Hasbro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hasbro Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

Process was long an drawn out.
    I had a total of 10 interviews, 8 in one day.
    Met with all levels, from Manager, Director, VP, SVP and CMO.
    Finally had offer after 2 months of going back and forth.

Interview Questions

• If I was to start my own company, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

A very informal interview followed by three online aptitude tests (personality, verbal reasoning, numeracy). The next stage would have been a presentation based on their scenario to the hiring manager and the big boss. The aptitude tests took a long time and if you didn't meet the standard you could be out or they make you re-sit. Make sure you have a big screen and a calculator with big buttons! They use these tests and you need to practice to make the standards they require.

Interview Questions

• We went though my CV, it was reasonably informal with a HR member present. There were a lot of generic questions and it was quite informal, the interviewer was a bit stern/strict and was trying to pick holes and asking about career decisions made many years ago. If you see the comment about online tests and the presentation you need to invest a lot of personal time to make it through.   Answer Question

Brand Writing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Providence, RI) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online, then contacted by Human Resources

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked to have an interview with the College Recruiter in HR and then another with the Senior Producer of the department. Both of these interviews were on the phone and had no face-to-face contact before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • If you were asked to work on a project that took you several days that ended up being canceled, what would you do?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

The interview process with pretty straight forward. I met with the Design Director & Vice President as well as the Marketing Vice President. I hounded HR each week for an update since I was told in the interviews of each team member that this position needed to be filled quickly. My persistence paid off

Interview Questions

• What would I like to work on for that could be revolutionary to either the brand or product category?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro in April 2017.

Interview

I applied to a few internships and ended up getting interviews for 2 different positions. I was offered one of the positions at the end. When applying, I was required to send in a resume and a cover letter, as well as apply online. I also submitted a portfolio of some of my marketing work. I was then offered an interview several weeks later. I only had to have one interview and they were both with 2 or more team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Senior Creative Manager - Branding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, followed by an email requesting a phone screen with the HR recruiter, which was scheduled.

At the conclusion of my phone interview, I was asked to visit for interviews the following week, since there was an upcoming company-wide event the week after.

Upon my arrival I was notified that the schedule had been changed from 6 people to 4. So instead of meeting with the VP, Director (hiring manager), one peer, two direct reports, and the HR recruiter, the one peer and HR recruiter were removed from my schedule.

The interviews went well, and I was enthusiastic about the prospect of working on some of the most iconic and exciting brands of my career. The team members were all very welcoming and my already strong interest only increased with each person I met.

Within 24 hours of my visit I sent individually-crafted thank you emails to all of the team members, receiving an unnecessary (but welcomed!) reply from one of the direct reports, along with a note from the HR recruiter that I would receive information on next steps the following week. My assumption was that this actually meant I would hear back 2 weeks later, due to the company event the following week.

When that second week came and passed without my having received an update, I again emailed the HR recruiter, understanding that people receive a lot of emails and perhaps mine might have gone unnoticed.

After waiting another week without having received a reply, rather than continuing with the HR recruiter, I decided to email the hiring person directly, reaffirming my strong interest in the position, and requesting an update on next steps. Since it's summertime, perhaps vacations overlapped emails, so I patiently waited.

Another week passed, still without a reply. Than another. And yet another.

Feeling a bit of exasperation setting in but still holding out hope that expressing my continued interest might make a difference, I again emailed a last-ditch reminder to the HR recruiter. Crickets.

On Hasbro's website, 'ethical standards' are touted, proclaiming that they are highly-ranked as an ethical company. However isn't the process of maintaining timely communications with potential employees part of what would be considered as ethical company behavior?

Based on the many interview reviews seen here, there appears to be a pattern of human resources abandonment of communications to those who do not receive offers. Rather than politely replying their alternate plans moving forward (such as the case with most companies), instead candidates are left flapping in the wind.

Although my overall rating of the interview is 'negative,' that assessment is solely-based on the lack of post-interview communication, as the interviews themselves and the people I met were welcoming and dedicated, and I feel strongly that each and every one of them would be great to work with.

Manager Role At HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very quick response after submitting online, had a screening phone interview with HR and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I sent a thank you email and then a follow-up email shortly thereafter. I received no responses to either and never heard from anyone ever again. That's rude. Candidates spend a lot of time to research and prepare, or at least they should, and some achnowledgment, any acknowledgement, afterwards should be part of the process. I held Hasbro to a higher standard and I'm disappointed.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hasbro (Providence, RI) in April 2017.

Interview

After getting denied from 2 internships at Hasbro prior to this one, I knew how the process worked. Even though I was a bit shaken up, the interviewer from my previous interview, recommended me for this position.. My experience was great and I recommend doing your research! Know all their brands, stock, any major business endeavors they are thinking about going into. Be friendly, get there early (the parking is a bit confusing at first, use the Omni Hotel in your GPS). Be excited, getting an interview with them is already crazy competitive, so be happy!

Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

Met with 5 total people, as position will support two departments. On-topic questions, but with room for personality to come through. They did a great job explaining the job responsibilities, and even better in detailing what kind of upward mobility a motivated employee can expect to achieve in the future.

Interview Questions

• What drew me to apply at Hasbro?   Answer Question
    • What kind of environment brings out my best work?   Answer Question
    • What experience do I have in working closely with people of different educational/professional backgrounds and responsibilities than my own?   Answer Question