Hastings Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hastings Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview

Interview

They wouldn't get back to me. I went in and also online. Very sad! All they said was apply online and they said I would hear back soon. Don't need that kind of work.

Front Counter Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Conroe, TX).

Interview

I was seated in the cafe area and asked about my leadership experiences and work history and specifically why I wanted to work for Hastings. On the job application the is a question that asks "what question if asked would best allow you to show why you should work at hastings, if you don't have a good answer to that think long and hard about what question would best show you off in the interview. After more interest question solidifying my nerd credibility (optional I'm sure) it then came down to pay. I'm sorry this is where I flat out told the GM that I would never work for Hastings if that is truly the best they can do. 8.50 an hour and you have all the duties of a manager, no thanks.

Interview Questions

• What would be your themesong?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment.

Interview

They had already decided to hire me based on multiple staff recommendations; the interview process was a last check. I did make sure to answer the extensive online questions and I had full availability and said minimum wage was my required pay. I had been refused previously because I had asked for $.50 more than that and asked for a semi regular schedule.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Island, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Grand Island, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

Very simple, I applied, I came in and met the Assistant manager. We interviewed and then we moved on to the process of the drug test. After that I did a computer tax form.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Hastings Entertainment   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (San Marcos, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was more of a conversation about what movies and shows I like than an interview. The hiring manager didn't ask much except my previous experience and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you'd like to get out of working here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to negotiate for your hourly pay. Most of the people working there didn't even ask and were stuck at minimum wage. I specified mine and got it.

Manager of Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Amarillo, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

First I got a phone call from their external recruiter who set up a phone interview with their HR dept. After the HR interview I had a phone interview with their CFO. After that, I went to an in-person interview at their expense. I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Do I understand sales tax? Could I help them with audits? What supervisory experience do I have? Do I know PeopleSoft?   1 Answer

Books Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Bozeman, MT) in December 2014.

Interview

Laid back. Easy interview. Questions were straightforward. Questions asked were like "what are your strengths, and what are your weaknesses?" What is your availability? What are you studying in college? What is the importance of teamwork?

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you pitch a book you don't like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's either you get 8.10/hr or we can't hire you.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Moscow, ID) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took a long time, but the interview process was extremely laid back. They asked me very basic interview questions and talked a lot about my previous work experience. The interviewers were very 'goofy'.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any type of animal what would you be and why   Answer Question

Book Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Nampa, ID) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online. They called the next day to invite me in for an interview. The interview was held at their cafe. The interview itself wasn't difficult. But in the end, I applied for a position I was qualified for and they offered me a different position. I accepted their offer and they were surprised when I wasn't qualified for the position I did not apply for.

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hastings Entertainment (Waco, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Did the app, got called for an interview about a week later. Group interview with about 5 other people. Basic questions. The manager and manager in training at the time interviewed ua in the break room. Not really a personal interview, generic questions.