Hasbro Interview Questions in Pawtucket, RI | Glassdoor

2.8

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

The interview process with pretty straight forward. I met with the Design Director & Vice President as well as the Marketing Vice President. I hounded HR each week for an update since I was told in the interviews of each team member that this position needed to be filled quickly. My persistence paid off

Interview Questions

• What would I like to work on for that could be revolutionary to either the brand or product category?   1 Answer

Senior Creative Manager - Branding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, followed by an email requesting a phone screen with the HR recruiter, which was scheduled.

At the conclusion of my phone interview, I was asked to visit for interviews the following week, since there was an upcoming company-wide event the week after.

Upon my arrival I was notified that the schedule had been changed from 6 people to 4. So instead of meeting with the VP, Director (hiring manager), one peer, two direct reports, and the HR recruiter, the one peer and HR recruiter were removed from my schedule.

The interviews went well, and I was enthusiastic about the prospect of working on some of the most iconic and exciting brands of my career. The team members were all very welcoming and my already strong interest only increased with each person I met.

Within 24 hours of my visit I sent individually-crafted thank you emails to all of the team members, receiving an unnecessary (but welcomed!) reply from one of the direct reports, along with a note from the HR recruiter that I would receive information on next steps the following week. My assumption was that this actually meant I would hear back 2 weeks later, due to the company event the following week.

When that second week came and passed without my having received an update, I again emailed the HR recruiter, understanding that people receive a lot of emails and perhaps mine might have gone unnoticed.

After waiting another week without having received a reply, rather than continuing with the HR recruiter, I decided to email the hiring person directly, reaffirming my strong interest in the position, and requesting an update on next steps. Since it's summertime, perhaps vacations overlapped emails, so I patiently waited.

Another week passed, still without a reply. Than another. And yet another.

Feeling a bit of exasperation setting in but still holding out hope that expressing my continued interest might make a difference, I again emailed a last-ditch reminder to the HR recruiter. Crickets.

On Hasbro's website, 'ethical standards' are touted, proclaiming that they are highly-ranked as an ethical company. However isn't the process of maintaining timely communications with potential employees part of what would be considered as ethical company behavior?

Based on the many interview reviews seen here, there appears to be a pattern of human resources abandonment of communications to those who do not receive offers. Rather than politely replying their alternate plans moving forward (such as the case with most companies), instead candidates are left flapping in the wind.

Although my overall rating of the interview is 'negative,' that assessment is solely-based on the lack of post-interview communication, as the interviews themselves and the people I met were welcoming and dedicated, and I feel strongly that each and every one of them would be great to work with.

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online(on their website) and through college. I don't know which one they looked at, but either way they took at least a month to get back to me. I already had decided to go intern at another place. After they emailed me, the interview process was very quick, I got an email to schedule an interview, had interview the next day, and got an offer letter the day after. I had to turn down another job because Hasbro was my first choice to intern at.

Manager Role At HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very quick response after submitting online, had a screening phone interview with HR and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I sent a thank you email and then a follow-up email shortly thereafter. I received no responses to either and never heard from anyone ever again. That's rude. Candidates spend a lot of time to research and prepare, or at least they should, and some achnowledgment, any acknowledgement, afterwards should be part of the process. I held Hasbro to a higher standard and I'm disappointed.

Associate Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. First, had a phone interview and then went in for an in person interview a few days later. The questions were fairly easy and typical interview questions and the auditors asking the questions were really nice.

Archivist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

I was in a room with my two direct supervisors and the person I would be replacing. The person I was replacing was knowledgable about the position and really grilled me to make sure that I was the right person for the job. The two supervisors said and asked very little, and didn't really seem to know or understand what I would be doing on a day to day basis.

When I got the job, I worked with this person for one week before they left for a new job, and they informed me that the upper management's hands off style of leading was a large part of her decision to finally take off.

Interview Questions

• Specifically what was my prior experience and how did it relate to the archivist role that was open?   1 Answer

Design Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in June 2016.

Interview

They called me. It was long after I left my resume with a recruiter, so an unexpected call back. (Apparently, if someone needs an intern quick, they run to HR and tell them to pull the resumes.)There were multiple people sitting in on the conference call. My eventual supervisor was the one who asked most of the questions and lead the interview. I had submitted a portfolio link, and they did indeed review it over the phone with me. (make sure you can follow along, or lead. Get a computer ready).

My skills for the job were far more important it seemed then my work experience. This could have been related to my supervisor's personality. I believe I was chosen based on my rounded abilities, potential for contribution to the specific project and humorous individuality with my conference call. (I had a few mishaps during the interview that ended up making me more memorable)

They then ended the interview by answering some of my questions about the job and commute. I got a follow up call by HR the next day. Is was a fast hiring process. And there was flexibility on start date.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have you done and are doing now?
      How comfortable are you with _____ programs? Are you more than proficient? Can you list some examples from your portfolio of how you completed the piece and what it was for?
      (after describing vaguely what the work is) Do you think you can contribute to this project? What comes to mind?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in May 2016.

Interview

Talked to a couple guys at the department i would be an intern in. They were friendly, did not test my technical knowledge but asked more general questions. My school arranged for the interview. Which was quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite toy growing up.   1 Answer

Global Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was quite relaxed and informal. I was made feel comfortable. Very positive overall experience at the in person interview. The culture at the company, as many note, is so welcoming and warm. I felt at ease when entering the building for the on campus interview. I met with multiple people, but only one at a time, not in a panel interview. The building is open and has a lot of history regarding all of the companies toys and their progression. A very cool office.

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in September 2015.

Interview

My resume was passed on from HR to the recruiter for the position. My first interview I met with three women in the department, the recruiter included. They all told me about the position, the department and the different personalities of the team members. I then had a chance to talk about myself and my background. My second interview was a week later with the SVP of the department, the VP of the department and another executive - I met them all separately.