Hastings Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Waco, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Did the app, got called for an interview about a week later. Group interview with about 5 other people. Basic questions. The manager and manager in training at the time interviewed ua in the break room. Not really a personal interview, generic questions.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Amarillo, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Had to interview with 6 different people all associated with the job. They flew me in from my home state and for my motel stay, car rental, and meals. Interview took approximately 1 1/2 hours. Once completed they had me stay another night to look around the area and I flew back the next day. Once I returned home they called me and offered me the job. They flew me back to Amarillo to find a place to live and provided me with relocation assistance.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I stay up to date on the current trends and changing needs of the customers.They were very thorough in the interview process. Asked me questions on my experience. How I handled difficult customers and my ability to negotiate. Asked me about me previous work history as well ad how I could relate those experience to the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation took place. However don't under sell yourself and feel confident in what you are worth. Don't be desperate and don't always accept the first offer. If at all possible try to make a counter offer before accepting the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment in October 2011.

Interview

I was hired as a seasonal employee during an impersonal group interview of 4 applicants. All 4 of us were hired, 3 of us were kept as regular employees after the season and worked more than a year at Hastings. I am now the only remaining employee from that group interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could have one superpower, what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, starting pay at minimum wage, despite 5+ years retail experience, only part-time position offered (still art-time after 2 years).

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment in June 2009.

Interview

My guess is that I got a new interviewer. The questions were vague to the point of being nonsensical. He mumbled so much that it was difficult to understand him. When I called to confirm the date of the interview, he acted like I was insane for doing such a thing and when I got there I had to wait for an hour after my scheduled interview time before I could talk to him.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Lake Jackson, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied at Store in person, they called me in for interview, interview consisted of basic questions - why do you want the job, do you have experience handling cash, what customer experience do you have, how would you handle an irate customer, they called all my references and then I did a drug test, then was hired at minimum wage

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Ardmore, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

The first interview was very informal and just a review of my resume and made sure I could work retail hours (nights and weekends). The second was with the dm and was a STAR (Situation /task/action/results ) interview. The third was with HR and was also a STAR interview. They basically want to know what you have done in common situations and how it worked out. They will also ask about your abilit to travel and/or relocate as this is required for an MIT

Anonymous Employee in Yukon, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Yukon, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

I met with Store Manager and had several behavioral questions, pretty basic really, then an a phone interview with District manager, more of the same, and finally a phone interview with their corporate human resources director, I believe. Each step was progressively more difficult.
    It was 2nd time I had applied, first time I turned down offer. I feel they rushed me through second time.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to monitor the progress on a group of associates...   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment.

Interview

Application was online. Contacted 2 weeks after submitting the applicaton. Had one in person interview with the District Manager a week later. Was offered the job within a week of the interview. Whole process from initial application to start date was 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important job aspect of being a store manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My expected salary was a lot higher than the supposed starting salary. They offered lower than my expected amount, but higher than the initial amount, so I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Saint Joseph, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

Consists of basic questions that usually begin with "Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldn't make a deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Clovis, NM) in March 2012.

Interview

Was called for interview and then scheduled one. Done in person with store manager and district manager was not asked any questions related to the job other than can you work 45 hours a week, after that it was questions about my life or hobbies was weird, After that was a drug test and background screening.

Interview Questions

• Did you buy that game from us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none.