Hasbro Interview Questions in Pawtucket, RI | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2017

2.8

Associate Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. First, had a phone interview and then went in for an in person interview a few days later. The questions were fairly easy and typical interview questions and the auditors asking the questions were really nice.

Design Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in June 2016.

Interview

They called me. It was long after I left my resume with a recruiter, so an unexpected call back. (Apparently, if someone needs an intern quick, they run to HR and tell them to pull the resumes.)There were multiple people sitting in on the conference call. My eventual supervisor was the one who asked most of the questions and lead the interview. I had submitted a portfolio link, and they did indeed review it over the phone with me. (make sure you can follow along, or lead. Get a computer ready).

My skills for the job were far more important it seemed then my work experience. This could have been related to my supervisor's personality. I believe I was chosen based on my rounded abilities, potential for contribution to the specific project and humorous individuality with my conference call. (I had a few mishaps during the interview that ended up making me more memorable)

They then ended the interview by answering some of my questions about the job and commute. I got a follow up call by HR the next day. Is was a fast hiring process. And there was flexibility on start date.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have you done and are doing now?
      How comfortable are you with _____ programs? Are you more than proficient? Can you list some examples from your portfolio of how you completed the piece and what it was for?
      (after describing vaguely what the work is) Do you think you can contribute to this project? What comes to mind?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in May 2016.

Interview

Talked to a couple guys at the department i would be an intern in. They were friendly, did not test my technical knowledge but asked more general questions. My school arranged for the interview. Which was quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite toy growing up.   1 Answer

Global Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was quite relaxed and informal. I was made feel comfortable. Very positive overall experience at the in person interview. The culture at the company, as many note, is so welcoming and warm. I felt at ease when entering the building for the on campus interview. I met with multiple people, but only one at a time, not in a panel interview. The building is open and has a lot of history regarding all of the companies toys and their progression. A very cool office.

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in September 2015.

Interview

My resume was passed on from HR to the recruiter for the position. My first interview I met with three women in the department, the recruiter included. They all told me about the position, the department and the different personalities of the team members. I then had a chance to talk about myself and my background. My second interview was a week later with the SVP of the department, the VP of the department and another executive - I met them all separately.

Marketing Manager - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

Call from the hiring agency to get an initial feel on your personality and professional experience. Then go in and actually meet the hiring manager(s). They ask you about your professional experience, what your goal is, why you want to work for Hasbro and then some chit-chat about your personal life. Overall in-person interview took about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working under tight time lines and working with cross-functional teams?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Brand Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call followed by an in person interview with two art directors. We reviewed by portfolio books, going through each project. They would ask questions about my design choices and how I made certain decisions. After we discussed what my role would be as a brand design intern and how I would be involved in the day to day life of the company. Advise: be prepared with portfolio and answers to why you made specific design choices. Bring multiple resumes and business cards because you most likely won't know how many people are interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe the world of play is evolving?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

Long email chained conversation with several engineers and soon to be managers and then several phone call interviews, heavily based of character, demeanor, skills and past experiences. Very friendly, non-aggressive and informative. Typical first round interview, not a lot of challenge or behavior questions. Focused on skills and personal desires and approaches.

Consumer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in March 2015.

Interview

First, I filled out an application and submitted it to the Hasbro Human Resources department, the I was contacted by a representative from HR to schedule an interview first with HR. After the interview with HR, I had interviews with several individuals in the Consumer Services department: first, the supervisor I would be reporting to and then the Director of the department.

Interview Questions

• The amount of experience in consumer services positions prior to this.   1 Answer

Model Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hasbro (Pawtucket, RI) in November 2014.

Interview

Asked to interview after meeting a hiring manager at an event, was asked to bring a portfolio and any work prior examples. Two managers met with me to interview and we discussed my past experiences, with a focus on what I was comfortable with in regards to skills, whether they were hand, machine or digital skills. In my case I have examples of all 3, and this seemed to help. From there discussed past experiences and tried to relate to what I assumed were the needs of the department. One manager then took me on a tour of the shop and reviewed their full range of capabilities while also introducing me to the different workers I could be potentially working with. After the tour we had briefly met again, reviewed the jobs requirements and told me they'd call me within a week to let me know whether they would be hiring me or not.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with managing multiple projects and tight deadlines?

We directly serve all the creative departments through the company at varying stages of development, do you have any experience in product development?

What kinds of machines or tools have you used in your professional career? CNC, Laser, RP, etc
      Answer Question