Hasbro Interview Questions in Pawtucket, RI | Glassdoor

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Creative Manager - Branding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, followed by an email requesting a phone screen with the HR recruiter, which was scheduled.

At the conclusion of my phone interview, I was asked to visit for interviews the following week, since there was an upcoming company-wide event the week after.

Upon my arrival I was notified that the schedule had been changed from 6 people to 4. So instead of meeting with the VP, Director (hiring manager), one peer, two direct reports, and the HR recruiter, the one peer and HR recruiter were removed from my schedule.

The interviews went well, and I was enthusiastic about the prospect of working on some of the most iconic and exciting brands of my career. The team members were all very welcoming and my already strong interest only increased with each person I met.

Within 24 hours of my visit I sent individually-crafted thank you emails to all of the team members, receiving an unnecessary (but welcomed!) reply from one of the direct reports, along with a note from the HR recruiter that I would receive information on next steps the following week. My assumption was that this actually meant I would hear back 2 weeks later, due to the company event the following week.

When that second week came and passed without my having received an update, I again emailed the HR recruiter, understanding that people receive a lot of emails and perhaps mine might have gone unnoticed.

After waiting another week without having received a reply, rather than continuing with the HR recruiter, I decided to email the hiring person directly, reaffirming my strong interest in the position, and requesting an update on next steps. Since it's summertime, perhaps vacations overlapped emails, so I patiently waited.

Another week passed, still without a reply. Than another. And yet another.

Feeling a bit of exasperation setting in but still holding out hope that expressing my continued interest might make a difference, I again emailed a last-ditch reminder to the HR recruiter. Crickets.

On Hasbro's website, 'ethical standards' are touted, proclaiming that they are highly-ranked as an ethical company. However isn't the process of maintaining timely communications with potential employees part of what would be considered as ethical company behavior?

Based on the many interview reviews seen here, there appears to be a pattern of human resources abandonment of communications to those who do not receive offers. Rather than politely replying their alternate plans moving forward (such as the case with most companies), instead candidates are left flapping in the wind.

Although my overall rating of the interview is 'negative,' that assessment is solely-based on the lack of post-interview communication, as the interviews themselves and the people I met were welcoming and dedicated, and I feel strongly that each and every one of them would be great to work with.

Manager Role At HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very quick response after submitting online, had a screening phone interview with HR and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I sent a thank you email and then a follow-up email shortly thereafter. I received no responses to either and never heard from anyone ever again. That's rude. Candidates spend a lot of time to research and prepare, or at least they should, and some achnowledgment, any acknowledgement, afterwards should be part of the process. I held Hasbro to a higher standard and I'm disappointed.

Associate Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. First, had a phone interview and then went in for an in person interview a few days later. The questions were fairly easy and typical interview questions and the auditors asking the questions were really nice.

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in September 2015.

Interview

My resume was passed on from HR to the recruiter for the position. My first interview I met with three women in the department, the recruiter included. They all told me about the position, the department and the different personalities of the team members. I then had a chance to talk about myself and my background. My second interview was a week later with the SVP of the department, the VP of the department and another executive - I met them all separately.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone screen for one position (different toy brand), then got called in for the same position just for a different toy brand. It was a full day interview, meeting first with the HR contact/recruiter then with with several teams who interact with this role - included direct manager and a potential teammate, skip-level manager and 2 cross-functional teams. Sat in one room and interviewers came in.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

Hasbro is a great, even iconic company, but the interview process was anything but. I was contacted by a recruiter regarding her interest in my background. She found me on online, and given the strength of the Hasbro brand and the success of the company, I was definitely excited to get the call. After that, the process took over four months. Worst of all, after countless interviews and even traveling to Pawtucket for the final round interview, I never actually got a response regarding the outcome let alone feedback about their decision process.

As for the interview itself, I interviewed with three individuals at the company headquarters in Pawtucket, RI. The questions were pretty standard, but two of the interviewers were actually pretty rude and inconsiderate. Plus, my "interview day" was so disorganized it felt as if they didn't even know I was going to be there. Perhaps the company is just disjointed (a mess is probably more accurate), but for such a major company and one with great successes, it was surprisingly bad on almost all accounts.

Undisclosed Engineering-related Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

Was first contacted by an outside recruiter who then submitted my resume. Next I had a phone interview with an internal recruiter. He called half an hour later than expected with no explanation but was otherwise professional and asked relevant and reasonable questions. After submitting a work sample an interview was scheduled on-site.

The first person, my would-be immediate superior, spent almost the entire hour speaking and asked very few questions. They left a good impression on me. The next scheduled person wasn't in, and I met instead a more senior person in the group. The person was looking at my resume for the first time (judging by the questions) and may not have known I was coming or seen my work sample. The person first spent a good amount of time asking probing personal questions. The person's demeanor was dismissive and impatient, one of the rudest encounters I've had in an interview. At no point was I tested on relevant knowledge or ability to perform.

After sending a thank-you note the next day I received no follow ups whatsoever from anyone. The job posting remained up for several months. It is now down and it's unclear from linkedin whether anyone was finally hired.

Finally, when I wanted to do a post-portem with the internal recruiter three months after interviewing, they were already working elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Mostly it was the lack of any relevant questions - nothing even along the lines of "do you know product/technology so-and-so".   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in March 2010.

Interview

Overall the interview process was status quo as interviews go. Simple easy conversation none of the standard interview questions "Tell me about a time when..." or strengths and weaknesses. Although I had prepped for anything. It is a long time in between first and second interview then awhile for the final outcome.

Girls Toy Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in March 2010.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice. They currently did not have a position open, but were looking for talent and making connections. It was extremely casual. She didn't ask a question to start off with so you had to direct the conversation. She also asked about projects in my portfolio. Brought portfolios back with her.

Interview Questions

• You know when you have a real job you'll only have to work 9-5 right?   Answer Question