlapped emails, so I patiently waited.

Another week passed, still without a reply. Than another. And yet another.

Feeling a bit of exasperation setting in but still holding out hope that expressing my continued interest might make a difference, I again emailed a last-ditch reminder to the HR recruiter. Crickets.

On Hasbro's website, 'ethical standards' are touted, proclaiming that they are highly-ranked as an ethical company. However isn't the process of maintaining timely communications with potential employees part of what would be considered as ethical company behavior?

Based on the many interview reviews seen here, there appears to be a pattern of human resources abandonment of communications to those who do not receive offers. Rather than politely replying their alternate plans moving forward (such as the case with most companies), instead candidates are left flapping in the wind.

Although my overall rating of the interview is 'negative,' that assessment is solely-based on the lack of post-interview communication, as the interviews themselves and the people I met were welcoming and dedicated, and I feel strongly that each and every one of them would be great to work with.

Manager Role At HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very quick response after submitting online, had a screening phone interview with HR and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I sent a thank you email and then a follow-up email shortly thereafter. I received no responses to either and never heard from anyone ever again. That's rude. Candidates spend a lot of time to research and prepare, or at least they should, and some achnowledgment, any acknowledgement, afterwards should be part of the process. I held Hasbro to a higher standard and I'm disappointed.

Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

Over the phone and it went really well. It was engaging, they liked my work, and told me they would be back to me. I never received an email or a call, even though I called and emailed.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my company   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

I would say, it was a good interview. Not too difficult questions and also the interviewer was showing personal interest in each of detail I was representing. Overall, Good interview !

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

Those who I would be working for sent me a few phone calls, mostly asking about my experience in copywriting and my other internship experience. They were looking for someone later in their college career.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite toy growing up?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

I first began with the recruiter through a phone interview who was very pleasant and we had a great discussion and then moved onto another individual within the organization on a separate phone interview. While very prepared for the call, we didn't have the same flow of conversation going on via the phone. The interview went decently(had all of the answers) but was hoping that it was strong enough that they'd bring me in for an in-person as that seems to be the best way to truly gauge candidates and their personalities.

Overall there were a few actions on Hasbro's part which I felt were rather disrespectful. I won't go into detail but I was surprised that after multiple interactions with folks from the company (including phone interviews), that they had simply auto-sent me a "we've reviewed your resume and we think other candidates may be a better fit" email from the HR Hasbro inbox. This seemed strange considering our previous interactions.

With past opportunities, recruiters who I've dealt with have simply sent me a note saying so and in this case, it was as though I had never spoken to a soul at the organization. The whole process felt odd and incomplete as I do feel that my qualifications met what they needed but I wasn't quite given the real opportunity to fully interview. I feel that we both missed out on a proper opportunity to see if it was the right fit. I've also heard of others experiencing similar issues during this recent influx of interviews. While I get competition is fierce for these roles and they're hiring at an unprecedented rate, there's something to be said about treating prospective candidates respectfully. This industry and job market locally is small and you simply never know what the future holds in terms of who you may be in contact with in moving forward at other companies/positions.

I do wish the process was handled more professionally and respectfully but hope they're able to find the right candidate and give folks who are applying a true shot at interviewing and showing their skills.

Packaging Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Providence, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

The woman was very nice. She showed me around the department. It was a group interview. Everyone was very nice. Was told I'd hear back in 2 weeks. 3 weeks past and I heard nothing. Emailed the manager asking about it. Was told it may take another month. Was very annoyed that I was not informed.

Associate Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. First, had a phone interview and then went in for an in person interview a few days later. The questions were fairly easy and typical interview questions and the auditors asking the questions were really nice.

Associate Internal Auditor Interview

Interview

Email setup for phone interview. Had a very short phone interview. Then went in for actual interview the following week. Met with two different people for about 30 minutes each.

Global Brand Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. I responded and she was interested enough to set up a phone interview. Followed up with her several times after the phone interview with no response.

Interview Questions

• After describing the two marketing departments (US vs Global), asked which I thought I would be a better fit with.   Answer Question