Hasbro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hasbro Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

Those who I would be working for sent me a few phone calls, mostly asking about my experience in copywriting and my other internship experience. They were looking for someone later in their college career.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite toy growing up?   1 Answer

Packaging Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Providence, RI) in December 2016.

Interview

The woman was very nice. She showed me around the department. It was a group interview. Everyone was very nice. Was told I'd hear back in 2 weeks. 3 weeks past and I heard nothing. Emailed the manager asking about it. Was told it may take another month. Was very annoyed that I was not informed.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

I first began with the recruiter through a phone interview who was very pleasant and we had a great discussion and then moved onto another individual within the organization on a separate phone interview. While very prepared for the call, we didn't have the same flow of conversation going on via the phone. The interview went decently(had all of the answers) but was hoping that it was strong enough that they'd bring me in for an in-person as that seems to be the best way to truly gauge candidates and their personalities.

Overall there were a few actions on Hasbro's part which I felt were rather disrespectful. I won't go into detail but I was surprised that after multiple interactions with folks from the company (including phone interviews), that they had simply auto-sent me a "we've reviewed your resume and we think other candidates may be a better fit" email from the HR Hasbro inbox. This seemed strange considering our previous interactions.

With past opportunities, recruiters who I've dealt with have simply sent me a note saying so and in this case, it was as though I had never spoken to a soul at the organization. The whole process felt odd and incomplete as I do feel that my qualifications met what they needed but I wasn't quite given the real opportunity to fully interview. I feel that we both missed out on a proper opportunity to see if it was the right fit. I've also heard of others experiencing similar issues during this recent influx of interviews. While I get competition is fierce for these roles and they're hiring at an unprecedented rate, there's something to be said about treating prospective candidates respectfully. This industry and job market locally is small and you simply never know what the future holds in terms of who you may be in contact with in moving forward at other companies/positions.

I do wish the process was handled more professionally and respectfully but hope they're able to find the right candidate and give folks who are applying a true shot at interviewing and showing their skills.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

After sending out my resume to a variety of positions within the company, a team reached out to me asking to interview over skype since I was out of state. Had an hour long conversation about a variety of topics, previous projects, hands on skills, creative inspirations, etc. Seemed to leave a very positive impression and heard back the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe any current projects I was working on.   1 Answer

Associate Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. First, had a phone interview and then went in for an in person interview a few days later. The questions were fairly easy and typical interview questions and the auditors asking the questions were really nice.

Archivist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

I was in a room with my two direct supervisors and the person I would be replacing. The person I was replacing was knowledgable about the position and really grilled me to make sure that I was the right person for the job. The two supervisors said and asked very little, and didn't really seem to know or understand what I would be doing on a day to day basis.

When I got the job, I worked with this person for one week before they left for a new job, and they informed me that the upper management's hands off style of leading was a large part of her decision to finally take off.

Interview Questions

• Specifically what was my prior experience and how did it relate to the archivist role that was open?   1 Answer

Associate Internal Auditor Interview

Interview

Email setup for phone interview. Had a very short phone interview. Then went in for actual interview the following week. Met with two different people for about 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro in August 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online, had a co-op there put in a letter of recommendation, was emailed to set a phone interview, interviewed over phone with my would be manager, got an email offer. From submitting to being brought on board the process was well organized and everyone involved was very helpful, amicable, and welcoming.

Design Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in June 2016.

Interview

They called me. It was long after I left my resume with a recruiter, so an unexpected call back. (Apparently, if someone needs an intern quick, they run to HR and tell them to pull the resumes.)There were multiple people sitting in on the conference call. My eventual supervisor was the one who asked most of the questions and lead the interview. I had submitted a portfolio link, and they did indeed review it over the phone with me. (make sure you can follow along, or lead. Get a computer ready).

My skills for the job were far more important it seemed then my work experience. This could have been related to my supervisor's personality. I believe I was chosen based on my rounded abilities, potential for contribution to the specific project and humorous individuality with my conference call. (I had a few mishaps during the interview that ended up making me more memorable)

They then ended the interview by answering some of my questions about the job and commute. I got a follow up call by HR the next day. Is was a fast hiring process. And there was flexibility on start date.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have you done and are doing now?
      How comfortable are you with _____ programs? Are you more than proficient? Can you list some examples from your portfolio of how you completed the piece and what it was for?
      (after describing vaguely what the work is) Do you think you can contribute to this project? What comes to mind?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview

I first met with the hiring manager at their HQ on Newport Ave, and then with the VP of the department in a second interview. Felt like that one was just for a sign-off, no additional vetting.

Interview Questions

• VERY typical questions - how are you at Excel, talk about experience, etc. Not difficult.   Answer Question