Hasbro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hasbro Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

Process was long an drawn out.
    I had a total of 10 interviews, 8 in one day.
    Met with all levels, from Manager, Director, VP, SVP and CMO.
    Finally had offer after 2 months of going back and forth.

Interview Questions

• If I was to start my own company, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

A very informal interview followed by three online aptitude tests (personality, verbal reasoning, numeracy). The next stage would have been a presentation based on their scenario to the hiring manager and the big boss. The aptitude tests took a long time and if you didn't meet the standard you could be out or they make you re-sit. Make sure you have a big screen and a calculator with big buttons! They use these tests and you need to practice to make the standards they require.

Interview Questions

• We went though my CV, it was reasonably informal with a HR member present. There were a lot of generic questions and it was quite informal, the interviewer was a bit stern/strict and was trying to pick holes and asking about career decisions made many years ago. If you see the comment about online tests and the presentation you need to invest a lot of personal time to make it through.   Answer Question

Brand Writing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Providence, RI) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online, then contacted by Human Resources

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked to have an interview with the College Recruiter in HR and then another with the Senior Producer of the department. Both of these interviews were on the phone and had no face-to-face contact before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • If you were asked to work on a project that took you several days that ended up being canceled, what would you do?   Answer Question

Design Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a 30-40 minute phone call. I discussed a little background of my area of study at school, and walked through relevant portfolio pieces on my website. I answered some questions and that was about it.

Model Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in November 2014.

Interview

Asked to interview after meeting a hiring manager at an event, was asked to bring a portfolio and any work prior examples. Two managers met with me to interview and we discussed my past experiences, with a focus on what I was comfortable with in regards to skills, whether they were hand, machine or digital skills. In my case I have examples of all 3, and this seemed to help. From there discussed past experiences and tried to relate to what I assumed were the needs of the department. One manager then took me on a tour of the shop and reviewed their full range of capabilities while also introducing me to the different workers I could be potentially working with. After the tour we had briefly met again, reviewed the jobs requirements and told me they'd call me within a week to let me know whether they would be hiring me or not.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with managing multiple projects and tight deadlines?

We directly serve all the creative departments through the company at varying stages of development, do you have any experience in product development?

What kinds of machines or tools have you used in your professional career? CNC, Laser, RP, etc
      Answer Question

Global Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was quite relaxed and informal. I was made feel comfortable. Very positive overall experience at the in person interview. The culture at the company, as many note, is so welcoming and warm. I felt at ease when entering the building for the on campus interview. I met with multiple people, but only one at a time, not in a panel interview. The building is open and has a lot of history regarding all of the companies toys and their progression. A very cool office.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

I first began with the recruiter through a phone interview who was very pleasant and we had a great discussion and then moved onto another individual within the organization on a separate phone interview. While very prepared for the call, we didn't have the same flow of conversation going on via the phone. The interview went decently(had all of the answers) but was hoping that it was strong enough that they'd bring me in for an in-person as that seems to be the best way to truly gauge candidates and their personalities.

Overall there were a few actions on Hasbro's part which I felt were rather disrespectful. I won't go into detail but I was surprised that after multiple interactions with folks from the company (including phone interviews), that they had simply auto-sent me a "we've reviewed your resume and we think other candidates may be a better fit" email from the HR Hasbro inbox. This seemed strange considering our previous interactions.

With past opportunities, recruiters who I've dealt with have simply sent me a note saying so and in this case, it was as though I had never spoken to a soul at the organization. The whole process felt odd and incomplete as I do feel that my qualifications met what they needed but I wasn't quite given the real opportunity to fully interview. I feel that we both missed out on a proper opportunity to see if it was the right fit. I've also heard of others experiencing similar issues during this recent influx of interviews. While I get competition is fierce for these roles and they're hiring at an unprecedented rate, there's something to be said about treating prospective candidates respectfully. This industry and job market locally is small and you simply never know what the future holds in terms of who you may be in contact with in moving forward at other companies/positions.

I do wish the process was handled more professionally and respectfully but hope they're able to find the right candidate and give folks who are applying a true shot at interviewing and showing their skills.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

After sending out my resume to a variety of positions within the company, a team reached out to me asking to interview over skype since I was out of state. Had an hour long conversation about a variety of topics, previous projects, hands on skills, creative inspirations, etc. Seemed to leave a very positive impression and heard back the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe any current projects I was working on.   1 Answer

Associate Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. First, had a phone interview and then went in for an in person interview a few days later. The questions were fairly easy and typical interview questions and the auditors asking the questions were really nice.